Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we have a look at Valbuena. 2nd most chances created in Europe last year besides Baines.

Does anyone know whether we were looking to buy Willian AND Lamela? Or whether it was one or the other? Because if we were looking to buy both, it'll be interesting to see whether we continue looking for someone else.

Does anyone know whether we were looking to buy Willian AND Lamela? Or whether it was one or the other? Because if we were looking to buy both, it'll be interesting to see whether we continue looking for someone else.

It seemed like we were going for both but when information comes almost solely from newspapers and ITKs it is nearly impossible to know.

Coentrao or however his name is spelled

ITK handbook, paragraph 17:
Feign ignorance about player, to make it more credible that you've only heard about him from sources within the club.
:avbnaa:
salt_pile.jpg

Some ITK
Grey Fox
Had a long chat last night, this is from both the footballing and business side of the club so shouldn't be conflicting stuff.

Bale: No deal as of last night, We have had discussions with Real, but Levy has set a price and indicated what type of schedule for payments would be required, its up to Madrid if thye can come up with it. Expectation from the club that Bale will be in training tomorrow. (My £50 hasn't left my pocket yet)

Willian: He really wanted us but the pressure between the the 2 Russians owners is immense, AVB had conversations with him to try and pursuade him to still come, to be honest there was still a tiny bit of hope he might turn Chelski down as papaers still have not been finalised, but highly unlikely.

Lamela: We are confident this will get done by midweek, but some nervousness around the club, because of Willian.

Chiriches; Should be done by Thursday.

Other signings: Possibly 2 more on top of La la and Vlad, 1 is a striker. we have shown interest in Rebic and 2 or 3 others.

Outgoings: There are only a few safe from the exit and there has been more than Cardiffs interest in Lennon and enquiries for Defoe from England and abroad for Ade. A number of loans are being worked on for the younger players.

I have been given names for the possible incoming apart from Rebic, but the club is royally pissed off so too sensitive tp ost in here, but they are quality

Valenciayid
lamela is looking good...

Ali Z

Utd have interest, he has no interest, not sure if any other clubs are keen, we are very unlikely to sell yo a UK club.

Thank fuck, watched him when Russia played Northern Ireland, he was totally outplayed by Championship level players and was hauled off at halftime.

"Kaboul is now asked about Gareth Bale: "Of course Gareth is a great class player and we need him in the team but we have some good players also.

"He is injured at the moment and we have some good players to replace him. Most important thing is to win football matches. Whoever is playing is the most important.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-conference-live-latest-2200262#ixzz2cc2Zctp3
Exactly! Why is it that after losing Willian to Chelski, and Bale being a dead cert to Spain, do I not feel frustrated, angry and my guts are not knotting! I know you already know the answer, but it is because I not only see the flair that we are always associated with at THFC but I now see a steel, a maturity throughout the squad! I see characters and character! I don't see to many sides capable of "out flaring" us! And I can't see any out bossing us!

The Maturity (Equals Winners) bit, was a quote from AVB. And for me, that we will see us get automatic CL qualification this season! Because, the players we have,throughout the squad will not buckle under that expectation!

COYS!!

I have been given names for the possible incoming apart from Rebic, but the club is royally pissed off so too sensitive tp ost in here, but they are quality

Ahh that old chestnut.

Why post under the name Grey Fox, if you are going to abide by the code of silence. Just post your real name if you are too scared to actually tell us something that isnt in the paper's.

can't say Hulk is a player who inspires a great deal of confidence. Too expensive and from what I have seen of him, which is enough to make a pretty decent judgement, he is far too self involved.

Lamela, who I've seen nothing off at all, seems to be a greater proposition from what I've heard, and younger.

As for left backs, Rose has looked comfortable but if we are honest, neither Swansea or Palace really put him to the sword; if he can look confident defensively whilst also providing an attacking element against the likes of City or Chelsea, both of whom provide far greater threats on that flank, then all the better but I wouldn't think our LB position is sorted just yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23841998

Tottenham have received offers from more than one club for Real Madrid target Gareth Bale.

According to senior sources at White Hart Lane, Real's £86m bid for the 24-year-old Welshman is not the only one being considered.

Spurs insist no final agreement has yet been reached with the Spanish giants.

However, Real Madrid still remain on the brink of sealing a world record transfer for Bale after days of negotiations.

The identity of the second bidder is not known, although Manchester United have been linked with the winger this summer.

In a further twist, it has emerged that Spurs have approached Chelsea with a view to buying a player - thought to be Juan Mata - to replace Bale.

Spurs were close to signing the Brazilian winger Willian last week before a late bid from Chelsea beat them to his signature.

Losing out to their London rivals has delayed Spurs finalising the departure of Bale, and Mata had been identified as a potential replacement.

Spurs are frustrated that Chelsea are refusing to sell a player who could now find himself behind Willian in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.

Interesting about Mata. Normally I would trust BBC with their transfer news, but this transfer window they have been pretty awful.
I would however, be very happy with Mata behind Soldado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom