Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have a new transfer window thread. That's just WACKY.

1004.gif

Interesting points by @honigstein about Wolfsburg facing FFP issues over Schurrle, and other German clubs wanting to avoid an arms race.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/02/bayern-munich-wolfsburg-defeat-bundesliga

Could be a depressed summer transfer market as well.
With the Eurozone also on the verge of collapsing again, I think Spanish, Portuguese and Italian clubs especially are where there will be a ready supply of cheap players. Certainly makes the next couple of years in transfers a complicated minefield.

With the Eurozone also on the verge of collapsing again, I think Spanish, Portuguese and Italian clubs especially are where there will be a ready supply of cheap players. Certainly makes the next couple of years in transfers a complicated minefield.
There's likely to be a lot of youth players available. The Barcelona case is a clear example. It's one year transfer ban, but if you scratch deeper, they also have a ban on all the youth talent they brought in illegitimately being able to play until they're 18. So an entire generation at La Masia in which only the local kids can play. If you're a kid who joined on the promise of being part of the Barcelona machine, that means the key years in your development will be absent any playing time unless you leave the club.

A lot of clubs are bidding on those kids right now, and it'll happen everywhere else that did the same things (which means quite a few across Europe).

If we don't get anyone of Schar/Ings/Konoplyanka/Reid/Khedira/Gourcuff/Pato/Rabiot/Huntelaar on a free, we must have the worst fucking scouts in the world. Easily almost everyone (maybe not Pato due to his injury record) on that list will add some value to the team.

If we don't get anyone of Schar/Ings/Konoplyanka/Reid/Khedira/Gourcuff/Pato/Rabiot/Huntelaar on a free, we must have the worst fucking scouts in the world. Easily almost everyone (maybe not Pato due to his injury record) on that list will add some value to the team.
Doesn't mean they'd be the right kind of signing for what the manager wants. I'd rather trust a manager in who HE wants and signs then someone based on name value.

Doesn't mean they'd be the right kind of signing for what the manager wants. I'd rather trust a manager in who HE wants and signs then someone based on name value.
Agree, manager has final say, but looks like Poch is the kind of manager who can get the best out of players he has and there's a lot of potential in players like Ings, Konoplyanka, Rabiot and Reid to strengthen us enormously. Basically with zero transfer fee outlay, we are getting a good backup striker who is home grown and English, a very pacy left winger who can potentially challenge Chadli for the starting spot and Reid to give us a good central defence backup in place of Kaboul. And others I can't state anything, but these players, I have watched a lot and can definitely say they will massively improve the team.

Pato and Gourcuff? I hope you're kidding. Pato is shit and hasn't even done well in Brazil. Gourcuff isn't the player he used to be and I believe has been replaced by Fekir who has been brilliant. Huntelaar is getting up there in age, Khedira will probably go to a top club or back to Germany, I would put money on PSG not letting Rabiot go, Ings and Reid will be a fight and who knows about the other players. Its not as simple as we'd like to believe it is.

I'd really like Ings at the club, works hard for the team, proven in the league, can score goals and a nice guy.

I'd love schar on a free, he's a star. I imagine he will go to a top club though. I think Reid would be more realistic for us and as stated, would be better back up than Kaboul. Schar would definitely be my priority. Who knows though? Maybe Poch will bring Veljkovic into the fold next year and save us money altogether?

I'd really like Ings at the club, works hard for the team, proven in the league, can score goals and a nice guy.

I'd love schar on a free, he's a star. I imagine he will go to a top club though. I think Reid would be more realistic for us and as stated, would be better back up than Kaboul. Schar would definitely be my priority. Who knows though? Maybe Poch will bring Veljkovic into the fold next year and save us money altogether?
Reid is apparently earning 60k/week, which sounds awfully expensive to me, for what he is.

Ings would be nice in summer, but we'll be one of several teams bidding, so we'll just have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom