Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on tbf.

Pato at 11 is far, FAR more valuable than Bera at 25.

Yep and I reckon it's €11m vs £25m so a huge difference. Let's face it, £8m ish does not come with a weight of expectation like £15-25m and, we all know it's a punt that could be brilliant or might end up not paying off. However, much worse punts can be made in that bracket of fee, we've made a few and several for far more!

He only needs to have an odd mercurial moment here and there and play Europa and cup games to be worth it to us for resting Harry. Anything more than that and we'd be laughing .

Yep and I reckon it's €11m vs £25m so a huge difference. Let's face it, £8m ish does not come with a weight of expectation like £15-25m and, we all know it's a punt that could be brilliant or might end up not paying off. However, much worse punts can be made in that bracket of fee, we've made a few and several for far more!

He only needs to have an odd mercurial moment here and there and play Europa and cup games to be worth it to us for resting Harry. Anything more than that and we'd be laughing .
Simmo, for once me old son, we are on the same page.

Spot on.

G2xPbXRdiVTIbLHlZd1U2bnEBCTifpi0E68xZHgiyBbBMTBeR7LggbAw-HJKA0fBbA809MiEjyeNZ2R2UZ2pk7KTO8dNN8kbRHPubtlfX3AEQ3VPmm4

you sure?
Ya, sure.

Don't understand the negativity towards Pato. Low fee, proven champions league record and guaranteed commercial success. If he turns out crap or permanently crocked then its an £8m loss and nothing more. On the other hand..

Simmo, for once me old son, we are on the same page.

Spot on.
I could see that it might work and that at that price there is less being risked but I do wonder why his club president and fans want him out so badly and why, so near to the end of the transfer window he is has not found a club in Europe nor one in his home country?

But if he were a success here it would be a steal.

I was initially against the idea of Pato but if Berahino is really out of reach I'd take a punt - as long as we bring a CDM in. (I don't think we will fwiw)

If he does come in we go from no options in attack to seemingly endless

Kane/Pato
Chadli/Son/Pritchard Eriksen/Dembele N'Jie/Lamela/Townsend​

With Perisic to Inter looking like a done deal, I don't think they'll come in for Lamela and Townsend has been talked up by Poch so I don't think he'll go.

Can see Pritchard getting a Prem loan tbh.

Get Wanyama though and we're in fucking business.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, N'Jie, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Chadli, Pritchard, Pato][/formation]

#actualdepthnotjustabigsquad

I'd kinda like us to try out Pato just for the fun of it.

He's cheap as hell compared to many others prospects, young but very experienced and he's a really big name. Could be a coup (prob not), but no matter what he's not Balotelli- miserable or pricy.

I'd kinda like us to try out Pato just for the fun of it.

He's cheap as hell compared to many others prospects, young but very experienced and he's a really big name. Could be a coup (prob not), but no matter what he's not Balotelli- miserable or pricy.
haha, i feel exactly the same. After all, he is still a well known name. I have a weird feeling however that Levy doesn't throw around his money "just for the fun of it" :levystare:

I could see that it might work and that at that price there is less being risked but I do wonder why his club president and fans want him out so badly and why, so near to the end of the transfer window he is has not found a club in Europe nor one in his home country?

That's a fair enough shout, but, could you not use that logic for any transfer ever? Why do they want to sell? Why are they happy to move on?

Case in point...we are chuffed to be rid of Soldado, Villareal are chuffed to have him?

You see my logic?

Being good/bad at one club is not a prerequisite to be good/bad at another.

Corinthians paid a huge fee for him by Brazilian standards, as I recall. Probably it was as much a punt (also by third part owners, I would think from what you hear from South American football) to sell him back to Europe later for more, as it was a footballing decision. With him having been loaned out for a while, it's probably now or never if they want to cash in.

As for why he hasn't found a club, it is indeed a red flag. It could be trouble with - potential - third party owners. Also he seems to be doing well on loan at Sao Paolo, so if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't be in a hurry to move just because the Corinthians president wants to sell. Especially when moving back to Europe a second tour, I'd be damn sure to pick the right club, if I did move. Which bodes well, if he comes our way, I guess.

Go out of the country for a couple of days and we get a blinding Euro group and we sign a striker (sort of)

Might go offline until Tuesday now and see if the next few days can also bring us some good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom