Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the slightest. But the assumption that someone who doesn't have a Spurs Blog doesn't know shit tends to be a common thought amongst some.

I don't have a blog, I have a page with a list of player contract expiries so not sure what you're getting at to be honest. My point was Coulibaly seems to get mentioned a lot when Obika, Coulthirst and Kane have consistently outperformed him yet Kane and Obika especially get referred to as having no future with Spurs at best. I just wanted to know what he is basing his opinion on.

Thierry Henry.

The sight of him, and the collective mass suicide of woolwich followers,sitting on the bench in a Spurs jumper would be worth it.
"Yress, thousands ova goons-a have bergun leaping to-a therr deavs"
images

I don't have a blog, I have a page with a list of player contract expiries so not sure what you're getting at to be honest. My point was Coulibaly seems to get mentioned a lot when Obika, Coulthirst and Kane have consistently outperformed him yet Kane and Obika especially get referred to as having no future with Spurs at best. I just wanted to know what he is basing his opinion on.
The blog thing wasn't specifically aimed at you mate, just seemed like you didn't believe that he had any actual knowledge of the youth setup.

For all we know he could go to all the youth games, on the other hand, he might just love the name Coulibaly, haha.

Reports from Nigeria in recent hours suggest Tottenham will sign one of the countries most talented youngsters this weekend.

Musa Yahaya is due in London this weekend to sign a pre-contract with Spurs after a routine medical, according to allafrica.com.

They suggest, Yahaya “will arrive London, England on Saturday, February 15 to append his signature to a preliminary contract if he passes a routine medical. The 16 – year – old will be accompanied on the trip by his father, one of his agents, Mohammed Babawo and Auwal Yusuf, the coach of the nursery team which has been nurturing him since childhood.”

The report adds: “All members of the entourage have been issued visas to the United Kingdom. Because Yahaya is still a minor, he can not sign a professional contract .However, there is a four – year deal waiting for him to sign when he clocks 18.”

Spurs reportedly beat off competition from Ajax to sign the youngster who was one of the stars of the recent Under-17 World Cup.

Some have compared Yahaya to Neymar, whilst his team mates liken the attacking midfielder to fellow Barcelona star Andres Iniesta.

The youngster himself said during the Under-17 World Cup: “The guys started calling me Iniesta a few years back… Pretty soon everybody was calling me Iniesta… I like Iniesta as a player because he’s just so skillful and I pray I can be like him one day.”

Yahaya is predominantly a playmaker or left winger and looks to be a prudent signing by Tottenham Technical Director Franco Baldini.
Don't worry, we'll be calling him the Nigerian Jenas soon enough.

Me.

So I can say I played for Spurs, score sexy women and become a full time pundit.
Funny you should say that...
Here’s a transfer gamble like no other, though a pretty-risk free one it must be said.

Portsmouth, currently squatting 20th place in League 2, have signed fan Rob Phillips, as part of a promotional competition with sponspors Papa Johns, the pizza makers.

Phillips, who’s never played pro football in his life, gets a contract until the end of the season, going straight into the first team squad, training with the first team, and will be included on the club website and in matchday programs.

Pompey are under no obligation to play him, though, so Phillips may have a lot of benchwarming to look forward to.

The portly Pompey fan said of his dream contract:

‘It’s amazing to have signed for the club that I have supported since I was a boy.’

‘The lads have treated me well and it’s an honour that I’m now an official member of the squad. I chose squad number 44 as it was my 44th birthday on Saturday.’’

img-photo-portsmouth-signe-un-fan-de-44-ans-1392382362_x610_articles-180586.jpg

Funny you should say that...
Here’s a transfer gamble like no other, though a pretty-risk free one it must be said.

Portsmouth, currently squatting 20th place in League 2, have signed fan Rob Phillips, as part of a promotional competition with sponspors Papa Johns, the pizza makers.

Phillips, who’s never played pro football in his life, gets a contract until the end of the season, going straight into the first team squad, training with the first team, and will be included on the club website and in matchday programs.

Pompey are under no obligation to play him, though, so Phillips may have a lot of benchwarming to look forward to.

The portly Pompey fan said of his dream contract:

‘It’s amazing to have signed for the club that I have supported since I was a boy.’

‘The lads have treated me well and it’s an honour that I’m now an official member of the squad. I chose squad number 44 as it was my 44th birthday on Saturday.’’

img-photo-portsmouth-signe-un-fan-de-44-ans-1392382362_x610_articles-180586.jpg

But yeah let's get a sugar daddy in so we can look forward to stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom