Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Najar on trial or trained with us or something, a few years ago?
I think our scouts have been following him for a while.

Other than that, I'm not sure how that guy is playing nowadays. Any opinions?
From what I've seen/heard he's a pacey, creative, skillful player that can play on either wing. That's all I know about him. And that, for what it's worth, he scored against woolwich in the champions league

Last edited:
I'll say this and probably get ripped, but saying anyways. Spurs could use a player like . . .
Clint Dempsey
There are very talented players on the team - that cannot buy a goal ie. Lamela & Dembele. Dempsey is not as talented. But certain players have a knack for being in the right place and scoring garbage goals. Tonight he got 2 from Honduras. Dempsey is in the J-Rod model of a Fwd/Striker. Would be a great backup to Kane. Again, I am not saying go sign Dempsey. But there must be a player like him who is available.

I'll say this and probably get ripped, but saying anyways. Spurs could use a player like . . .
Clint Dempsey
There are very talented players on the team - that cannot buy a goal ie. Lamela & Dembele. Dempsey is not as talented. But certain players have a knack for being in the right place and scoring garbage goals. Tonight he got 2 from Honduras. Dempsey is in the J-Rod model of a Fwd/Striker. Would be a great backup to Kane. Again, I am not saying go sign Dempsey. But there must be a player like him who is available.

:avbshit:

Clint Dempsey

I'd sign Demosey again. At the vert least my account picture would be relevant again.

Gollum_Render.png

Can he play DM?

At a rate of between 30-40 pages a day we're likely to reach the coveted 1000-page milestone around 29 July 2015. Expect a big announcement accordingly.

Lamela is going to be a beast this season mark my words!
i was told that last summer.when people say it, it comes across as hope rather than belief. shame he cost so much or else people wouldnt be so desperate for him to do well.
but i hope your right & he is a star next season.

Sporting Lisbon have signed Costa Rica forward Bryan Ruiz from Fulham on a three-year contract that includes a £43m buyout clause.

43m hmmm we already made nearly half of that in sales.
i reckon its worth a gamble.
good to see a team put a fair release clause in.

i was told that last summer.when people say it, it comes across as hope rather than belief. shame he cost so much or else people wouldnt be so desperate for him to do well.
but i hope your right & he is a star next season.
I'm treating this as his second season, first one was a write off with injuries but already last season I believed he led the way in terms of assists? Just needs to add goals to his game now as no one can fault his determination and worth ethic when trying to win the ball back, just needs to learn when to release the ball quickly and when to try and skin his man

Our defense definitely looks top 4 on paper..
:kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol:

It's fucking me off, all I'm hearing this morning on radio etc, is people's hearts bleeding for liverpool and the way sterling is treating liverpool.....i dont remember the media being too concerned with us when bale was playing up..in fact they were supporting him....cunts!

:kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol::kaboullol:
Don't let the Manc troll you

I'm treating this as his second season, first one was a write off with injuries but already last season I believed he led the way in terms of assists? Just needs to add goals to his game now as no one can fault his determination and worth ethic when trying to win the ball back, just needs to learn when to release the ball quickly and when to try and skin his man
just comes across as a lightweight powderpuff player whos not suited at all to this league.
poor decision making. rarely scores. works hard but clumsy defensively & gets caught out of position often. weak on the ball. misses obvious passes. he looks so out of his comfort zone. gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

i think its telling that apart from some biased spurs fans, everyone else thinks he has been average at best.
but hopefully he will be amazing next season. but i very much doubt it. we should be prepared for him being average again.

I can't quite get into the mindset of being excited about lamela leading our assists....its like being the best looking person in the burns unit...our creativity was awful.

Hoping this will be his season though. It's now or never, if he doesn't step up, sadly he will have to be added to the list of poor signings.

lets be honest. if he had performed how he has for another premiership team. we would bf saying he is average & to stay well clear of him. no one would be saying lets sign up this fella lamela because he has a few assists, runs around a lot & is trying his bestest.
we would be foolish to bank on him being a star next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom