Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of different papers reporting Berahino getting into shit and West Brom apparently want to sell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...for-sale-by-furious-West-Bromwich-Albion.html
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...05/saido-berahinos-west-brom-future-in-doubt/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-target-saido-berahino-5113576

What do people think? Do you want him, or..? He has 14 goals this season. Kane has 20.
No. Avoid. The lad is troubled & needs to sort himself out. He has ability no doubt, but we don't need any more ambulance cases in our midst.

Why is he 'troubled'? Because he had a drink driving case and didn't celebrate a goal?

What evidence have you got?
You really do enjoy having a row with anyone about anything don't you? The fact he is drinking & driving as a professional footballer is an immediate issue is it not? Firstly it says he is getting drunk when he should be looking after himself & doing his job- as a non drinker, I would have thought you would have latched onto that straight away. It also says he has a reckless & unprofessional streak, does it not? Secondly, he is paid to play for the fans that fill the ground of the club he plays for. By snubbing them, that suggests a poor attitude towards the people who make his career possible. What more evidence do you need? Don't bother answering. You just love an argument. Let's just leave it at that.

You really do enjoy having a row with anyone about anything don't you?

I asked if you fancied him. You said no, he was troubled. I wanted to know why he was troubled. I don't see anything particularly provocative about that?

The fact he is drinking & driving as a professional footballer is an immediate issue is it not?

He's a young footballer, and footballers tend to be thick and get into trouble. It happens, I wouldn't say one incident defines who he is as a person, surely? I'm also not sure how he 'snubs fans'?

I love debate. This is a forum, a place for debate. It's about sharing and contrasting views. It doesn't make me a 'troll' or mean I'm looking for an argument, I'm just using a forum how it's meant to be used.

Having watched a fair number of AFCON games recently - it simply helped to confirm in my mind how underrated Ayew truly is. Very much within our grasp with plenty of potential - should be on our list come July.

I asked if you fancied him. You said no, he was troubled. I wanted to know why he was troubled. I don't see anything particularly provocative about that?

He's a young footballer, and footballers tend to be thick and get into trouble. It happens, I wouldn't say one incident defines who he is as a person, surely? I'm also not sure how he 'snubs fans'?

I love debate. This is a forum, a place for debate. It's about sharing and contrasting views. It doesn't make me a 'troll' or mean I'm looking for an argument, I'm just using a forum how it's meant to be used.
I don't mind you. What I do notice is that you pop up on every thread trying to goad different people into an argument. It is a fact. There is a point where genuine debate turns into another "oh it's Jayc1 again with another turgid argument just for the sake of it". I'm not going to go full on Arcspace on you (gooner troll is about the biggest insult going) but please either debate properly instead of arguing for the hell of it, or fuck off

Can someone please post the itk saying alli on january 2 or 4?
First off, I have no skin in the game and no interest in getting into a worthless ITK debate.

I searched the entire forum, and it appears that DanSpur11 DanSpur11 had the first mention of him on January 5th. If that was based on an ITK comment, I'm not sure, but that looks to be first here and was never claimed to be based on an ITK comment.

Also apparently that Dele Alli kid from Milton Keynes is ripping up league one at 18, blitzed United from what I saw, scored 2 hat tricks already from the DLP position, him at the right price could be decent but I reckon he would rather go to the bin dippers to fufill his dream of being 'the new Steven Gerrard' and if we got him this window MK would probably require a loan but he won't have to move because he will probably play at stadium:mk again for us in a few years if he does sign.

Right around the 2nd to the 4th, Rabiot was the big rumor, not Alli.

Last edited:
Because he disagrees with them...interesting..
Not at all. People don't dislike others just because they disagree with an opinion. People dislike others if they pick fights randomly over every available thread on a forum. Some people enjoy debate & sharing opinions. Some people just enjoy being cunty. I know you are good internet chums & are often tag teaming in discussions, but don't let that blind your judgment. He has picked an argument on here with everyone this evening, has previously been sin binned for that very reason & then resorts to "I've got more positive ratings than you so nerr nerr". Who cares? I'm not sure it's even true but I can't be arsed checking. If that's the sort of person you are happy to endorse, then fair play & good luck to you as well

Not at all. People don't dislike others just because they disagree with an opinion. People dislike others if they pick fights randomly over every available thread on a forum. Some people enjoy debate & sharing opinions. Some people just enjoy being cunty. I know you are good internet chums & are often tag teaming in discussions, but don't let that blind your judgment. He has picked an argument on here with everyone this evening, has previously been sin binned for that very reason & then resorts to "I've got more positive ratings than you so nerr nerr". Who cares? I'm not sure it's even true but I can't be arsed checking. If that's the sort of person you are happy to endorse, then fair play & good luck to you as well

Your post implied that was the reason people don't like him and secondly I feel Jayc1 Jayc1 brings up some very valid points a lot of the time. I don't agree with all of them but I can at least respect someone for expressing an unpopular opinion on a forum.

n17troops n17troops is a much worst poster. All he does post pictures in reply to comments and mouth off when someone is mean to Joe Clash Joe Clash . Essentially just fishing for ratings.

Now, I don't care too much for this drama and feel Jayc1 should learn when not to reply sometimes but at least he tries to talk football in some threads.

I'd like Berahino, loving the English group we're creating. Was a bit annoyed seeing no Spurs player go to Brazil last summer, usually we send a couple.

Your post implied that was the reason people don't like him and secondly I feel Jayc1 Jayc1 brings up some very valid points a lot of the time. I don't agree with all of them but I can at least respect someone for expressing an unpopular opinion on a forum.

n17troops n17troops is a much worst poster. All he does post pictures in reply to comments and mouth off when someone is mean to Joe Clash Joe Clash . Essentially just fishing for ratings.

Now, I don't care too much for this drama and feel Jayc1 should learn when not to reply sometimes but at least he tries to talk football in some threads.
I also respect people's opinions on this forum, but to pick an argument with random posters across an entire forum screams out that this person just fancies a row for the hell of it on any subject. Now, moving on if I may. He had a go at Arcspace for disliking his posts & put him on ignore. He then promptly disliked every post I had put on this evening (whether to do with any conversation I'd had with him or not) & put me on ignore too! That is hypocrisy, no? I don't care if Jayc1 (or Gibbs as he was formerly known on here) wants to ignore me. I also don't care if he fancies himself in the popularity stakes. But the number of times he stirs up a nest & then runs off to start another argument on another thread becomes tiresome.

I'd like Berahino, loving the English group we're creating. Was a bit annoyed seeing no Spurs player go to Brazil last summer, usually we send a couple.

I don't think anyone can doubt his ability, 14 goals in 25 apps for a 21 year old is great.

Only issue people seem to have with him is if he can fit into the system and his mentality, which I think he's got a bit unfairly. The only evidence I can find is the drunk driving case which, fair enough, is bad but it's not horrific.

None of us know what happens behind the scenes. Been rumours of Pulis not wanting him for weeks and when asked if Berahino was as good as Kane, Pulis replied that, "I think Saido has a long way to go. I don’t think he is in that bracket yet, he has a long way to go". To me, that statement is pretty damning and doesn't sound like a good relationship. It's not even encouraging about the future.

I think he's going this summer and they seem pretty desperate to get rid. Just a question of if we want him or not. For anything below £13mil, I'd get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom