Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is he worth that much? How good is he?

Only seen him a handful of times. Mostly in the Champions League. Looked pretty good. Part of the Belgian generation. Has ridiculously good control and very skilful. Pretty much a Spurs type player with him being an entertainer.

Here is a video of his type of style if you've never seen him.

I think £16,000,000 would be worth it, considering the era of football we are in where the likes of £50,000,000 get you a David Luiz.

That double pirouette like 30 seconds in... The things I'd do to see a spurs player do that to koscielny then mertesacker then put it in the bottom corner to beat the scum in the last min.

The only problem with "breaking the bank" for a player is that it's only a hop, skip and a jump to "he's rubbish because for £xxx he should be the best thing ever."

Spurs fans have previous with unrealistic expectations.

The only problem with "breaking the bank" for a player is that it's only a hop, skip and a jump to "he's rubbish because for £xxx he should be the best thing ever."

£16,000,000 in the past has got us Bentley, Bent, Dembele and Modric - I don't think the bar is set too high. Carrasco has a higher ceiling then at least three of those. Him and Chadli on the left, Pritchard coming back into the team too to force pressure on Eriksen and it leaves us just needed someone to test Lamela, a striker and a central midfielder.

I dont think anyone would have complained if soldado put in 7~10 goals last season.
Even just that would have had us in champions league.

£16,000,000 in the past has got us Bentley, Bent, Dembele and Modric - I don't think the bar is set too high. Carrasco has a higher ceiling then at least three of those. Him and Chadli on the left, Pritchard coming back into the team too to force pressure on Eriksen and it leaves us just needed someone to test Lamela, a striker and a central midfielder.
I didn't mean Carrasco. It was more of a general comment on our signings.

£16m for him, given inflation isn't a terrible price. Modric would be around £30m now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom