Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please let me know when we got so good, that we feel that players that are good enough for real madrid, arnt good enough to play for us........i must of missed that moment.

I was discussing a potential transfer in the 'Transfer window discussion thread' :soldadowatch:
Of course. But you seem to be suggesting that selling Dembele is justifiable if we receive a reasonable fee. I'm saying fuck the transfer fee. we should not be selling one of our best remaining midfielders.

I hope Dembele is finally over all of his niggling injuries and stuff. That probably was part of the reason why Poch played him so little last season. Dembele was amazing to watch (before his injury) during AVB's first season. I really wana see him back to those heights again.

Can someone please let me know when we got so good, that we feel that players that are good enough for real madrid, arnt good enough to play for us........i must of missed that moment.
Royston Drenthe anyone? He played for Real Madrid....

drenthe_by_reading_fc_307581278.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and I don't think it was mentioned here yet ...
But there is an ITK whisper that we are interested in another Belgian ... Fellaini.

What do you guys think? Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to such a signing.

Of course. But you seem to be suggesting that selling Dembele is justifiable if we receive a reasonable fee. I'm saying fuck the transfer fee. we should not be selling one of our best remaining midfielders.

It would make more sense to sell him and buy someone else - than not play him and lose him on a free transfer.

That said, I would prefer he stays and plays enough games to make him happy to sign a new contract - but it isn't up to me.

Exactly, it's his job to be thrifty and our job to get on his case. Why the fuck do you care about the clubs balance sheet?
Is the answer to that question not obvious? We've seen what clubs who don't look after that shit become. Being consistently the 5th best team in the country whilst improving the entire infrastructure of the club is the sign of a good chairman. In the long run, you'll all see it too.

Is the answer to that question not obvious? We've seen what clubs who don't look after that shit become. Being consistently the 5th best team in the country whilst improving the entire infrastructure of the club is the sign of a good chairman. In the long run, you'll all see it too.

Oh here we go....we don't want to do a Leeds right?

Fuck me, for someone who is so interested in the money side of the game you clearly haven't been keeping up.

Christ on a bike, Levy must love the likes of you. Luckily most sensible people have come round.

I think what your saying is that if we don't follow the Greek austerity measures he referred to then we could do a Leeds or Portsmouth. Hmmm..

That doesn't tell the full picture though.

He was 2nd or 3rd choice. If Madrid could have got Soldado in his prime for a low price to play back up striker they most likely would have gone for that too. But as it's been seen Soldado isn't good enough for us. There are plenty of title/silverware winning rotational players who aren't good enough for teams aspiring to be in the top 4.

Madrid are also a hub of creativity, where a player like Hernandez can do okay. We're not there yet.

Being consistently the 5th best team in the country whilst improving the entire infrastructure of the club is the sign of a good chairman. In the long run, you'll all see it too.
Is it? Is it really? I wouldn't mind the odd trophy to go with those stellar 5th finishes - and improving the infrastructure of something that ENIC own? Well dey would do dat wouldn't dey?

Cambiasso would be a better punt than either Carrick or Fellatio IMO. An abundance of top
Level experience all round Europe. A top drawer (if old) midfielder who would help in training the young bloods & could do a good job for us. Potentially as valuable as any big price signing if it helps the youngsters become established in the midfield. We need experience. I make no secret that I was desperate for MS but I'm sure he's in it for himself rather than helping develop players on the training pitch. The one huge advantage of a player who's been there & done it all is that they can impart their experience to the younger lads. They remain the big fish in the pond but less likely to try & eat the rest. And with one eye on life after a playing career, it's not bad to have on your CV that you were instrumental in building a special team. Idealistic bollocks I know, but maybe there are players out there who want to share their experience & that younger players would like to work alongside to improve their game.

Infrastructure.....true, but the reality for an investment company is it is about (sale) value.

As for the long run, how many years since they bought us? Another 3+ until we're in the new stadium, then it will be settling in and paying it off for an excuse for a few years. A 20+ year plan, fuck me there's being patient and then there's being blindly optimistic no matter what.

The reality is that after that patience ENIC will have increased their asset from £30-50m up to probably £750m+. THEIR patience and investment will be rewarded for certain with cold hard cash. Their ROI is guaranteed it's just a case him many £hundreds of millions. The % probability of our rewards in titles and achievement after this 20+ years is much much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom