Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by pictures from the spurs twitter etc, the players who haven't started training sessions are:

Lloris, Vertonghen, Lamella, Yedlin, Kane, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Carroll, Mason and Alderweireld.

Also players who aren't featured in any pictures and are expected to leave are:

Kaboul, Chiriches, Lennon and Adebayor.
I've seen Mason in some photos.

Judging by pictures from the spurs twitter etc, the players who haven't started training sessions are:

Lloris, Vertonghen, Lamella, Yedlin, Kane, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Carroll, Mason and Alderweireld.

Also players who aren't featured in any pictures and are expected to leave are:

Kaboul, Chiriches, Lennon and Adebayor.

Thanks.

Interesting as to why the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen etc. aren't involved. Why have they been given an extra few weeks off? Lamela is understandable as he was at the Copa America and Yedlin is currently competing in the Gold Cup.

I wonder if Kaboul and Lennon are actually at pre-season training but just aren't in the photos. Adebayor and Chiriches both away for whatever reason (basing it on Chiriches' instagram account).

I think what John Thomas John Thomas is getting at is that we've had a few occasions where taking a slight risk wouldn't have been to detrimental to this & our financial security. , the Saha, Nelsen & the fraiser Campbell ones still annoy me today, huge opportunities overlooked.

I see levy as not trying to persuade companies investing into Spurs itself , more of an investment into the real estate of the stadium & all its possibilities , hence the NFL thing.. He's pointing very much towards an entertainment centre than just a football stadium. Hopefully that'll make it a slightly more attractive proposition .

It would be nice to hear how far we are with securing investors & of course what the NFL deal will bring in

Of course there's individual situations/signings that could have been handled better. I'm in no denying that. It doesn't make the overall strategy a failure or unambitious though. Fans of any club anywhere could probably in any given window be standing on the outside without any real grasp of the inner workings of the transfer market and what happened with potential targets that particular window, and say we could have done a bit better and spent a bit more without too much risk.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Interesting as to why the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen etc. aren't involved. Why have they been given an extra few weeks off? Lamela is understandable as he was at the Copa America and Yedlin is currently competing in the Gold Cup.

I wonder if Kaboul and Lennon are actually at pre-season training but just aren't in the photos. Adebayor and Chiriches both away for whatever reason (basing it on Chiriches' instagram account).

Isn't the simple explanation that those guys were the ones involved in internationals right after the season ended, so a bit longer holidays at the other end to recharge?

Of course there's individual situations/signings that could have been handled better. I'm in no denying that. It doesn't make the overall strategy in a failure or unambitious though. Fans of any club anywhere could probably in any given window be standing on the outside without any real grasp of the inner workings of the transfer market and what happened with potential targets that particular window, and say we could have done a bit better and spent a bit more without too much risk.

Yup, I just think that we were closer than any club has been to breaking the monopoly of the $k¥ top 4 . That's the frustrating bit.

Maybe we're just two great or lucky signing away from that again. Time will tell .

Never the one to pay attention to other clubs' transfer activity. But I am reading scouse are trying to sign Marco Reus to replace Sterling. While I understand that Liverpool are a club with a lot of history, in the last few seasons we have consistently finished above them except when they finished 2nd once. Add the fact that we are in London while Liverpool are well, in Liverpool, surely if Reus is willing to come to Liverpool, he should be able to consider Spurs!

This is the kind of player we need to be going after! While I understand we are not as rich as some of the other clubs, spending 25 million on a player who will easily be better than every other attacker in the club is a no brainer. Whether he is willing to come to Spurs or not is another thing, but we should be trying our hardest to get him if he is on the market!

Unless we have the best team in the world, every transfer should be made to improve the first team.

Plus imagine a quartet of Reus, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane leading the attack for Spurs!

Liverpool can 'target' Reus all they want, he won't go there. He will be staying at Dortmund for the time being, won't be leaving this summer!

Reus would be my dream signing for us, shame he only signed a contract extension in February cause if we only had Liverpool competing we'd have a chance considering we finished above them

Palace, Stoke and Burnley aren't regenerating a borough in the capital and building a £3/4/500m stadium.

What don't you understand about that?

Levy hasn't taken an Amigo Loan to cover the cost mate.
Daniel Levy said himself that the `new stadium scheme` would not in any way effect the strength of our playing squad or our short term and long term transfer budget. You keep using the stadium as an excuse. Are you saying he was telling lies then. Also aren`t Liverpool about to start work developing their own stadium ? Didn`t Woolwich talk about, plan, build and complete a new stadium all during ENIC`s ownwership yet still manage to finish above us every single season. Using the "proposed new stadium" to justify our pathetic transfer strategy is a very poor excuse I`m afraid. In fact it seems like your sucking up to ENIC.

Daniel Levy said himself that the `new stadium scheme` would not in any way effect the strength of our playing squad or our short term and long term transfer budget. You keep using the stadium as an excuse. Are you saying he was telling lies then. Also aren`t Liverpool about to start work developing their own stadium ? Didn`t Woolwich talk about, plan, build and complete a new stadium all during ENIC`s ownwership yet still manage to finish above us every single season. Using the "proposed new stadium" to justify our pathetic transfer strategy is a very poor excuse I`m afraid. In fact it seems like your sucking up to ENIC.
387TMmS.gif

Reus would be my dream signing for us, shame he only signed a contract extension in February cause if we only had Liverpool competing we'd have a chance considering we finished above them
At the time a few German journos were saying they felt that was a "thank you" gesture to the club when they were on their knees, and that it just prevented a re-run of the Goetze situation.

Seeing Gerrard in a Galaxy shirt, I keep wonder WHY YOU LET HIM SLIP PAST, LEVY?!?!?!?
  • PROVEN PL EXPERIENCE
  • CAPTAIN
  • PART OF TITLE-CHALLENGING SIDE.
  • BLOODY ENGLISH
Then I see Lampard in an NYC shit, and I wonder WHY YOU LET HIM SLIP PAST, LEVY?!?>?!>!?
  • PROVEN PL EXPERIENCE
  • CAPTAINISH
  • PART OF TITLE-WINNING SIDE
  • ALSO WON INTERTOTO CUP and CL
  • HOMEGROWN
But, no. Instead we buy a bunch of waffle-munchers who idolise street micturition and worship a boy journo in plus fours secretly in love with an alcoholic seaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom