SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="17th July 2013, in, wpd659, Benteke, rumour, 6, itk"]
Btw there has been some advances over the last 24hrs. The deal we thought would be accepted was not what villa thought. Something about the upfront fee. Hearing there is a sell on clause but it isnt the 25% some people are saying. We dont wana offer more than 15% but as we are still negotating it prob will be 20% in the end. I was told we both want it done by end of the week!
And should happen! Figure i was told we was offering was £17mill plus add ons to make up to £20mill plus 15% sell on.
[/itk]

[itk="17th July 2013, in, Gards44, Benteke, rumour, 7, itk"]
Contrast to reports no bid has yet been made for Benteke! His terms are fine! Negotiation to be done but confident it will happen! #thfc
[/itk]

[itk="17th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Benteke, rumour, 6, itk"]
Benteke Deal is still on and we are trying to conclude The have we, or havent we bid, conversation is difficult as its not like you are buying a house, it all goes a bit backwards like dogs sniffing each others arses and then picks up a bit of momentum then nothing official but a lot of agents involvement and then potential deal scenarios. All very very backward way of doing business and then at the end of all of this Daniel says ok and offers them 200grand!! (joke)Our deals are always a bit complex but worth it in the end if they come off.I'm still confident at this point in time and dont get impatient. Sometimes we do players and it take 3 weeks to announce and on others we announce immediately.
[/itk]

[itk="18th July 2013, in, Spurs Clock, McCarthy, rumour, 9, itk"]
Genuine ITK: We have had a bid accepted for McCarthy of Wigan, just medical and personal terms to agree

When asked of a source:
from someone I trust implicitly at the club. I would bet my balls that it is 100% true. of course we may not agree terms but it sounds like we will
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Oh, it's genuine ITK, that's all right then, I always went on the basis that this shit was dreamed up or inferred by some berk with some 20x50s half way up a tree....but I note the absence of it being "nailed-on", so I'm skeptical... 9/10.

[itk="18th July 2013, in, Ali Z, Benteke, rumour, 7, itk"]
On Benteke: we are still apart they want a higher fee and sell on %, strong chance this will happen but it may drag.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: See? That's what I'm talking about, 'strong chance' this one will happen but also a Government Health Warning of Edwina Currie-esque proportions.

XEUvZ4D.gif

[itk="20th July 2013, in, Jjetset, Benteke and others, rumour, 6, itk"]
In response to:
Was hoping for Benteke especially after hearing from ITKs that it was pretty much in the bag - guess it gives everyone a bit of a reality check about reliability of info. Looking back, POTL and BEN never mentioned either Benteke or the croatian lads as being almost done so that speaks volumes.

JJetset replied with:
The reason they didn't mention Benteke is because they are not as close to what is going on as others. It has been rumbling on all week.
Now I will update you more soon with why DL wouldn't pay up but I haven't heard the full story yet.
We should have gone for it though :0(
Could be Soldado or Remy now.
We are in for Bernard in a big way now too as well which is pleasing.
[/itk]

[itk="20th July 2013, in, Yidio, Strikers and More, rumour, 6, itk"]
Still avoiding posting in most cases, but i want to put something straight here. We were never close to David Villa, we were never close to Mario Gomez, we were never close to Alvaro Negredo. We were touted as potential destinations for these players, but particularly with David Villa it was all blown out of proportion by the press/rumour boards - he was far from ever being a serious, realistic target. If the majority of us thought with our heads rather than our hearts, we could have worked this out despite the constant barrage of those telling us otherwise.

Benteke, however, is different. We did want him and we put a lot of work into it. However, those who made claims that deals were 'done in principle' etc were way off the mark. Nothing was ever close to being agreed with Aston Villa, therefore making any other 'deal' irrelevant. Would you sanction £25m of our limited transfer budget for Benteke? Well neither would Levy. AV informed Benteke of this and his option was then clear - stay on a low wage or stay on a high wage. Whether we come back before the end of the window or not is a different story - his new deal means pretty much nothing as he would still be sold at the right price, and he was identified from the beginning as an ideal, achievable striker target. Not over yet, but attention must move to the next one. Soldado & Osvaldo for example - real targets, the latter much more likely than the former. Good enough? I'm not sure.

We are still out there haggling in the traditional Levy way. We will sign a striker (and more). Baldini's arrival & AVB having a successful season are factors in why we are *hinting* at moving a little faster, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks - Levy is Levy and you'd be naive to think that has changed.
[/itk]

[itk="20th July 2013, in, HertYid, Things, rumour, 6, itk"]
With an associate of JB.

Bale - we set a price, was agreed initially by two clubs. Neither have bid that number officially and GB happy to sign new contract. Agent gets 20% of wages so no pressure to move.

Villa - we had him agreed. Athletico came in late, nothing we could do. Gotta move on.

He said soldado being pawned around. I know nothing about this guy but he reckons he'll be in PL by sept.

Also said we were chasing Shaktar guy for the last year but in end money wasn't enough, not sure which player he was referring to.

Final he said we have money to spend. GB seen our plans and very impressed, if not he wouldn't be signing up. Said JB and son very happy and expect a lot. all good.
[/itk]

[itk="20th July 2013, in, Jjetset, More Things, rumour, 7, itk"]
I can concur with nearly all of the Yidio ITK very good.

However we were talking about a deal for Benteke but 'the deal in principle' was grammar used to me that was obviously just a bit of excitement or hearsay from within.

Now i have the dilemma that this is an ITK thread so i pass on all my info for your entertainment but when something goes amiss you feel like you are just justifying your reputation all the time as to whether you are genuine FFS!

We just pass on info all the time for your ITK pleasure.

I wasnt always ITK so i know what you are like but truckloads and i mean truckloads of salt are needed as things change so much and there is so much bullshit out there in football world like you have never seen before!
[/itk]

[itk="20th July 2013, in, Atlanta Yid, Money, rumour, 6, itk"]
From what I have been told...News is Coming this week! We have 50 million pound to spend on players weather or not we know how to spend it is another question I have been pressing for info on players but have had no joy all I have been told is that we have many pokers in the fire.
[/itk]

[itk="21st July 2013, in, The Goat, New Signing, rumour, 6, itk"]
A new signing, but not a new face, will be announced soon. And in the middle there's two more years.
[/itk]

[itk="21st July 2013, in, Atlanta Yid, Money, rumour, 7, itk"]
(On Bale) It not odd because the club want to announce that he has signed a new deal

I was told that DL has a total of 50 million to spend on players we just spent 7 million on the Boy for Belgium so we have 43 left to spend.

I trust DL to get the best deal or deals possible but Joe Lewis wants Spurs in the Champions League and is willing to invest the cash to do it.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom