Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of getting lynched, there's not a lot of players out there who actually will improve our front four. They're all at clubs already in the Champion's League and on large salaries.

I think he'd be a useful player in terms of being able to play left, right or centre in a front 3 or partnering Kane in a front 2.

Would love to see us sign a few players that are actually better than our first 11 though.

Yeah I agree, especially with the improving the first 11. I don't see much point in getting more depth. We have so many players that do the same kind of things but it does not give us an edge - it just makes us average. Let the player they displace become back up and supplement them with academy players.

I like Chadli's hunger - I want us to sign a better player for that position but I would feel very confident he could come into the side and do an excellent job in cup comps or if someone else is injured.

Whilst improving our first eleven is all well and good. I think the likes of Trippier and Wimmer are good signings because they improve our squad. I'd rather rely on Trippier to come in and do a solid job then wasting money on someone who's better then Walker and for Walker to be a bench player etc.

I imagine if we sign a central midfielder, he will improve us greatly and we will see Mason drop to the bench, probably when Capoue and Paulinho are both off our boosk. It'll be hard to find a better replacement than the likes of Eriksen, Kane, Rose, Lloris etc. and we have pretty good back up for most of our other players.

Go on. Tell me who you'd realistically want to sign, who is BETTER than Walker in a position that isn't the most important on our team to fill?
no tried but no we are out .
gif_600x338_7e9ad6.gif

No offence bro .
Husky-Sitting-On-The-Fence-About-His-Adventure-For-The-Day.jpg

Not a surprise though, is it? How could you not be on the fence about players you've barely seen in action? I've seen this Kono fella two times against Spurs, in the EL-final and maybe once for Ukraine.

I simply don't know much about him. The same goes for numerous of the players we've been linked with this window, yet people are dead certain on many of those players. It's ridiculous.

Not a surprise though, is it? How could you not be on the fence about players you've barely seen in action? I've seen this Kono fella two times against Spurs, in the EL-final and maybe once for Ukraine.

I simply don't know much about him. The same goes for numerous of the players we've been linked with this window, yet people are dead certain on many of those players. It's ridiculous.
mila2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom