Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also respect people's opinions on this forum, but to pick an argument with random posters across an entire forum screams out that this person just fancies a row for the hell of it on any subject. Now, moving on if I may. He had a go at Arcspace for disliking his posts & put him on ignore. He then promptly disliked every post I had put on this evening (whether to do with any conversation I'd had with him or not) & put me on ignore too! That is hypocrisy, no? I don't care if Jayc1 (or Gibbs as he was formerly known on here) wants to ignore me. I also don't care if he fancies himself in the popularity stakes. But the number of times he stirs up a nest & then runs off to start another argument on another thread becomes tiresome.

And Arc is completely free of any blame? lol. Jayc1 didn't start this shit. When Joe finished with Gibbs he moved onto Jayc1 and his lap dogs followed.

but at least he tries to talk football in some threads.
Just like Gibbs - his previous username
And Arc is completely free of any blame? lol. Jayc1 didn't start this shit. When Joe finished with Gibbs he moved onto Jayc1 and his lap dogs followed.
It's all the same twats and their multis - the fight is hard but we will persevere. He's Gibbs131 - the same old cunt and he's been found out

Last edited:

It's all the same twats and their multis - the fight is hard but we will persevere. He's Gibbs131 - the same cunt and he's been found out.
Gibbs wasn't a cunt you spa. You lot were ridiculous during his the last weeks of his time here. Any post he made was swiftly followed by disagrees and abuse.

Jovetic has been omitted from City's CL squad in order for Bony to be registered

We should have tried a loan deal there - absolute waste of a career

Gibbs wasn't a cunt you spa. You lot were ridiculous during his the last weeks of his time here. Any post he made was swiftly followed by disagrees and abuse.

Apart from some claims in the "Kraftwerk/Beatles" thread, this is the single most mind-numbing thing I've read here for ages.

Gibbs wasn't a cunt? What? WHAT!?

He littered every fucking thread with some bogaloo semantics wrapped in fifty layers of lunatic writings.

He started "this shit" with me though, because he likes to provoke an argument. He was provoking arguments all night with various people. Then he starts hitting the disagree button on every post before crying that Arcspace has "neg repped" all his, spits out his dummy & puts people on ignore. Even then, he can't resist a final, childlike parting shot about having more positive ratings than someone else. Which is incidentally not strictly correct either. I don't mind the guy, unlike a lot of other people on here, but when he behaves like a twat, he shouldn't be surprised when he is treated like a twat.

He started "this shit" with me though, because he likes to provoke an argument. He was provoking arguments all night with various people. Then he starts hitting the disagree button on every post before crying that Arcspace has "neg repped" all his, spits out his dummy & puts people on ignore. Even then, he can't resist a final, childlike parting shot about having more positive ratings than someone else. Which is incidentally not strictly correct either. I don't mind the guy, unlike a lot of other people on here, but when he behaves like a twat, he shouldn't be surprised when he is treated like a twat.

You are whining on and on and on and on about the same fucking thing in every fucking thread.

Im not sure what happened...its like you suddenly decided to put yourself about a bit and try and become a TFC "face". You used to post sensible stuff, reminded me a little bit of Eperons.

Now you are just just a pitiful, piss poor version of me, effin n blindin your way through every post.

The only difference is though, you are pretending to be the model pro, when in fact you are just another boring loud mouth cunt "destroying threads"....

You are whining on and on and on and on about the same fucking thing in every fucking thread.

Im not sure what happened...its like you suddenly decided to put yourself about a bit and try and become a TFC "face". You used to post sensible stuff, reminded me a little bit of Eperons.

Now you are just just a pitiful, piss poor version of me, effin n blindin your way through every post.

The only difference is though, you are pretending to be the model pro, when in fact you are just another boring loud mouth cunt "destroying threads"....
Rich coming from you. I gave you a funny, because you are a funny guy.

I'd like Berahino, loving the English group we're creating. Was a bit annoyed seeing no Spurs player go to Brazil last summer, usually we send a couple.

To be fair, both Walker and Townsend would have been in that squad had they not been injured.

He's started 27 games for City in the past 2 seasons. It's like throwing a paper mache man into the ocean and seeing how long he'll survive, his body just can't cope with English football. Another example of a player doing well in Italy then not settling into England, shame as his goal scoring rate isn't bad.

City bought him for £22 mil, when he was 23 and had potential. He's been constantly injured and not done much in England. Considering this, £20 mil is massively over-paying for what you're getting. I wouldn't buy him even for £10 mil, he just wouldn't fit the system or England.
Have you seen him play for City? When given the chance he has been great

It's all the same twats and their multis - the fight is hard but we will persevere. He's Gibbs131 - the same old cunt and he's been found out
Oh shut up with all those fucked up multi allegations

Are we actually sure Berahino is really all that good? Yeah, the 14 goals sounds nice ... but he scored 4 of them against Gateshead(!) and another 3 from the penalty spot. His record from open play isn't nearly as impressive as the grand total makes it seem.

I mean, he's 21 and he's got 6 goals from open play in the PL. There's something there, but it's not nailed on that he's the next super star or anything.

Are we actually sure Berahino is really all that good? Yeah, the 14 goals sounds nice ... but he scored 4 of them against Gateshead(!) and another 3 from the penalty spot. His record from open play isn't nearly as impressive as the grand total makes it seem.

I mean, he's 21 and he's got 6 goals from open play in the PL. There's something there, but it's not nailed on that he's the next super star or anything.
He certainly appears to have pissed off Pulis. Turning up late for matches, the drink driving matter, poor attitude. He's the same age as Harry Kane. Whilst we can't expect to simply find another top draw lad like Harry, I'd be very worried about letting someone like Berahino loose on a big contract in a place like london, with all its "distractions". One to swerve. Would have Benteke any day for the kind of money WBA are after.

I think that we have a few needs this summer, but we also have a lot of good potential that could fill some of those needs.

We will need to clear out the deadwood before we can bring in needed players, but I don't know how many we will really bring.

We will have Pritchard and Veljkovic returning from loan, and Alli perhaps ready to step up, so with Bentaleb, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele, Oduwa, Onomah, Winks, Capoue and Paulinho all in theory able to play in central midfield, I don't know how we sort things out.

I think we could use Onomah and Pritchard as second choices out wide, but for the rest, it's confusing. If Alli, Winks, Veljkovic and Oduwa are all ready to start, and can play to the level Spurs need, I think Capoue Paulinho and maybe even Stambouli can be sold. Dembele seems like his role for us will be more forward than most of these guys. That would still leave us with 6 CMs to keep happy, and if we were to make a move for Schneiderlin (I think we will) that would make for an even more crowded situation than now.

With Kaboul and Chiriches out, we'd have space for someone in defence as the 4th guy, which sounds like Reid, but is Ball going to be ready and good enough?

The biggest issue appears to be finding two back up strikers for Kane. If we can ship out both Adebayor and Soldado, that gives us room for someone like Ings and others.

I like that we will have a lot of Academy options, and would love it if we could build entirely with them, but it still strikes me as a big mess in preseason to sort out, as there's a lot of players fighting for the same spots, rather than things being clear-cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom