SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="9th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Benteke, rumour, 5, itk"]
Ok it's down to 2 clubs at the moment in for Benteke, we are 1 of them and the other has already been mentioned!
Calm down calm down ;0)
[/itk]

Rep-edit: So.....us and (quelle surprise) the mickey-mousers then?

[itk="9th July 2013, in, The Journalist, Benteke, rumour, 6, itk"]
Journalist made a few remarks on the Benteke situation that are important. No offer and he has not been to our training facilities.

The Journalist said: ↑
Benteke is on holiday. not at the Tottenham training ground as someone has suggested.
there's been no offers from Tottenham.
but its obvious that his agent has been doing something behind the scenes.

A follow up question about him having visited us, was responded to with
not from what we believe or been told

And somebody asked if all of this talk was just posturing for a new contract, which he replied to with
i think hell be off somewhere
[/itk]

[itk="9th July 2013, in, Jasper, Halilovic and Jedvaj, rumour, 6, itk"]
I doubt it will happen now as there seems to be a lot of convincing to be done with especially Halilovic. We know he cannot move until he is 18.

Other poster - where does he want to go?

Jasper - From what I gather if we were a top top team like Barca, Bayern, United etc it would be that difficult. Top young talent is now everybody's news and more difficult to pull off. Club prefer us and get impression if it was down to them solely it would be done sooner rather than later.
[/itk]

[itk="11th July 2013, in, wpd659, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]
Gd news is we have put a proposal for Bernard bad news is he is probably going porto.
Gd news is we have spoke to villa about Benteke
Bad news is there is about £7mill difference in price.
Gd news is Hudd should be signing for sunderland unless fulham put a late bid in.
Bad news is well he might not pass fitness test.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Sooooooooo, no news at all really, as no change to personnel....?

[itk="12th July 2013, out, cabinessence, Huddlestone and Parker, rumour, 6, itk"]
Hudd happy to go but wants too much money at the mo. Should still happen but S'land not going to move too much more than they already have. Also a bit late I know as it's alrready been posted but Parker to QPR a goer but wages a prob as he's on £70k a week which Arry is saying is ok of course, esp if he gets them back up. Fernandes however is saying that's a lot to pay a Championship player. Should happen still. That info is at 6pm last night. No other info I'm afraid on incomings.
[/itk]

[itk="13th July 2013, in, The Goat, Benteke, rumour, 6, itk"]
The Goat hears that our interest in Benteke is firm, but £20m is the ceiling. Also that we're looking for what was termed a 'wing forward', but no names were mentioned.
[/itk]

[itk="14th July 2013, in, Grey Fox, Movement, rumour, 5, itk"]
Been told one incoming immenient and second not too far off. Yes I know I said 2 by the 8th, but can't help the fact Villa is a dick!. Also should see at least two outgoing by the end of the week.
As an aside I haven't been told anything about Benny going and the suggestion is either Naughton or Rose will be departing.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Riiiiiiiiiight, so nothing really to report then and you get to be all knowing and ting if anything does happen?

[itk="14th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Benteke, rumour, 5, itk"]
Well just heard that it looks like we may have done a certain mr Benteke :0)
Pretty sure we have and sounds v optimistic.
Not putting my nads on the line 100% as still a few things to complete things change blah blah. but a deal in principle has been done 'apparently'.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: "May have", "things change", "apparently"? Yeah, thanks....

[itk="14th July 2013, in, Atlanta Yid, Bale, rumour, 6, itk"]
It is safe to buy your number 11 shirt for next season

Mr Lewis has opened the check book
[/itk]

[itk="15th July 2013, in, Storts, Chadli, rumour, 7, itk"]
It will happen, if we want it to, that hasn't been decided just yet though

JJetset then chimed in with:
"Backing up Storts info last night that Daniel has had Chadli fully checked out and is another option for us.

This has been mentioned by lots of other ITK too and i have been away but he has definitely been 'evaluated' so to say."
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Ooh it's 'Daniel', is it??

[itk="15th July 2013, in, Adam Suter, Benteke, twitter, 7, itk"]
Baldini is making the difference. Likely Benteke will be a Spurs player by the end of the week. 5 year deal plus option.
[/itk]

jJb4wWN.png

[itk="15th July 2013, in, Atlanta Yid, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]
small update from atlanta yid when asked whether lewis opening his cheque book means paying what bale wants in wages, or whether its for buying quality players to keep bale happy that way the reply was:
The Cheque book is for new toys

Ryantegan responded with:
Proper spend up!!!

Thats what I was told too.....ooooo the cream is building up in my pants!
[/itk]

[itk="16th July 2013, in, Carlito Brigante, Benteke, rumour, 10, itk"]
You melts need to chill.

Uncle Carlito has told you its done, so its done.

Michu not done, Higuain.....not done.

Benteke....Done...

Done
[/itk]

[itk="15th July 2013, in, wpd659, Leandro, rumour, 6, itk"]
On a different note hearing we arnt out of the race for a certain brazilian either
[/itk]

Rep-edit: This......again.......?

[itk="16th July 2013, in, Trix, Benteke, rumour, 7, itk"]
Been sitting on this for two hours now, but I have finally managed to get to a PC so I can pass it on. I was called this morning from a friend of mine(from B'ham) who I have known for over 30 years and who Ihaven't seen for at least 3-4 months now, who desperately needed a favour. He is trying to impress a couple of potential Australian clients who are over atm and they happened to mention they liked to fish back home. Anyway long story short but I have a small 5m fishing boat that I occasionally take friends and family out into the channel on. Well as some of you know(I have posted a few times) that I have a friend who used to have a close family member who was very influential on the board back when Doug Ellis was in charge of Villa, this was the friend in question!!! Well he has retired now but still works for the club full time(non paid) dealing with all Villa's behind the scenes charity work, he still sits in an executive box and still has very good connections at the club. Anyhoo We had a bit of a chat and talk turned to football and inevitably Benteke. He said he hadn't heard anything for a couple of days but the last he heard was that we had shown a lot more than just interest...Anyway 15 minutes later I had this text convo with him......

Him:
Hi mate. Just spoke to dad and he says he thinks B will definitely be at Spurs before the end of the week. Sticking point has been extra's!

Me:
Extra's?

Him:
Yeah we have a price and one way or another want to make sure we get it.

Me:
How do you mean?

Him:
Straight up cash or big lump sum+huge sell on % and add ons.

Me:
any idea how much?

Him:
Dad won't know exact numbers but said it would be in the region of 18mil +25% + Add ons. He thinks it's the big % that is causing the problem, because it may cost Spurs quite a lot more than the straight up fee.

About half hour later I got this....
Just to add Benteke has told Villa It is Spurs he wants to go to and his agent has made this abundantly clear.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom