Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I said when we got him he looks like a true Box - Box midfielder. Can impose himself and destroy play, has passing ability, is always looking for the late run into the box. I was actually a little surprised at just how good he is under pressure as well. With Capoue covering the back four I think he'll start chalking assists and goals soon.... Which means that Dembele may be the one to lose out if we do get a playmaker before the window closes.
Which in a way is good. For quite a while there were lingering concerns about Dembele's hip, and he never really got back to the flying heights that he set at the start of last season.

Get some good ol' fashioned rotation going, and let Dembele get some rest that he didn't get in the latter half of last season, and recuperate that hip.

Which in a way is good. For quite a while there were lingering concerns about Dembele's hip, and he never really got back to the flying heights that he set at the start of last season.

Get some good ol' fashioned rotation going, and let Dembele get some rest that he didn't get in the latter half of last season, and recuperate that hip.

Has got to happen. He's far too valuable a player to allow that hip to get to a point beyond rehabilitation.

I think it's really interesting how much we have improved in the last couple of years. Effectively, some of our strongest players a year or two ago are now seen as the weakest players. Not to say they are crap or anything, quite the opposite. But it shows that as we have improved in our weak areas with ever better players, our previously strong positions then become our weakest, resulting in those players getting replaced or left out. Dembele is a classic example of that, as we are starting to talk about him being the one to miss out in selection terms if you were picking your best starting 11. Same can be said about Lennon and others. These are good players. Really good players actually, it's just that we have been signing more very good players.
You need a squad like this if you want to win anything without being very flukey.

Has got to happen. He's far too valuable a player to allow that hip to get to a point beyond rehabilitation.
Paulinho and Capoue both allow us to help Dembele to get his hip right and Sandro to be eased back as well. Hopefully Holtby, Siggy or another creative ACM can make that third spot in the midfield three their own and we'll have competition for all three spots and the ability to play a "horses for courses" midfield where we can do anything from destroying teams to outpass/outplay them.

Mata would want Champions League.

Mourinho has said he's a fans favourite so they will keep him.

We've gone up a level in being enticing to join but as Willian showed there's still another level we need to get to and that clearly involves being in the Champions League

We've gone up a level in being enticing to join but as Willian showed there's still another level we need to get to and that clearly involves being in the Champions League
We are only a season out from being in the Champions League, meanwhile we can shove it up Mourinho's this year by crapping all over him and his fucking team.

So first day back from three weeks holidaying in France.

In that time we've managed to sign Soldado, Chadli and Capoue, lose out on Willian, about to sign Lamela and make a bid for Mata. What is happening? Plus Bale still a Spurs player, although signed for Real several days ago and was even out in Spain getting ready to be paraded. Yet has since been pictured back in England and rumoured reporting for training today.

Oh and three games in, three wins, seven goals scored and nil conceded!

If Mata was such a fan favourite, why is Jose not playing him? Clearly could have been a difference maker to that turgid borefest against Utd. Talk about park the bus.

We've gone up a level in being enticing to join but as Willian showed there's still another level we need to get to and that clearly involves being in the Champions League having endless wealth to spunk on frivolous transfers and obscene salaries
small typo by you there

So first day back from three weeks holidaying in France.

In that time we've managed to sign Soldado, Chadli and Capoue, lose out on Willian, about to sign Lamela and make a bid for Mata. What is happening? Plus Bale still a Spurs player, although signed for Real several days ago and was even out in Spain getting ready to be paraded. Yet has since been pictured back in England and rumoured reporting for training today.

Oh and three games in, three wins, seven goals scored and nil conceded!

If Mata was such a fan favourite, why is Jose not playing him? Clearly could have been a difference maker to that turgid borefest against Utd. Talk about park the bus.
Wow!!

You've just given the highlights of my last 3-4 weeks in a little over two small paragraphs ... except for the French holiday bit (blatant peasant post), the time I stubbed my toe last week and the alcohol part (which is a bit fuzzy).

Signing the players we have, I'd say playing in the Champions League isn't the biggest factor. Playing for an exciting team under a young dynamic manager, with a side going places is a big enough sell.

We seem to be signing proven CL quality class and not paying the silly amounts in wages to get them.
Mata was an AVB signing at Chelsea and surely that is a good thing that they have worked together?

Surely the playing in the CL isn't as massive for Mata, as he's already won it with those West London ****s. Doing it again at a different side that is clearly on the up would surely be a challenge. Although I doubt Chelsea will do business with us after the Modric stuff and then the signing of Willian from under our noses.

Wow!!

You've just given the highlights of my last 3-4 weeks in a little over two small paragraphs ... except for the French holiday bit (blatant peasant post), the time I stubbed my two last week and the alcohol part (which is a bit fuzzy).
You drink too much Joe???

Don't think the Chavs would sell but from Mata's POV:
Be one of 6/7 players fitghting to be in the 3 operating behind striker. Coach has already demonstrated you're not in his first 4 with a £30m addition to be added to the mix.

Or

Work with the coach who brought u to England and be the focal point of a competing team in a World Cup year (I hate the cliche but here I think it's apt).

Bear in mind who he has as competition for Spain: Fabregas, Iniesta, Isco, Silva, Carzola, Navas, Pedro etc etc competing for perhaps 4/5 squad spots.

But as I said, Chavs won't sell.

Don't think the Chavs would sell but from Mata's POV:
Be one of 6/7 players fitghting to be in the 3 operating behind striker. Coach has already demonstrated you're not in his first 4 with a £30m addition to be added to the mix.

Or

Work with the coach who brought u to England and be the focal point of a competing team in a World Cup year (I hate the cliche but here I think it's apt).

Bear in mind who he has as competition for Spain: Fabregas, Iniesta, Isco, Silva, Carzola, Navas, Pedro etc etc competing for perhaps 4/5 squad spots.

But as I said, Chavs won't sell.

I hate those classless chav ****s probably as much as I hate the Woolwich.

Levy and Baldini should offer Roman £35m for Mata and that surely would be enough for anyone to take notice. Roman after all is a cold hard calculated business man.

It's relative.

My wife, parents and wifies g/friends think I drink too much.

I don't think I drink enough :vdvhmm:
You know your limitations
th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom