Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Salomon Salomon ... Do you really think that was a serious post you just neg Rep'd?

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps3e0e5a33.gif

'Mazers

I know yt videos can make people look good, but this makes him look fucking ridiculously good. I mean, people who don't rate him, is it that he's too inconsistent, basically?

I think its that he is a goal scorer and thats essentially it. He doesnt have a reputation as a team player, and a glance at his stats shows a phenominal scoring rate but barely any assists. He seems to be a player that needs service, doesnt offer much if he isnt getting it...

Also very selfish. I recall watching Porto a couple of years back - free kick, 45 yards out, down near the touch line. The goof SHOOTS FFS, had no chance of scoring and it was a mile high and wide. 5 minutes later they get another free kick in almost the same position. Hulk learns his lesson right? Plays it into the box so the team can score right? WRONG - shoots again! Absolutely no where near again either.

On form he is unplayable, and he can certainly be a match winner - and I do believe in the premiership he would be a hit. I do have those concerns though about his lack of team play. Id have reservations at £30m for a 28(?) year old.

I would be happy to get him, he is a bonkers sort of player you cant help but love - but given the choice I would go with Lamela as at his age he offers better value and I do believe he will end up the more rounded and influential player.

I think its that he is a goal scorer and thats essentially it. He doesnt have a reputation as a team player, and a glance at his stats shows a phenominal scoring rate but barely any assists. He seems to be a player that needs service, doesnt offer much if he isnt getting it...

I also think he is a classic example of a player that needs to be managed by the coach very intensely. You see them all the time, players being great under one boss and then moving on and dropping form very sharply, but Hulk is one of the most extreme examples of it I think I've seen.

Christ knows what AVB was telling him at Porto. It can't have been a tactical thing since Hulk's instructions in every team have boiled down to 'Run very fast and twat the ball at the goal', but at Porto he was unstoppable. He seemed to play with a happiness under AVB. He relished making fullbacks look like amateurs, but since then he has been missing that spark.

I like him. If only because he is capable of making any goalkeeper, no matter how good he is, look like a complete idiot when he cunts the ball in from 40 yards and the fella doesn't get anywhere near stopping it.

From the Guardian...

Gigi Becali, currently running Steaua from prison: 1) Agreeing by phone to sell Vlad Chiriches to Spurs for £7.5m;2) Facing a prison inquiry over claims he used other inmates' phonecards without permission.
So Levy missed a chance here. Could have had Vlad for 10 phonecards and a few cartons of smokes :levywtf:

Don't know if it was posted yet..
A few bits from Jasper on SO
Just doing my best to share from the limited understanding that I have. I mentioned few weeks back about huge funds regardless of Bale sale or not, and also being told 'Bale is not for sale' as that is what was being said along with RM's initial failed attempts to confirm financial substance.

I pm'd a few last week saying we expected movement on Bale over weekend etc, as that was the news that was breaking. Before it was public may I add. Told we were very confident on Willian as well as Lamela, along with Vlad, as this had developed. My colleague was a part of certain things so I was confident the deal was happening so called Sky as bs and obviously was proved wrong based at the time that he was at training ground with that sneek cheat of an agent, so as some mentioned just waiting WP and sign off from Anzi, and again how mistaken everyone could be.

That now leaves Vlad which is done as I am told, along with Lamela which is very close but that causes worry, and that we cannot control as there are various things going on which cannot be made public.

We still have eyes Ajax way, along with Spain and France as back-ups. Coentrao or however his name is spelled, the noises are not that enthusiastic based upon who we are and where we are in position of success.

I am told we are relaxed and confident we will get our targets, and if our options fail we have back ups. Only time will tell. I am trying my best to share and not get slated. I am aware I said Daws was going to be out for a while and that was the noises out of the club, and well done Daws, as well as glad with Younes. It is my conviction and have always challenged this ITK nonsense and said I believe in NITK as only say DL and board will really know, but then again they were NITK as it seems Willian has gone to that crap up the road who have no morals, and only if one new how they operate.

That is my input for now, and as I say you can take it with a ton of salt or sarcastic chuckles as I have shared in total honesty my take, and conclude by saying 'Who really knows what will happen?'

my post stated (Ajax). Only thing is Toby not so sure now but the other Ericksen, but we are now talking to other options as well and believe you know the names.
Interest in Ljajic but not much hope, and Eriksen is ours to say no.

Re: Benny

In France awaiting medical results which is a challenge. Not sure he will past one so we will see. he does not want to extend and made it known so.

A 31 year old left back on the tail end of his career? That does seem rather #spursy now that I think about it.

*bonus for me - my wife adores him from his Palermo days

Could make sense as cover if we feel comfortable with Rose taking over the brunt of LB duties. What do you think of him as a player?

Could make sense as cover if we feel comfortable with Rose taking over the brunt of LB duties. What do you think of him as a player?
I've talked about Roma players in the past on here. I watch them a lot, they are probably my second favorite team. Balzaretti was not good for them last year. Had a good Euro tournament, but was not good at all after that. Rose is much better IMO. I'd say he is on the level of BAE.

On Willian’s decision to join Chelsea over Spurs, Villas-Boas said: “The answer that I want to tell you is Willian made a choice to join Chelsea and the only I can wish him is good luck because he is a person I have a good relationship and he has decided to join another club. Good luck to him ... he made a choice, that he feels is important for the development of his career, good luck to him.”

On Willian’s decision to join Chelsea over Spurs, Villas-Boas said: “The answer that I want to tell you is Willian made a choice to join Chelsea and the only I can wish him is good luck because he is a person I have a good relationship and he has decided to join another club. Good luck to him ... he made a choice, that he feels is important for the development of his career, good luck to him.”

More class than Willian or Mourinho put together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom