Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing I will say on it though, it just shows that for all his managerial qualities (and he does have a bunch) his ego and constant circus peddling can render him a massive liability when you're seemingly happy to alienate the best midfielder in the league (imo) from your squad

Mourinho on Rooney
"We are trying to get a player that a manager told 'You will be a second option' for him. We are not going for Van Persie. They don't have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when Lampard is tired or injured, if someone comes here to get Ramires, nobody is upset."

So Mr Mourinho, how did Juan Mata do tonight?

Does he even count?

He counts yes (Dawkins), as he is an senior player at the club and must be registered in the squad.
The same question could be asked about Obika. If there is space in the Squad of 25 I think we'll register them anyway. There are still a few outgoings to come in addition to the two though.

He counts yes (Dawkins), as he is an senior player at the club and must be registered in the squad.
The same question could be asked about Obika. If there is space in the Squad of 25 I think we'll register them anyway. There are still a few outgoings to come in addition to the two though.
What I mean by this is that Dawkins is the definition of deadwood. It's amazing that we still have him on our books.

I tried to make a joke and no one got it.

What I mean by this is that Dawkins is the definition of deadwood. It's amazing that we still have him on our books.

I tried to make a joke and no one got it.

Hehe, fair enough mate :ossie:

However, he doesn't cost us much and we were doing him a favour to re-sign him after his long injry and that got him good loan moves. I hope we can sell him on for a little fee this weak and that he gets a good club. I doubt he would be satisfied to be playing only U21-football. He shouldn't be.

Why are we even talking about Mata? They stole Willian from us to stop us signing competition. Why in earth would they they give us such a player just days later? Utter nonsense dreamed up by ITKs desperate for attention. .

Totally agree. If the two clubs, ourselves and Chelsea, sat down and discussed the possible transfer of Mata, that would be the shock of the Century. Not going to happen, there is bad blood between them. Got it on good record that Levy hates it big time that chavs came in and stole Willian.

Can't see Levy ever doing business with that Russian mafia-run lot.

And I love it that we are in a position to tell Yanited to fuck off as well.

Levy, as i perceive him, is a business man more than anything. If he thinks he can screw over Chelsea by buying the best midfielder in the league and playing him against he will. He will, imo, put his personal biases aside to get a good deal and basically any deal under 40m is a good deal for Mata.

Levy, as i perceive him, is a business man more than anything. If he thinks he can screw over Chelsea by buying the best midfielder in the league and playing him against he will. He will, imo, put his personal biases aside to get a good deal and basically any deal under 40m is a good deal for Mata.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

U know what , at least with Paulie we've got a real talent.. Looks a right good 'un... He's going to win some hearts
Mate, I said when we got him he looks like a true Box - Box midfielder. Can impose himself and destroy play, has passing ability, is always looking for the late run into the box. I was actually a little surprised at just how good he is under pressure as well. With Capoue covering the back four I think he'll start chalking assists and goals soon.... Which means that Dembele may be the one to lose out if we do get a playmaker before the window closes.

Not saying I think I think mata will happen, but I think Levy would put aside biases to get a deal.

I don't think Levy would be the problem, more an issue of the Russian and his Chavy people not playing ball and with zero need or pressure to sell to us. Of course, if we bid 60m quid for Mata, they might say yes, but that would really be insane money (and yes, I think Madrid are a bit of an insane club - not in a nice way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom