Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm for a punt on Pato we have nothing to lose but as others have said he is scoring for fun in Brazil why do they want rid of him so bad?

Had a look around, and apart from what I wrote in a previous post, it seems, the loan deal contains a clause that Corinthians can sell him this summer even though the loan deal is until december. Given that Corinthians are paying 50% of his wages while he's out on loan, combined with the chances of Pato getting back in the good graces with Corinthians fans are slim, I'd say there's plenty of reason for them to want to sell now.

Pulis has a fucking point.

Why are we dreaming of player this far after season's commencement?...

Do we all agree the transfer window should be from the final whistle of the F.A. Cup final and the start of the first game of the Prem?

Know what I mean?

Christ mate, that's 2-3 times in a day we're on the same page.

I'd also add into the mix that I reckon over the past ten years Spurs must hold some kind of record for the different number of players we've had miss penalties in competitive matches (including and excluding shoot-outs probably).

Pulis has a fucking point.

Why are we dreaming of player this far after season's commencement?...

Do we all agree the transfer window should be from the final whistle of the F.A. Cup final and the start of the first game of the Prem?

In principle yes. But the world doesn't adjust to "first game of the Prem time". The window would shut two weeks later in Spain, and any English club that has a player, where Real or Barca come sniffing around late, would be even more fucked regarding finding a replacement than WBA claim to be now.

In principle yes. But the world doesn't adjust to "first game of the Prem time". The window would shut two weeks later in Spain, and any English club that has a player, where Real or Barca come sniffing around late, would be even more fucked regarding finding a replacement than WBA claim to be now.

Everyone would adjust accordingly. It should be whichever European league starts first is
When the window shuts. I think it would honestly help all clubs:

Nice article re: Pato improved play by playing wide and not central.

"The switch in position seems to be a first step on the path. If he continues to thrive on the left, a career that looked to be in a tailspin not so long ago should still have plenty to offer. He is still just 25, after all."

The Danish league starts mid July, and I think the other Scandinavian countries don't have a summer break at all. Sooooo never? Or do only "big countries" count?
Big countries obviously I mean the transfer pecking order starts from the top so I don't think its out of order that the window is based around the richest league in the worlds schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom