Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a professional athlete with very little body fat, given his height and slight frame I doubt he'd be very effective as a lone striker.
I'm not sure if Njie will play there eventually but he's no skinnier than Gomis. You don't need to be holding off players with your back to goal just because you're the only striker, you can just he a pest and keep defenders looking over their shoulders like an Inzaghi, or barely move and let play flow around you like an Henry then burst into action, all that said he's coming in as a left winger from what I've seen of him.

Yes he's in good shape but the picture proves my point his frame is just not of a CF

Neither is Suarez. Aguero, who is built up, is still very small.

It isn't hard to hit the gym and bulk up. Look at Kane two years ago and compare to now. Guy got massive very quickly.

I'm not saying Njie is going to be an amazing striker, but he's hardly the feather weight you make him out to be either. His game relies on pace anyway and movement, not muscle or height...

Why? What's the point of a loan for us? Just takes wages off the books, and I don't think he'd be on soldado level wages. I'd appreciate him gone as well, but don't see the point of a loan. At the very least he can play europa/cup games and some of the levels of vindictiveness towards him recently has been pretty ridiculous lately.
If he's not going to be part of the team/squad, there's no point him being here. My comment wasn't vindictive? He's a professional footballer - not a puppy dog.

Hilarious if de Gea deal hasn't gone through, missed out on nearly 30m quid and splashing out all that money on Martial.

Contender for a club who's transfers are the biggest shambles of the window.

I'm not too bothered about the transfer window anymore to be honest. I got Son, which was a dream transfer I wouldn't think would ever happen.
V0Xe2qC.png

You don't need to be 6ft and built like a brick house to be a good striker. Suarez was tiny and slight, people said he couldn't be a striker or lead the line alone yet he did, and he did it well. Lets stop living in the 80's, eh?

Njie is very, very quick and agile. If we're playing with fast wingers all you need is for them to play the ball across the floor.

Suarez isn't slight. He's also one of the top strikers in the world with technical skills and football intelligence that far surpass N'jie's. Don't think it's a fair comparison.

IF, and I stress IF, this is true, will this leave us with a moody and upset player?

The only thing worse than the current Lamela is a moody one.

Not unless the Pochettino rumours are true. Showing faith in Lamela and blocking a deal because he sees a future with him at the club.

It's rumoured that the Navas deal and the De Gea deal were two separate deals, and paperwork was signed off on the Navas deal by both clubs whilst United didn't put the paperwork through on the De Gea deal. This could mean Navas and Dea Gea are united players which would be funny as hell:adelol:

With De Gea staying I can just see him regaining his spot, playing outstanding and then signing a new contract with Man United, which would be a shame... however would mean one less potential suitor for Lloris in the future.

It's rumoured that the Navas deal and the De Gea deal were two separate deals, and paperwork was signed off on the Navas deal by both clubs whilst United didn't put the paperwork through on the De Gea deal. This could mean Navas and Dea Gea are united players which would be funny as hell:adelol:
Valdes deal also broke down as well. Leaves Man Utd with Valdes, de Gea, Navas and Romero as goalkeepers.

:harryhmm:

With De Gea staying I can just see him regaining his spot, playing outstanding and then signing a new contract with Man United, which would be a shame... however would mean one less potential suitor for Lloris in the future.
He doesn't want to play for Man Utd. They won't spend £15,000,000 on Navas only for him to sit on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom