Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't aware of his injuries I was merely more interested in his ability and how he would overall improve our squad on attacking front and his value is quite affordable, at around £20M.

He's started 27 games for City in the past 2 seasons. It's like throwing a paper mache man into the ocean and seeing how long he'll survive, his body just can't cope with English football. Another example of a player doing well in Italy then not settling into England, shame as his goal scoring rate isn't bad.

City bought him for £22 mil, when he was 23 and had potential. He's been constantly injured and not done much in England. Considering this, £20 mil is massively over-paying for what you're getting. I wouldn't buy him even for £10 mil, he just wouldn't fit the system or England.

Does Bony ring the bell? How about Jovetic right under Woolwich nose?

There's only a limited number of top quality players, which multiple clubs are going to go after. Liverpool fans always accuse us of stealing their targets; do we? Probably not, we just both have the same price range and status.

Saying that, I think Chelsea definitely stock pile and steal targets, Willian being the prime example.

There's only a limited number of top quality players, which multiple clubs are going to go after. Liverpool fans always accuse us of stealing their targets; do we? Probably not, we just both have the same price range and status.

Saying that, I think Chelsea definitely stock pile and steal targets, Willian being the prime example.
That's what Vitesse Arnheim and all their loans are for.

Buy young talent. Develop through loaning out until ready (also a revenue source). Bring biggest prospects into the team. Sell/loan the rest for profit.

He's started 27 games for City in the past 2 seasons. It's like throwing a paper mache man into the ocean and seeing how long he'll survive, his body just can't cope with English football. Another example of a player doing well in Italy then not settling into England, shame as his goal scoring rate isn't bad.

City bought him for £22 mil, when he was 23 and had potential. He's been constantly injured and not done much in England. Considering this, £20 mil is massively over-paying for what you're getting. I wouldn't buy him even for £10 mil, he just wouldn't fit the system or England.
Watched him few times since he joined City and in most cases, he looked a player that would make it in PL if he get a good run of games and unconditional faith from the manager.

I feel Pellegrini hasn't given him enough chance to prove his worth and it wouldn't be fair to conclude that PL doesn't suit him.

Dunno. I'm not part of the club so have no info on if he fits Pochettino's system. The injury history worries me, but a medical would sort it out.
I was referring to the fact that City just like Chelsea do also have the obsession of stockpiling players that were maybe destined to sign for Liverpool/Woolwich/Utd or even us.

I was referring to the fact that City just like Chelsea do also have the obsession of stockpiling players that were maybe destined to sign for Liverpool/Woolwich/Utd or even us.
I disagree, Bony wasn't stockpiling. He's cover for Aguero because Dzeko/Jovetic aren't good enough.

And I disagree Bony would come to Spurs. He would not tolerate being a back up, and he wouldn't replace Kane. He also would want a serious step-up in wages over Swansea to go with the Champion's League football. We offered neither.

Jovetic has been dropped from the CL squad for knockout round. Looks like he doesn't have a future at Etihad.

He would definitely improve us with his versatility, raw talent and always put in a shift when asked to, plus he's only 24 !:avbpray:
City, United or the Chavs are never going to sell us anything decent if it is going to improve us! They would rather move their unwanted players overseas or loan them out to clubs who wont threaten them. City sold us that dud Ade and we did not see that coming. They are constantly manipulating/abusing the transfer markets process and should be deducted points not fined where it does not impact on them.!

It's probably not going to happen, but they need to tighten the loan-out restrictions. Chelsea having some 30 players out on loan is taking the mick.

For a start, given the amount of cash sloshing around the premier league, I see no valid reason why any premier league club should be allowed to loan players. Ban loans to premier league clubs, and any loans out for players over 23.

For a start, given the amount of cash sloshing around the premier league, I see no valid reason why any premier league club should be allowed to loan players. Ban loans to premier league clubs, and any loans out for players over 23.

I honestly don't think it needs to change much. If a player would rather join the chavs or shitty to be a back up or loanee for the money rather than come to Tottenham and compete for a starting spot it tells you something about their mentality.

Bit harsh. Where are the likes of Carroll suppose to go, to gain football experience? The Championship, where there is a huge gulf in quality between that and the premier league?

The loan system is always a tricky problem, because it does have some positive uses but is also abused. FFP should more or less solve Chelsea stock-piling though.

Can't believe people even read #ITK shit, never mind actually post it.

No #ITK predicted Ali in good time. Every single #ITK was basically wrong.
Dele Alli was called by ITK on Jan 4th, long before any newspaper. That's the awkward truth. The world is not black and white. ITK is sometimes complete bollocks and sometimes spot on. Most of the time it's somewhere inbetween. Anyone who thinks transfers are conducted in complete secrecy are being a tad naive.

Dele Alli was called by ITK on Jan 4th, long before any newspaper. That's the awkward truth. The world is not black and white. ITK is sometimes complete bollocks and sometimes spot on. Most of the time it's somewhere inbetween. Anyone who thinks transfers are conducted in complete secrecy are being a tad naive.

Where was this #itk? If you can find it for me from a really early date I'll amend my statement to '99.9% of #itk is shit', which should appease all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom