Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just back from holiday, and the question remains.
Where's our striker?
We failed to get one in the winter window, and we've failed so far this summer.

I like the signings of Wimmer and Trippier, am not so convinced re Toby, because I think him and Jan aren't the right pairing for the Prem.

Looking at our current squad we'll do well to get 6th and I reckon it's 7th/8th place and no trophies we're looking at ATM. Basically we're on course for another frustrating ENIC-led season.

So you come home to:
1) Two new players who improve the squad, and possibly the first 11
2) One new young player and two or three youngsters coming back from loans, who could possibly have an impact
3) A squad that's rid of a couple of player with virtually no impact last season
4) A squad still having every starter and every squad-player of any significance
5) The same squad, which was among the youngest in the PL, having one more season of PL-experience

You conclude that we're likely to go from 5th to 7-8th. You're going to have to explain that "logic"????

So you come home to:
2) One new young player and two or three youngsters coming back from loans, who could possibly have an impact
3) A squad that's rid of a couple of player with virtually no impact last season
4) A squad still having every starter and every squad-player of any significance
5) The same squad, which was among the youngest in the PL, having one more season of PL-experience

You conclude that we're likely to go from 5th to 7-8th. You're going to have to explain that "logic"????
It is hard to argue that Liverpool have made signings that guarantee them 5th or better. Clyne is a good signing, but Firmino... who knows. Sterling is definitely out the door, Sturridge may or may not be fit again. Southampton have lost two of their better players, one of them to us, and will probably lose more.

Where's our striker?

I like the signings of Wimmer and Trippier, am not so convinced re Toby, because I think him and Jan aren't the right pairing for the Prem.

Looking at our current squad we'll do well to get 6th and I reckon it's 7th/8th place and no trophies we're looking at ATM. Basically we're on course for another frustrating ENIC-led season.

You should of done us all a favour and stayed on that holiday..

So you come home to:

I know you've only been here a couple of weeks, but you'll soon learn that Greavesie is a cynical old cunt, who just loves to talk about how he's always right or how he saw something coming...

Where's our striker?

Blimey Greasie. Must've been a shit holiday....

So you come home to:

I don't subscribe to this myself, but I'd imagine he sees other teams business so far being better than ours?
If he feels Liverpool have done well in the market (they haven't), that's us down to sixth.
But has anyone else signed anyone decent? I'm not sure they have.

I don't subscribe to this myself, but I'd imagine he sees other teams business so far being better than ours?
If he feels Liverpool have done well in the market (they haven't), that's us down to sixth.

Depay and Schweinsteiger are probably the pick of the bunch. Followed probably by Toby, Ayew and Cabaye.
If I was a Watford fan though I'd be pretty happy. Looks like they could stay up. Think they just signed Bahrami too.

I figured so as well. We cannot really be looking too much at what others do. If we continue to make smart signings, we'll be fine. With continue and smart being the operative words. We're not there yet, if we want to move upwards in the table; I'll give him that.

Where's our striker?

I really wanted to be polite but...

YOU'RE A STUPID MISERABLE GOONER CUNT MATE. JUST CHUFF OFF. IT'S THE 12TH JULY YOU COCK SUCKING MINGEBEAST. PLENTY OF TIME TO GO.

Not convinced about Toby? Fuck off.

Seriously why don't you just fuck off, and keep on fucking off, until you've fucked off.

So you come home to:

Add to that Bentaleb penning a new 5 year deal as well as shipping Paulinho, Holtby and Capoue for good fees.

The window has been excellent so far... However there is plenty more work to be done.

Last edited:
Depay and Schweinsteiger are probably the pick of the bunch. Followed probably by Toby, Ayew and Cabaye.
If I was a Watford fan though I'd be pretty happy. Looks like they could stay up. Think they just signed Bahrami too.

I'd definitely disagree with Toby being the third best signing of the window. Hell, I'd put Milner on a free as a better signing. And Firmino is a great player, whether he will settle or not is the only question, the same question nobody seems to be asking about Depay. But he is still a good capture. And if Cabaye is even 2 3rds of the player he was for Newcastle then getting him at 10m is another great bit of business.

Best piece of business of the window however, is Levy getting us about £10m for Paulinho.

I'd definitely disagree with Toby being the third best signing of the window. Hell, I'd put Milner on a free as a better signing. And Firmino is a great player, whether he will settle or not is the only question, the same question nobody seems to be asking about Depay. But he is still a good capture. And if Cabaye is even 2 3rds of the player he was for Newcastle then getting him at 10m is another great bit of business.

Best piece of business of the window however, is Levy getting us about £10m for Paulinho.

:adelol:

I really wanted to be polite but...

YOU'RE A STUPID MISERABLE GOONER CUNT MATE. JUST CHUFF OFF. IT'S THE 12TH JULY YOU COCK SUCKING MINGEBEAST. PLENTY OF TIME TO GO.

Not convinced about Toby? Fuck off.

Seriously why don't you just fuck off, and keep on fucking off, until you've fucked off.
Relax, everybody is entitled to their opinions. Show some class in stead, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom