Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking the prospect of that Suarez. I haven't seen/noticed him in Atletico matches, but he sounds very average and as stated earlier, we may as well see what Stambo can do with a full year under his belt instead of this option.

Like Rabiot's scores tho on that info graphic.
That's because he's barely been playing, he's a very average player. We can(and have to) do a lot better.

According to Lyall, both Capoue and Stambouli going to Watford.

Capoue clearly isn't in Poch's plans, but I honestly thought Stambouli would have a bigger role to play this season...

Here's hoping we've got a good defensive midfielder coming in... :avbpray:

According to Lyall, both Capoue and Stambouli going to Watford.

Capoue clearly isn't in Poch's plans, but I honestly thought Stambouli would have a bigger role to play this season...

Here's hoping we've got a good defensive midfielder coming in... :avbpray:
Both of them going has to suggest something is on the cards for anew DM....doesn't it?? o_O

Just imagine we go into the season with no DM and no half decent back up for Kane.

Yeah that's really what I am afraid of, that and seeing Hugo line up for Man Utd. I do think Levy and co have learnt some lessons over the years and will make and effort to buy and buy sensibly. It is refreshing to see Levy take a hit on players who don't work out and move them on quickly rather than use them as balance sheet ballast. I really don't expect any breath taking signings but defo and mobile and mean DCM and a proven prem CF .

So we have basically gotten rid of 4 players who were no way near the first team in the central midfield spot for 26 million pounds.

Now I hope we have learnt from our mistakes and try to get one established star for 20-25 million in the market rather than two or three 8 million unproven players. Please do not use this to reignite the argument of higher price doesn't necessarily mean better. It is not always the case but it is not the rule.

Nothing wrong with signing youngsters, but the initial focus of the transfer window should always be to improve the first team. Players who are capable of walking into the starting 11 because they are better than our current first team starters. After we get a guy like Schneiderlin (just an example, I know he is joining United) who has proved himself at the top level for several years, then we focus on a youngster who we can train and improve to become a first team player in 3-4 years.

And I hope we also sell Dembele and get a more mobile and quick passing defensive midfielder. Dembele is terrific, he is probably one of the best in the world at what he does, but what he does is a complete mismatch to what is needed in the Spurs' system under Poch. A guy like Dembele would be a superstar in the tiki-taka Barcelona team, but he is bad fit for us and we have to take away the sentimentality factor and get rid of him to get someone like Sven Bender who is so much better suited for the quick transition play that Poch is looking for.

Despite our net spend mentality I think if we get rid of 5 CMs who are not close to the first team and sign 2 who are better than Bentaleb and Mason, we are going to automatically improve a lot. Guys like Fazio and Vertonghen don't go bad all of a sudden. With a better midfield ahead of them, the defense will automatically improve!

Factoring amortization, both Paulinho and Capoue were likely sold for profit.
Exactly. Paulinho was bought for €19.73m and sold for €14m. Assuming he signed a four-year contract with Spurs, he cost Spurs ~5€m a year, meaning we had ~€10m left on the transfer, so we made about €4m. The only way we lost money on Paulinho is if his contract were more than six years, which I doubt was the case.

According to Transfermarkt, Capoue signed a four-year deal with us, too, which means we have €5.5m left on his transfer. Any sale above that price is profit.

image.png

£20

The forum will have sufficient funds to purchase Kaboul soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom