Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pack of Lidl crisps and a re-used plastic bottle of water if Levy's paying.
This guy only posts after someone else breaks the news, and has a history of being fired from jobs at newspapers after fabricating interviews with players. We may want to not use him as a source.
Usually about everyone saying they want to go to Man U and so and so says so and so is better than so and so. 'Mourihino to Man U, done deal' & 'Man U's Berbatov tipped for Ballon D'or' :pochfacepalm: Wanker, football agent, wanker.

We need a Striker as good as Kane who can even take Kane's spot. What if Kane turns out to be Michu Mk2... (Not that I think he will). We don't want to look to the bench and see some Ricky Lambert type shit cunt who ca't score for shit. Had enough of that this season.

We need a Striker as good as Kane who can even take Kane's spot. What if Kane turns out to be Michu Mk2... (Not that I think he will). We don't want to look to the bench and see some Ricky Lambert type shit cunt who ca't score for shit. Had enough of that this season.

Who do you suggest that is a 20+ goal a season striker who is willing to play back up to kane just in case he turns out to be shit?

Bare in mind, he needs to be affordable , and on less than 80k a week.

Edit: preferably Belgian as well.

I think any second striker we would bring in would get plenty of game time.

This.

Why it irritates me when we suggest a big name and others say, "He won't be happy sitting on the bench". It's not God-given that Kane will be amazing this season, and even if he is we played something like 58 games last season. Even if we split it in half and rotated they'd both get 29 games - more or less an entire season of football. I think we could keep two quality first-choice strikers happy, personally.

We need a quality striker, not someone past-it who just wants a wage packet. We have that in Adebayor and look at all the good he adds to the squad. We need someone young and talented, someone to push Kane like Davies did to Rose. Baffling that so many people view it as a negative to have two talented strikers.

This.

Why it irritates me when we suggest a big name and others say, "He won't be happy sitting on the bench". It's not God-given that Kane will be amazing this season, and even if he is we played something like 58 games last season. Even if we split it in half and rotated they'd both get 29 games - more or less an entire season of football. I think we could keep two quality first-choice strikers happy, personally.

We need a quality striker, not someone past-it who just wants a wage packet. We have that in Adebayor and look at all the good he adds to the squad. We need someone young and talented, someone to push Kane like Davies did to Rose. Baffling that so many people view it as a negative to have two talented strikers.
I'd like two top strikers as well, I just think it's going to be very difficult to sign one.

I'd like two top strikers as well, I just think it's going to be very difficult to sign one.

This. This is why it irritates me when people batter on about us signing someone to push kane on. If great strikers were a dime a dozen the transfer window would be shit.

Edit: if we could have 3 great strikers and keep them all happy, I'd be delighted. But we don't. And I doubt we will anytime soon.

Who do you suggest that is a 20+ goal a season striker who is willing to play back up to kane just in case he turns out to be shit?

Bare in mind, he needs to be affordable , and on less than 80k a week.

Aleksandar Mitrovic.
Kevin Volland.

20 goal + with these guys probably unlikely. But then I could have never imagined it with Kane and thought Soldado would hit that target with ease. Good enough to be 1st team... In my opinion yeah. Affordable and wages likely within the bracket. Both fill the criteria of young / talented.

Volland can play several positions also.

Both are at clubs "smaller" than us so we should be able to attract them.

Aleksandar Mitrovic.
Kevin Volland.

20 goal + with these guys probably unlikely. But then I could have never imagined it with Kane and thought Soldado would hit that target with ease. Good enough to be 1st team... In my opinion yeah. Affordable and wages likely within the bracket. Both fill the criteria of young / talented.

Mitrovic is one of the smartest answers anyone has given all day and is the type of player we should be after. Volland would be better on the wings for me. And he is a highly sought after player which makes it a harder deal to tie up.

Mitotic is one of the smartest answers anyone has given all day and is the type of player we should be after. Volland would be better on the wings for me. And he is a highly sought after player which makes it a harder deal to tie up.

Taking a punt as he is coming from a "weaker league" however we bought players who were top class in Spain / France etc are turned out to be shit.

Would love both Volland and Mitrovic tbh. As you said it would cover the wings and give us plenty of options up top if injuries strike.

Mitrovic has been touted at £10-12mil which is easly affordable. Not Idea on Volland... Would guess nearer £20mil?

Aleksandar Mitrovic.
Kevin Volland.

If it was that easy, we'd sign them already.

I have faith that we won't be left with just Adebayor and Kane for the season, I'm happy to wait and see how the window plays out. A lot comes down to a domino effect too, hopefully Benteke signing for Liverpool gives Villa money to buy Adebayor, and so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom