SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="1st July 2013, in, Jasper, Mcmanaman, rumour, 7, itk"]
We are interested in Callum McManaman but Wigan are asking too much at present.

He later followed up by saying:
They want far too much imho which we wont pay, unless they come down in asking price. It is well in excess of 10m.
[/itk]

[itk="2nd July 2013, in, wpd659, Villa, rumour, 6, itk"]
Just had a spoke to my biatch saying lennon prob wont be happy when he sees his new shirt! We think dave is ours.
[/itk]

[itk="2nd July 2013, in, cabinessence, Various, rumour, 7, itk"]
11 out and 4 or 5 more in (in addition to Paulie). Outs if poss will include Ade, JD, CD, Livers, Parker, Thuss and Essou. No other info.
[/itk]

[itk="3rd July 2013, in, Ryantegan, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]
you open doors and close them, quicker than the hands of most. Cant you see? there is hope! Its time for a reaction.
[/itk]

......Pjanic, apparently.....

...yeah, I have no idea either.....

[itk="3rd July 2013, in, POTL, Soldado, rumour, 5, itk"]
Don't jump the gun on this one. Hadn't mentioned anything on this one for certain reasons. There is definite interest- but it isn't close at time of writing. Never know with Franco tho- did a great job out in Brazil. There will be news on the house by the weekend hopefully though. Positivity.
[/itk]

[itk="3rd July 2013, in, Jjetset, Soldado Remy Townsend Onion, rumour, 4, itk"]
The case against Remy in the alleged rape isnt that strong to be honest. He should get off.

Us and QPR are new besties also at chairman level. The bloke who manages their football team is still completely nuts!

Regarding Soldado is that, he isnt first choice and has been heavily considered over the last few years and when he was at Getafe. Valencia are still not great financially so they could do with the money however he wants big wages and a fee plus his age works against him with Daniel being closer to 30 than 25! However my onion is that he really is Top quality and would be great for us but would be surprised to see it happen.

Erm dont be surprised to see Townsend go somewhere if he isnt playing every week as he doesnt want to sit around and be a bench warmer this season.
[/itk]

[itk="3rd July 2013, in, The Goat, Bale, rumour, 6, itk"]
The Goat has had word of Bale's growing commercial dealings in the UK that suggest a move from the Premier League is highly unlikely this season.
[/itk]

[itk="4th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Croats and Parker, rumour, 4, itk"]
The lads from Croatia are nearly sorted.

SP moving on is still being worked on. All quite early in the piece but DL wants to shift quickly.
[/itk]

[itk="6th July 2013, in, WishKah, Villa, rumour, 6, itk"]
Some transactions The WiShKaH-shaped-goat has been made aware of have led said alter-Goat to Spain. the amounts concerned lead this well endowed mammal to believe it's David Villa
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Er......wut? Why not just say Spurs have sorted some spons to pay for David Villa?

[itk="6th July 2013, out, Ryantegan, Parker, rumour, 6, itk"]
Harry is working hard on Scott. He is offering all sorts of incentives. I think Scott has other options though and that could drive the price higher than QPR want to.pay.

Ultimately he is almost certain to be gone soon enough
[/itk]

[itk="6th July 2013, out, ValenciaYid, Rose, rumour, 5, itk"]
just dont be so sure of roses whereabouts next season....nothing else to report, yet...
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Not much reported here to be fair.....

Had berfdae yesterday so another catch-up series.....

[itk="8th July 2013, in, Gards, Benteke, twitter, 5, itk"]
Gards @Gards44
@removed not that I know of! A striker has visited our training ground recently! Must be our number 1 target but the villa fee is cheap!!

Reply to Gards
would b very unlike levy to sanction a £20m+ move for a player that is 28.

Gards @Gards44
@removed spot on! But for a 22 year old!??

Benteke is 22 years old so I think that's a hint that Benteke is indeed the player he was talking about
[/itk]

[itk="8th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Various, rumour, 5, itk"]
Villa was always going to be iffy due to wages and age.
Croatian lads seems to be dragging on and i do hope we are not trying to be too clever with the money......
Outgoings not moving as we are after big money and not surprisingly no-one is taking them off our hands.

Benteke is a lot of money so you guys can ruminate if DL will buy...? I dont know at this point.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: I don't know about you lot but I suspect this chap is itk in the same way as somebody who reads the papers and has an opinion is itk. Ie not a all. Berk.

[itk="8th July 2013, in, GrahamRoberts, Benteke, rumour, 5, itk"]
Journo who apparently broke the transfer request story pretty certain it's us he is coming to.

Glenn Huddlestone added after this posting with some interesting detail

That was James Nursey, Daily Mirror Midlands reporter. Speaking on talkSPORT he said " If I was a betting man, and I'm not, my money would be on Spurs"
[/itk]

Rep-edit: For the avoidance of doubt, Graham Roberts is not the man himself. And Glenn Huddlestone is almost certainly another FTL bod.

[itk="9th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Benteke, rumour, 5, itk"]
Anyone see ITK update 6 back in May?

(Update 6 was "We are sniffing around him......" - yeah, I know, earth-shattering)

Nothing is certain yet but we are still in there sniffing
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Blatant "look at me, I guessed right" post. Tit.

[itk="9th July 2013, in, POTL, Villa, rumour, 5, itk"]
Gutted that this didn't come off. Don't blame Levy or Franco this isn't their fault and along with Andre have all put a lot of effort in making this deal happen, we thought we had done enough and had put a very good deal on the table to both the player and the club and believed we had done everything we could to make it happen, confidence was high. Effectively the player has chosen to stay in Spain for his last few years, you could say he has bottled coming to the Prem for not stepping out of his comfort zone or label it with something else. It is disappointing the manager hasn't been able to get his number one target in the striking position. This however isn't the first or will be the last time this has happened. Work has now begun on option two, wheels are in motion- however this doesn't mean you will see someone holding up a shirt in the next 24 hours- be patient we will get a striker this window.

POTL
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Yeah cheers dumb-ass, think we could all have opined on the thoughts of David Villa, and chances are nobody would be right. Oh and another thing, stop referring to leading figures in the club like you've just been chatting with them over the water cooler and a all, like, "best buds" and ting...that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom