Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like him but Milan have first dibs it seems.

The opposite actually. Milan is the last club on earth they will sell him to. It's very similar to us selling a better player to Woolwich after last season. That's just where he wants to go. Roma is certainly a possibility, especially with the Lamela cash. If we let him slip to Southampton I'd give up on football entirely. I hope we're actively pursuing another LW target, as we're getting quite loaded on the right side even with the presumption Bale's gone. If we let Townsend slip away in the near future, I'ma fight the next person I see wearing any Spurs gear.

A complicated idea. Roma and Tottenham are talking, the future of Lamela is still on the table. The parties are discussing the bonuses, Roma wants them to be easily attainable while Tottenham wants to make them more difficult. During the contacts between the two clubs, they also mentioned another subject. A possible swap of left wing backs. In England they are interested in Federico Balzaretti, Roma would receive Assou-Ekotto. At the moment it’s just an idea, it will be difficult for it to materialize. But the parties talked about it. In the meantime, Lamela waits for the ok to fly to London.

The opposite actually. Milan is the last club on earth they will sell him to. It's very similar to us selling a better player to Woolwich after last season. That's just where he wants to go. Roma is certainly a possibility, especially with the Lamela cash. If we let him slip to Southampton I'd give up on football entirely. I hope we're actively pursuing another LW target, as we're getting quite loaded on the right side even with the presumption Bale's gone. If we let Townsend slip away in the near future, I'ma fight the next person I see wearing any Spurs gear.

Fiorentina don't really have the same player retention ability vs Milan as we do vs Woolwich, and also player transfers to rivals don't really work quite the same way in Italy as they do here. Look at the clubs Cassano, Pirlo et al have played for over the course of their careers.

Fiorentina don't really have the same player retention ability vs Milan as we do vs Woolwich, and also player transfers to rivals don't really work quite the same way in Italy as they do here. Look at the clubs Cassano, Pirlo et al have played for over the course of their careers.

While those are all great points, I was simply pointing out that Milan pipped Fiorentina to the final CL spot in Serie A, so they're going to be particularly reluctant to sell to them.

You know how that dreaded A word comes out as Woolwich on this forum can we do the same with Mata? Something along the lines of 'unrealistic target'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom