Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mirallas on form is good enough to start. A motivated Mirallas would bring very healthy competition and bring out the best in both Lamela and Chadli as he can play on either side. He is younger then Lennon, a lot more creative and scores/assists more than him so for £3,500,000 plus Lennon, the deal is a no brainer.

He scored 34 goals in 52 games for Olympiakos. Sure, it's the Greek league but we know it can be done. Much like when we signed Chadli off the back of scoring 25 goals in 84 appearances for FC Twente.

I think Mirallas on form is good enough to start. A motivated Mirallas would bring very healthy competition and bring out the best in both Lamela and Chadli as he can play on either side. He is younger then Lennon, a lot more creative and scores/assists more than him so for £3,500,000 plus Lennon, the deal is a no brainer.

He scored 34 goals in 52 games for Olympiakos. Sure, it's the Greek league but we know it can be done. Much like when we signed Chadli off the back of scoring 25 goals in 84 appearances for FC Twente.
Yeah, he wouldn't be my first choice but he can cover the flanks and up top, is fast and can score/create.
He goes missing in games like Chadli but wouldn't be disappointed if he joined

Yeah, he wouldn't be my first choice but he can cover the flanks and up top, is fast and can score/create.
He goes missing in games like Chadli but wouldn't be disappointed if he joined

I see Mirallas as a typical Spurs player. A load of flair, a lot of creativity, can go missing at times but will pop up with something absolutely special.

This is him at Olympiakos for example, imagine if we got that form out of him.

cADwM1p.gif
he is so good in that role. Gary Oldman is a great great actor.

Back on topic, Mirallas is a guy that i think will fit us nicely. On his day he is one of the best on the league, he doens't have many days like that but i would gamble on him.

And if we sell Townsend for 15M, Levy is a God.

Adding Mirallas for Lennon and £3.5 million is like paying £9 million, which isn't bad if he can be effective in bursts for us. He scored more than any of our wingers last year.
Also, I know it is a long shot but Townsend out to Villa at £15 million would be a dream. Tack on another £10-£15 million for Benteke while we are at it.

Last edited:
Not sure how people can sound so down about Mirallas.

He can play in any of the front 3 positions.
Scored 11 goals/3 assists in 36 games for a shit Everton side.
Knows the league, won't have to adapt.
Won't ask for huge wages.
Would come cheaper than any player of equivalent quality.
Is Belgian.
Is only 27, still has 3-4 years of quality left.
Wouldn't have to worry about sell-on value since we got him so cheap.

Giving them Lennon and £3 mil would be amazing business, for a midfielder who got into double digit goals last year. Would give us so much quality on the bench. Need a goal? Bring on Chadli and Pritchard and a new striker. Not exactly bad options...

Our bench next season could be: Vorm, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Pritchard, Chadli, *new striker* . If we buy well up front that's one of the strongest benches in the premier league.

Last edited:
Not sure how people can sound so down about Mirallas.

He can play in any of the front 3 positions.
Scored 11 goals/3 assists in 36 games for a shit Everton side.
Knows the league, won't have to adapt.
Won't ask for huge wages.
Would come cheaper than any player of equivalent quality.
Is Belgian.
Is only 27, still has 3-4 years of quality left.
Wouldn't have to worry about sell-on value since we got him so cheap.

Giving them Lennon and £3 mil would be amazing business, for a midfielder who got into double digit goals last year. Would give us so much quality on the bench. Need a goal? Bring on Chadli and Pritchard and a new striker. Not exactly bad options...
he could be a piece of dog shite, he's belgian, that's what matters, let the boy in.

Never the one to pay attention to other clubs' transfer activity. But I am reading scouse are trying to sign Marco Reus to replace Sterling. While I understand that Liverpool are a club with a lot of history, in the last few seasons we have consistently finished above them except when they finished 2nd once. Add the fact that we are in London while Liverpool are well, in Liverpool, surely if Reus is willing to come to Liverpool, he should be able to consider Spurs!

This is the kind of player we need to be going after! While I understand we are not as rich as some of the other clubs, spending 25 million on a player who will easily be better than every other attacker in the club is a no brainer. Whether he is willing to come to Spurs or not is another thing, but we should be trying our hardest to get him if he is on the market!

Unless we have the best team in the world, every transfer should be made to improve the first team.

Plus imagine a quartet of Reus, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane leading the attack for Spurs!

Call me Mr Paranoid, but does every aspect of this 'article' feel Anti-Spurs to anyone else?
Spurs must offload deadwood before bidding for Man United target Morgan Schneiderlin
SPURS are set to send the transfer merry-go-round whirling full pelt as they prepare for a string of big money comings and - mostly - goings.
By COLIN MAFHAM
22:30, Sat, Jul 11, 2015 | UPDATED: 00:09, Sun, Jul 12, 2015

Mauricio Pochettino faces a busy summer as he looks to offload some of the deadwood in his squad
Axeman chairman Daniel Levy has told head coach Mauricio Pochettino to show at least six players the door before he can pursue any more costly imports like Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin.
Pochettino's old club have slapped a £20million-plus price tag on the midfielder in whom main rivals
Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches, for whom a £3.5million from Galatasaray has already been rejected, looks to be on his way out.
Also looking to be heading out is Argentina defender Federico Fazio, signed for £8million only last year, along with long-serving Frenchman Younes Kaboul.

Following them out could be midfielder Benjamin Stambouli who is considering following Etienne Capoue who moved to Watford last month.
Strikers Emmanuel Adebayor and former record signing Roberto Soldado are also on their way out.

Defenders Kevin Wimmer from Cologne and Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid are so far the only ones to come in.

Aston Villa could also be knocking on the White Hart Lane door as former manager Tim Sherwood steps up his interest in Spurs England winger Andros Townsend. The main stumbling block at the moment is the £15million asking price.
Emmanuel Adebayor has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane this summer

Last edited:
Never the one to pay attention to other clubs' transfer activity. But I am reading scouse are trying to sign Marco Reus to replace Sterling. While I understand that Liverpool are a club with a lot of history, in the last few seasons we have consistently finished above them except when they finished 2nd once. Add the fact that we are in London while Liverpool are well, in Liverpool, surely if Reus is willing to come to Liverpool, he should be able to consider Spurs!

This is the kind of player we need to be going after! While I understand we are not as rich as some of the other clubs, spending 25 million on a player who will easily be better than every other attacker in the club is a no brainer. Whether he is willing to come to Spurs or not is another thing, but we should be trying our hardest to get him if he is on the market!

Unless we have the best team in the world, every transfer should be made to improve the first team.

Plus imagine a quartet of Reus, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane leading the attack for Spurs!

Not in a million years.

Adding Mirallas for Lennon and £3.5 million is like paying £9 million, which isn't bad if he can be effective in bursts for us. He scored more than any of our wingers last year.
Also, I know it is a long shot but Townsend out to Villa at £15 million would be a dream. Tack on another £10-£15 million for Benteke while we are at it.
If it is true that Pritchard is going to get game time then I think buying Mirallas must mean Andros is leaving.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS Could you tell us something about Nathan Oduwa? I've become really curious about him, is he one of our better prospects?
He's a box of tricks! Really good player, and what I like about him is that he's so different to many players - he plays in a way that not many players do. He has always reminded me a bit of Kanu in his style - he doesn't always seem to be in control of his legs, but somehow always seems to keep the ball.

I have always wanted to see him play through the middle more often, and I'm intrigued to see whether that will happen for the U21s this year.

How can Pochettino resist this smile? http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/interviews/progress-the-key-for-nathan/

He's a box of tricks! Really good player, and what I like about him is that he's so different to many players - he plays in a way that not many players do. He has always reminded me a bit of Kanu in his style - he doesn't always seem to be in control of his legs, but somehow always seems to keep the ball.

I have always wanted to see him play through the middle more often, and I'm intrigued to see whether that will happen for the U21s this year.

How can Pochettino resist this smile? http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/interviews/progress-the-key-for-nathan/
Do you think Shaq Coulthirst will step up this year mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom