Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Janssen just 'feels' like he's coming.

...unlike Batshitty who had an air of Chelsea arrogance about him once he'd done that backflip to celebrate scoring, despite almost missing an open net!

£10m for Dwight Gayle! If that's the going rate for someone of that level then we're gonna have to pay a chunk for someone of a higher level.

The fact we got Wanyama for £11m when Townsend goes for £13m and Gayle for £10m just shows you how fucking mad the market is this summer and what a good deal VW was for us.

No repeat of previous windows please Levy and Vincent Janssen is a must (as is another striker). Fans will never forgive you if you cheap out when we have CL this summer as a carrot to new players.

No repeat of previous windows please Levy and Vincent Janssen is a must (as is another striker). Fans will never forgive you if you cheap out when we have CL this summer as a carrot to new players.
Agreed - he's cost us in the past dearly so hopefully the same mistakes can be avoided this time around

With the annual Southampton exodus in full swing do any of you think we can take advantage of it and try and pinch Rodriquez?

Before injury he was superb, Pochettino had him playing at the top of his game, he can play striker and left wing and knows Poch's way and system.

Obviously Southampton are more unlikely to sell after losing Mane as well, but I think Rodriquez would want to rejoin Poch.

With the annual Southampton exodus in full swing do any of you think we can take advantage of it and try and pinch Rodriquez?

Before injury he was superb, Pochettino had him playing at the top of his game, he can play striker and left wing and knows Poch's way and system.

Obviously Southampton are more unlikely to sell after losing Mane as well, but I think Rodriquez would want to rejoin Poch.

Signed a new deal last summer right after we were linked with trying another move. On £60k a week until 2019. Think he'd be hard to dislodge right now.

Personally I hope we don't. In my opinion he isn't an upgrade on either Chadli or Son on the left wing and I even think either of those two could perform better than he could up top for us. He's not a bad player, he just isn't anywhere near our level right now.

Any player we sign to play wide would need to be a player putting immediate pressure on Eriksen, and frankly I don't see Son as a terrible option as that player. Pressing concern now should be a striker who can play as a striker and possibly a central midfielder who can fill in when Dembele is unavailable as I don't feel like Wanyama brings the same sort of thing to the team Moussa does. My true hope is that Bentaleb improves and becomes the back up to Dembele I want though.

Personally I hope we don't. In my opinion he isn't an upgrade on either Chadli or Son on the left wing and I even think either of those two could perform better than he could up top for us. He's not a bad player, he just isn't anywhere near our level right now.

Any player we sign to play wide would need to be a player putting immediate pressure on Eriksen, and frankly I don't see Son as a terrible option as that player. Pressing concern now should be a striker who can play as a striker and possibly a central midfielder who can fill in when Dembele is unavailable as I don't feel like Wanyama brings the same sort of thing to the team Moussa does. My true hope is that Bentaleb improves and becomes the back up to Dembele I want though.
I also like strikers that play as strikers. The strikers that play in goal aren't anywhere near as good as the strikers that play as strikers.

Back
Top Bottom