Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno sammy. we get cash for that these days, the chances are they will be paying all his wages, and you never know, if he starts every week he may (I stress MAY, with neon lights and dancing girls pointing at it, MAY) blossom to a point where we get a couple of million extra cash by selling him in a year as opposed to now, or want him back cos he does really well

I love what Hudd could have been, but at this point I honestly think he will never make it.

I also think if he were to become *that* player it would really require a team being built to get the most of his skillset, something Im not an advocate of (primarily because, what happens when he gets injured? He isnt a player easily replaced)

He looks to me like he giant frame is taking its toll upon itself, and that now is the time to sell. Before long he will likely be broken, and he just doesnt seem to fit the system of the current regime

I love what Hudd could have been, but at this point I honestly think he will never make it.

I also think if he were to become *that* player it would really require a team being built to get the most of his skillset, something Im not an advocate of (primarily because, what happens when he gets injured? He isnt a player easily replaced)

He looks to me like he giant frame is taking its toll upon itself, and that now is the time to sell. Before long he will likely be broken, and he just doesnt seem to fit the system of the current regime

Sadly he'll never be that player, he's 27 in Dec & he's made little impact be that because of injury or lack of mobility. He really is too slow for the prem & the fact that he's given little time to spray balls about. I'd really have loved to see him play in a slower league as I think he'd shine .

Seems sensible to me, a year of premiership football might make him a player we want to keep or (more likely) make him sellable at a better price next summer

I meant more for Hudd, but its permanent...

Saying that, I dont think Livermore will offer us anything really. Could as well be sold, especially if Caulker was deemed surplus to requirements.

Sadly he'll never be that player, he's 27 in Dec & he's made little impact be that because of injury or lack of mobility. He really is too slow for the prem & the fact that he's given little time to spray balls about. I'd really have loved to see him play in a slower league as I think he'd shine .

I honestly think if his last minute goalbound shot against Wigan had've gon in at the arse end of last season... we'd be in the CL, and the THudd love on here would be 'wankfestical' to seismic proportions (still think he'd be moved on mind!)

Saying that, I dont think Livermore will offer us anything really. Could as well be sold, especially if Caulker was deemed surplus to requirements.

Caulker got a full year premiership football and some european experience and was sold for nearly £10m

Would you rather sell Livermore now for peanuts or next year for potentially a lot more?

I honestly think if his last minute goalbound shot against Wigan had've gon in at the arse end of last season... we'd be in the CL, and the THudd love on here would be 'wankfestical' to seismic proportions (still think he'd be moved on mind!)

I do love Hudd, genuinely, I just dont think he is ever going to reach the heights his potential suggests, and that as this time he just isnt right for the team...

Yes, but we got £8m for Caulker because he has shown he can play at this level. If we tried to sell Livermore now, I doubt we would get much because he has not played enough to have proven himself. A season at Hull will give us one of three possibilities. He will either impress Hull enough for them to sign him permanently, he will impress so much that a team better than Hull want him (maybe even ourselves) and his value will increase quite a bit, or he wont impress and we sell him next Summer for around the same fee we would have got this Summer. All 3 options we dont really lose anything.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1387141/lewis-holtby-keen-to-impress-at-tottenham?cc=4716

Holtby feels that while he is a versatile player, his preferred position is sitting in front of the defence - somewhere he has rarely been deployed this season.

"I can play various positions," he said. "I believe, the number six is the position for my future. Between six and ten, I feel best in central midfield."

Based on?

Carroll's position in my view is the advanced central midfielder in the first 3 of a 4-3-3, i.e. where Dembele would play.

I haven't read all the previous posts on this, but I am a massive Tom Carroll fan!
I think with the assured 3 of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele behind him, now is the
time to give this boy his chance!

Play him in a 4-1-2-1-2. When all fit...........

Walker, Kaboul, Vert, Rose/BAE
Sandro
Paulinho, Dembele
Carroll
Soldado, Bale/Chaldi

The wing-backs play that role to the max. Paulinho/Dembele run on beyond him!

Carroll for me has the potential to be the Modric like link between Mf and Atk.
And you may pick me up on the wording, potential! By that I mean, we will see
it within 6-7 consecutive games. An as said, with the assured 3 behind him.
IMO, we can and should afford him this period! Nothing better than seeing
one of your own become an integral part of our success!

COYS!!

Yes, but we got £8m for Caulker because he has shown he can play at this level. If we tried to sell Livermore now, I doubt we would get much because he has not played enough to have proven himself. A season at Hull will give us one of three possibilities. He will either impress Hull enough for them to sign him permanently, he will impress so much that a team better than Hull want him (maybe even ourselves) and his value will increase quite a bit, or he wont impress and we sell him next Summer for around the same fee we would have got this Summer. All 3 options we dont really lose anything.

True, but Id rather just replace him with a player that is of use to us now..Im a fan. Levy can worry about chairman stuff

Ah the halcyon days of Huddlestone having rings run round him by the likes of Fabregas...
He's got a great shot on him though, just look at all those goals...
I think people remember a couple of good balls against City last season and think he's the answer.
Cheers Tom but we need an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom