Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly appears to have pissed off Pulis. Turning up late for matches, the drink driving matter, poor attitude. He's the same age as Harry Kane. Whilst we can't expect to simply find another top draw lad like Harry, I'd be very worried about letting someone like Berahino loose on a big contract in a place like london, with all its "distractions". One to swerve. Would have Benteke any day for the kind of money WBA are after.

I agree about Berahino, but I don't think Benteke would work as I don't think he'd be eager to move to us as a "back-up" choice. He'd be an automatic start for most other clubs, and if he wants that status, it would be very hard to get it here.

We have a whole lot of players in central midfield, and moreso our best youth players all seem to prefer playing in some sort of that area.

Poch surely has a lot of decisions to make there.

Personally think we should be planning to build an attack around Kane. Berahino wouldn't be that player, whilst we need a back up to Kane we certainly don't want anyone that is going to push him out of position (as Poch keeps trying with Soldado/Ade). We have been craving somebody that can score us goals without relying on worldies from outside the box and after god knows how long we've finally got it.

I want to see a tenacious animal on the right hand side to start forcing his way into the final third and give Kane proper service from the right as well as what Eriksen and Chadli are currently providing.

. He was provoking arguments all night with various people. Then he starts hitting the disagree button on every post before crying that Arcspace has "neg repped" .

Fuck it, if I'm going to have people posting upwards of 20 posts about me over various different threads in a single night, I may as well bite. I argued with 3 people.

Beale wanted Chadli played, I said I don't think he'll be fit, he called me a 'fucking idiot'. End of that, a great TFC debate, as always.

I asked why you thought Saido has a bad mentality, if you had any evidence. You didn't have anything other than the drink driving case and then got angry, starting calling me a cunt on other threads.

Arce negged 20-30 of my posts in a row and then started stating I'm a troll and abusing me, after I had said nothing to him. Am I suppose to sit there and take that, do nothing? I log on every day to have 30 notifications, all of which are disagrees or abuse, from the same people. It gets tiresome.

Don't worry, at this rate I'll be closing my account down soon. The amount of abuse you get on here is ridiculous, far too many idiots with the attitude of 'my dick's bigger than yours', who take a single disagree as a personal vendetta. I'm starting to understand why CJJ left, twice. The amount of great posters or people who can actually debate can be counted on one hand, Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi among them. The majority either talk shit, posts pictures or just spam 'cunt' to anyone who disagrees.

There will always be a 'Gibbs', because a few select people on this forum will always want a witch hunt. Gibbs isn't so much a name as it is a role. After I leave you will no doubt call some other poor chap Gibbs or a multi and abuse him off a forum too.

Personally think we should be planning to build an attack around Kane. Berahino wouldn't be that player, whilst we need a back up to Kane we certainly don't want anyone that is going to push him out of position (as Poch keeps trying with Soldado/Ade). We have been craving somebody that can score us goals without relying on worldies from outside the box and after god knows how long we've finally got it.

I want to see a tenacious animal on the right hand side to start forcing his way into the final third and give Kane proper service from the right as well as what Eriksen and Chadli are currently providing.
Lamela is becoming that player, it's just taking more time than ideal. His last few games he's been creating a lot of chances that his teammates haven't been finishing, and he's tracking back defensively as well.

I don't think he will ever be a Ronaldo-esque world beater, but I do think he'll be a Champion's League-quality two-way player by the end of this year, if he keeps listening to Pochettino.

Lamela is becoming that player, it's just taking more time than ideal. His last few games he's been creating a lot of chances that his teammates haven't been finishing, and he's tracking back defensively as well.

I don't think he will ever be a Ronaldo-esque world beater, but I do think he'll be a Champion's League-quality two-way player by the end of this year, if he keeps listening to Pochettino.
Hope so, I don't see it at the moment. I actually think he does better drifting about, don't really fancy him on the right.
:vdvdive: before anyone else goes there.

Fuck it, if I'm going to have people posting upwards of 20 posts about me over various different threads in a single night, I may as well bite. I argued with 3 people.

Beale wanted Chadli played, I said I don't think he'll be fit, he called me a 'fucking idiot'. End of that, a great TFC debate, as always.

I asked why you thought Saido has a bad mentality, if you had any evidence. You didn't have anything other than the drink driving case and then got angry, starting calling me a cunt on other threads.

Arce negged 20-30 of my posts in a row and then started stating I'm a troll and abusing me, after I had said nothing to him. Am I suppose to sit there and take that, do nothing? I log on every day to have 30 notifications, all of which are disagrees or abuse, from the same people. It gets tiresome.

Don't worry, at this rate I'll be closing my account down soon. The amount of abuse you get on here is ridiculous, far too many idiots with the attitude of 'my dick's bigger than yours', who take a single disagree as a personal vendetta. I'm starting to understand why CJJ left, twice. The amount of great posters or people who can actually debate can be counted on one hand, Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi among them. The majority either talk shit, posts pictures or just spam 'cunt' to anyone who disagrees.

There will always be a 'Gibbs', because a few select people on this forum will always want a witch hunt. Gibbs isn't so much a name as it is a role. After I leave you will no doubt call some other poor chap Gibbs or a multi and abuse him off a forum too.

:avbfu:

Ha, you're defo Gibbs. Not that that is a bad thing, I got on with him in the main. But yea, you're defo him.

Don't take so much shit to heart mate, it's the internet. Even when you're right you're wrong.

When looking at the roles Poch uses I’d expect the squad to look a bit like this..

GK: Lloris & Vorm
RB: Walker & Yedlin
LB: Rose & Davies
CB: JV, Fazio, Dier & xx
Deep CM: Mason, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Velkjovic
Adv CM: Eriksen, Dembele, Pritchard
Wingers: Lamela, Chadli, Townsend, xx
ST: Kane, xx & Soldado

That would mean shifting off Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Paulinho & Adebayor hopefully all sold. Soldado I can’t see us selling mainly because nobody will want to touch him with a 10 ft pole! We surely wouldn’t get an offer of above £10m for him and from what we’ve seen he looks like he wouldn’t be “trouble” and with such a young squad could be kept. Can see Onomah & Winks getting loan moves before being first team Spurs players. Assuming nobody that we’d all want pushes for a move or we get a crazy offer for I think we only need to sign 3 players. If money was a bit tight the striker we’d sign as back-up to Kane could be one that can also operate out wide.

Targets:
CB: Reid, Veltman, Schaar, Hoedt (young guy at AZ Alkmar),
W: Nabil Fekir (young winger from Lyon who is killing it), Demarai Gray
ST: Lacazette, Ings & one from left field Diabate (decent scoring rate in Ligue 1 last few seasons)

Can’t see us being able to compete for Depay with LVG at United. Think there’ll be some left field signings from Mitchell and after how Paulinho & co. have turned out I’d rather them come in a bit lesser known!

When looking at the roles Poch uses I’d expect the squad to look a bit like this..

GK: Lloris & Vorm
RB: Walker & Yedlin
LB: Rose & Davies
CB: JV, Fazio, Dier & xx
Deep CM: Mason, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Velkjovic
Adv CM: Eriksen, Dembele, Pritchard
Wingers: Lamela, Chadli, Townsend, xx
ST: Kane, xx & Soldado

That would mean shifting off Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Paulinho & Adebayor hopefully all sold. Soldado I can’t see us selling mainly because nobody will want to touch him with a 10 ft pole! We surely wouldn’t get an offer of above £10m for him and from what we’ve seen he looks like he wouldn’t be “trouble” and with such a young squad could be kept. Can see Onomah & Winks getting loan moves before being first team Spurs players. Assuming nobody that we’d all want pushes for a move or we get a crazy offer for I think we only need to sign 3 players. If money was a bit tight the striker we’d sign as back-up to Kane could be one that can also operate out wide.

Targets:
CB: Reid, Veltman, Schaar, Hoedt (young guy at AZ Alkmar),
W: Nabil Fekir (young winger from Lyon who is killing it), Demarai Gray
ST: Lacazette, Ings & one from left field Diabate (decent scoring rate in Ligue 1 last few seasons)

Can’t see us being able to compete for Depay with LVG at United. Think there’ll be some left field signings from Mitchell and after how Paulinho & co. have turned out I’d rather them come in a bit lesser known!
I'd say realistically we could get Reid, Ayew & Ings for free, wouldn't mind that aslong as Poch wants them!

I think I must have OCD. I don't want to visit this thread because it's Jan but that fucking blue dot just sits there winking at me, begging me to click on it. When I do I regret it every time.

I fear I'm next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom