Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So bored of everyone cunting Sammy off for no reason now. He is talking sense. We have made grave errors this window, and have regressed horrendously even just in the period from January last season.

Cheers, but dont even bother, Ive changed my views now and am with them.

Lamela = Messi and this window has been immense.

Again. Have we strengthened with the Bale money? Did we strengthen?
Are we stronger for selling Bale and replacing him with 7 players?

Everyone knows the mistake we made with the Bale money was spending it on 7 players who had no premier league experience. Eriksen would of been a good signing for anyone, and has years to reach his full potential. Chadli we saw first hand what he could do, and has now probably justified his price tag.

Chricihes was bought off scouting and clearly couldn't cut it. Paulinho looked incredible for Brazil and nearly all clubs were jealous of us signing hm, turned out to be lazy. Soldado and Lamela both looked incredible at their respected clubs, Soldado with an amazing scoring record and Lamela with skill, end product and potential, both couldn't/struggle to cut it in the Premiership. Capoue, not sure what anyone saw there.

We should of bought players with Premier League experience, but football is all about gambles. Di Maria, Falcao and Shevchenko all came with big names but also gambles.

£30m could be seen as a rip off for Berahino, even I've said it. But if he goes on to score 20 and we finish top 4 then it'll be worth it. He has age on his side and certainly the potential, just hope Poch can unlock it.

He was good, not incredible. He got big money moves to Monaco and then the United loan off the game against Chelsea.

People who looked at the stats noticed he actually was pretty average from open play. He got to take a lot of penalties, and that inflated the overall total.

People who do the recruiting at clubs take out the penalties when they evaluate strikers and other players. It's not considered to be a skill that matters. Monaco and United didn't. Then got burned when he didn't perform to his price tag, before or after his injury.
He was fucked by his injury - the guy was quality

Every single player is a gamble. I agree that a proven pl player might be less of a gamble but he still is a gamble! You don't know if he can play our style, system or will work in our team. 30 million for berahino is hilarious despite him being a proven pl player!

http://www.mundodeportivo.com
La vuelta de Illarramendi a la Real, más cerca que nunca
Actualizado a 25/08/2015 19:57
Asier Ilarramendi está más cerca de volver a ser jugador de la Real Sociedad . . .

translated: According to what yesterday MD, the player looks favorably to return to the team they love, but their environment is not so clear. The midfielder has asked a few days to carefully examine the proposals it has on the table, especially one of Juventus, who has returned to the stage for the manpower shortage in midfield, and over Tottenham, the English team is the most interest has been put into it, next to the Royal.

And at the end of the day we dont have a new striker anyway, so why wouldnt I swap no striker for Deepay, Shcniederlin, Schweinstieger and Darmian?

The fact you wouldnt just shows how big of a total knob you are.
Never said I wouldn't, just don't believe you would because you'd still have to find a reason to moan about something.

Name calling really shows your running out of valid arguments.

...not to mention how much it hurts my feelings.

:pochsulk:

We strengthened before with the Bale money before he was sold. Don't try and twist it to suit your argument. No one was disappointed with the signings at the time.

You literally twist every comment don't you.
Don't let Sammy fool you, he was in favor of selling Bale at the time, and he loved the Lamela transfer as it was happening. He even believed at the time that our squad was stronger after losing Bale.

How do I know? WelI, because I just looked:
To be fair, I think we will land this one. Really hope so too.
Im not too worried about him being a step down..I honestly think that Bale will have second season syndrome, try way too hard, and get the fuck kicked out of him in La Liga.

Lamela will just come in and tear shit up.

Thats the dream anyway
And I fucking despise Modric and have zero time for Bale either
We were shit last year too.
We lost Bale, yet ended up with a stronger squad. Not gonna go through this gelling bollox again.

The fact is, the team is not progressing as a unit, and AVB has run out of ideas
I'll stop picking on Sammy though and just state the obvious. We were all wrong. Morale was fucking sky high after we sold Bale and reinvested all of that money. Lamela, Soldado and Paulinho were going to fix our tepid play after the rest of the team had forgotten all tactics apart from "give it to Bale", his goals were going to be replaced and spread around the squad for more consistent play. We were going to have Brazil's starting midfield duo! With Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli our problems with creativity were in the past. We had finally signed a 20-goal striker in Soldado, and Capoue's first few games were fucking amazing, if you recall. Levy gave everyone exactly what they were asking for, and it fucking backfired enormously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom