Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham Hotspur are keen on the signing of St Etienne star midfielder Jeremy Clement, this week as Mauricio Pochettino looks for ways to challenge for the top four, according to Le 10 Sport.

Clement, 30, is perhaps outside the age-range in which many Spurs fans will have imagined the club are plumbing for targets. For the most part, the Londoners have been targeting young players in need of developing.
Spurs’ first bid for Southampton’s Wanyama has been rejected, will cost £20m, says journo
However, with Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb the first-choice central midfield pair at White Hart Lane, Pochettino could do with some experience in the middle.

Mauricio Pochettino needs to improve his side’s defence – they have conceded four goals in three games.
The 30-year-old has appeared all three times in Ligue 1 this season for St Etienne and appeared in 29 games last season. He posted superb defensive statistics for the French side with 76 successful tackles to his name – more than any other player at Spurs.

He also made 70 clearances and 44 interceptions at St Etienne last term while completing 87% of his passes in the top flight. He’s certainly a good defensive screen for his defence and Spurs could do with that having conceded 53 goals in the Premier League last season and have already shipped four goals in three this campaign.

:pocheyes:

Apparently, Heung-Min Son is a done deal.

Wonderful. Daniel has been desperate for another East Asian star ever since the mercurial Lee Young Pyo was snatched away from us prematurely.

Plus those South Korean double barrelled names don't half have a lot of letters in them.

:levyeyes:

Last edited:
Don't buy a player, loads of moaners...buy a player, loads of moaners....fuck this shit...

As I've been banging on about for the last two years, it's about buying the right kind of player. It's not the league they come from, it's the nature of their game. Son's natural game involves hitting from deep, using pace and ability running with the ball to create chances for himself. If we played counter attacking football I'd be cumming in my pants at the idea of signing him as he's probably one of the best attackers in the world for that style of game.

We don't play that style of game. We have no idea if he's suited to Poch's high press what so ever so why spend big on him? It's potentially Soldado all over again - nearly all his goals were from breaks and crosses of the type we don't supply.

As I've been banging on about for the last two years, it's about buying the right kind of player. It's not the league they come from, it's the nature of their game. Son's natural game involves hitting from deep, using pace and ability running with the ball to create chances for himself. If we played counter attacking football I'd be cumming in my pants at the idea of signing him as he's probably one of the best attackers in the world for that style of game.

We don't play that style of game. We have no idea if he's suited to Poch's high press what so ever so why spend big on him? It's potentially Soldado all over again - nearly all his goals were from breaks and crosses of the type we don't supply.
Why would Poch sign a player that's not going to be right for his team?

The best thing about Son is you watch him numerous times and it's impossible to tell which is his dominant foot. It's incredible. He's the anti-Lamela.

oh well, a great attacking player coming in. for 30M... with Levy paying

2vccdwk.jpg

Trust in the black box...

btw i think he would be the alternative to Berainho and not Lamela replacement. He'sa better forward/striker then he is a winger so i really hope that isn't what we are buying him for.

Berahino can play in multiple positions and with both Bobby and Ade (well out if the team) gone we need two strikers, Clinton from what I understand is more wide player so perhaps not suited to covering Kane.

Berahino can defiantly cover Kane but can also push Chadli, Eriksen etc for their place, I don't know too much about this guy to be fair but but if he is as quick as his YouTube suggests and we do get Berahino (which now might be off) we are going to go from a slow team to a team with 3 speedsters. I have always found Spurs teams with real pace the most exciting, it would be nice to have it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom