Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he signed a new deal in Jan. - It's been claimed Fabian Delph, the Villa captain, can leave for as little as £10M. Not quite the DM/destroyer Spurs are looking for, but would look good next to Bentalib.
And sure that Tim would like to deal for one of the Spurs youngsters - like Carroll

Even though he signed a new deal in Jan. - It's been claimed Fabian Delph, the Villa captain, can leave for as little as £10M. Not quite the DM/destroyer Spurs are looking for, but would look good next to Bentalib.
And sure that Tim would like to deal for one of the Spurs youngsters - like Carroll

Levy loves a low release clause. Of course, if City wants him..

The latest news on Imbula is that ...

Porto offered 22 million euros,
Inter offered 19 million euros, and
Tottenham?

... offered 13 million euros. :levylol:
Well he only cost them £6m only 2 yrs ago. He's 22 yrs old and isn't a full international yet. I suggest £12m is about right for the market value.
Anyway Capoue had impressive defensive stats in France, on par with Imbula and we know how that turned out.
Fernando ( shaktar) would probably cost about £15m and he's a full international.

Fuck me the prices being bandied about are really horrendous. Two seasons in ligue 1,the first used as sub for half of it, not capped at full international level and he's worth paying what £25m for?
Yes, he may turn out to be worth every penny, but equally he could struggle in the EPL, on smaller pitches, faster and much more demanding with no room or space.

He would be ideal in a situation where Poch would be setting up a plan B utilizing trippier's cross to maximize the benefit of benteke's aerial strengths. If pressing doesn't work in a game (like the match we lost to man utd), he can put in dembele or some other midfielder who can hold the ball and pass it to trippier or dier who can ideally cross it to benteke a million times. although this is a theory. his price is too much for a back-up player. but i think poch is starting realize he needs more than just one tactic after a few devastating losses near the end of last season.

I'm struggling to remember any games of all the "Poch matches" I've watched with Espanyol, Soton and us, where he's gone plan B in the form of lump/cross it, so you're basing the theory on what? Poch is from the Bielsa school of thinking. Call it naive if you like, but they both do stick by their principles no matter what.

We want solutions, not problems.

Who would you suggest that will play alongside or play a lot less than Kane and will significantly improve the squad?

Is it @Greavesbestever_357 job to find him?
Fact is we need a striker if Ade OR Soldado are leaving. Club's job to make sure we have 3 options and at least 2 need to be as decent as poss. This is not us being weird, over-expectant or punching above our weight, it's a minimum squad requirement.

Under Lambert he was occasionally as you describe but that was the system. Since Timothy took over he was a different player and was the top goal scorer since his arrival..
He puts the fear of god into defenders and is a handful. Yes he is good in the air but there is so much more to his game when he is given the chance.
He'll definitely leave Villa and if we don't get him, you see how well he will do at a better club than villa.

I do acknowledge that he's a hugely (physically) talented player, and that's he's good enough to be a star a big club IF he's smart enough to go somewhere where they'll play to his strengths. I just happen to not want us to play that way. More importantly Poch is never going to play that way.

Also top scorer in half a dozen matches under Tim (I recall everyone's favourite striker at Spurs doing the same in Tim's first matches here too btw) and being a handful and scary means fuck all, while you ignore one points: Work ethic. If you don't work hard enough, Poch isn't interested (which I love!) so it's a non-starter anyway.

As far there being more to his game, we'll just have to agree to disagree cause I haven't the slightest where in the world, you're seeing that. I will say this though...if you're as much a physical football monster (as I - again - do agree on) and have more to your game than that, there'd be 25+ goals a season and a lot of assists too. Not the numbers Benteke's showing.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered that we ain't signed no one yet. But what I do find worrying is that we now seem to be looking in the same market place as Southampton, Stoke, and West Ham...Unimaginable just a few years ago. How far have we fallen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom