Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
if true, we'll probably wait until his contract is officially up to announce it. I don't think it's true though, personally.

Plays left, cuts in on his right, and has an end-product by the looks of it. Entirely the opposite of Andros Townsend. :)

He was the stand-out player in that side when we played them, so I'm really surprised not many other clubs have been linked with him. I can only assume the multi-ownership is an absolute clusterfuck to sort through.

My type of player, this: puts the ball on the ground and runs at defences. He looks exclusively right-footed though.

This is one of those things where I will wait to see a picture of him at the grounds, signing the contract while Poche sits across the table from him. On the Spurs website. Nothing less will convince me.

No offence bro .
Husky-Sitting-On-The-Fence-About-His-Adventure-For-The-Day.jpg
Fuck me , ive been papped again

Plays left, cuts in on his right, and has an end-product by the looks of it. Entirely the opposite of Andros Townsend. :)

He was the stand-out player in that side when we played them, so I'm really surprised not many other clubs have been linked with him. I can only assume the multi-ownership is an absolute clusterfuck to sort through.

My type of player, this: puts the ball on the ground and runs at defences. He looks exclusively right-footed though.
Just putting a shot on goal makes him the opposite of Townsend.

What! He's 22, had 2 seasons in ligue 1, the first he was used as sub for half of it, so one full season really as regular. He's never played a full international and been capped 11 times at both under 20&21 level.
He cost £5m 2 years ago and now he's suddenly worth 4 times that much on one season?
Chelsea offered €1m for him 2 years ago!

Just because he's in demand doesn't mean you have to pay more than the current market rate, which would be around £10-12m.
A few years back we bough Capoue was, who was just as good on paper and capped at full international level and more times at u18,u19 & u21's than Imbula.

I also remember people saying £18m for Paulinho and everyone saying what a great bit of business that was.
I just don't understand, Should we bid £25m euro for him or even £20m pound to make sure we get him.
Why does everyone believe he will be fantastic in the EPL and what do they base that on?
Maybe he will be a hit in the EPL, maybe he is worth £20m ( €28m) but haven't we been here before paying through the nose for the next big thing?
It's a massive gamble. Not even as much as Chambers as he was seen in EPL.

I reckon he will go to Italy. He will have more time and space on the ball and, from what I have seen, a slower pace of football will suit his style.
I could be wrong. I, like many others who happen to be creaming their pants over him, have no fucking clue.

£15 million isn't what it used to be. I get your points and they are valid. The issue though is that in the modern realm of football, if a player had the experience and intl caps you speak of the cost will be £25 million and we won't pay it.
I am concerned about DM more than any other place on our squad and I think we need to do whatever is necessary to make a serious upgrade. We can't use the failures of the bale money every time we go to spend. We need faith in scouting and new mgt. If Imbula or another £15 million player is even as the answer then make it happen. I just hate seeing interest and then lowball offers that result in U.S. Getting backups for half the price.

16M is fine for Carrasco. We could probably get him for 14M or so. 21 and experienced. Would have a nice competition with Chadli too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom