Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Vincent signed a contract here a year ago for three years. Basically, we do not want to lose him.”

Apologies Joe Clash Joe Clash

"We have done extensive research to approximate the market value of Vincent, with people who understand it, for example," Huiberts told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

Troy-Deeney-644008.jpg

:dierno::pochfacepalm::chadliblow::paulinhobored:

Yeah, just saw that on Twitter. Cheers.

Also AZ been talking to baseball guru Billy Beane who has extensive knowledge of PL football? Is he another clown who thinks the league should be gifted to the likes of Utd, Chavs, dippers....

So, even if Poch's wants him, you think we should explore other options rather than pay the asking price. I cannot imagine why any fan would be of this mindset, whoever they support. Pathetic.

We aren't working with fucking monopoly money here. Whether you want to realize it or not, ENIC are not pulling a profit OUT of the club. But they are running it as a business, not a toy. Which means balancing incomings and outgoings, and investing in things helping the club long term to increase incomings.

So if Poch has said, he wants four players (random number, I should say) added to the squad, but we can only afford four if we're looking to make good deals, rather than just meeting insane asking prices. Would you then go against what Poch wants and only get the two or three, we could afford if just paying the price? And leaving a hole in the squad, not wanted by the manager? Just to be able to get a shiny new toy and being able to tell your mates that Spurs are a big club again now, rather than staying here in the real world with the rest of us. That's what pathetic.

Is it? I keep reading he wants to come to us. Surely if we can get closer to AZ's valuation it's done?
It just seems like a transfer where we have to pay way over the odds or AZ will force him to stay. I'm really starting to doubt that this transfer will go through. I think Sanabria is more likely to happen, considering Roma are open to him leaving

It just seems like a transfer where we have to pay way over the odds or AZ will force him to stay. I'm really starting to doubt that this transfer will go through. I think Sanabria is more likely to happen, considering Roma are open to him leaving

I'd be very happy with Sanabria, looks a very well priced player with lots of positives. I was happy with Janssen, until the price crept up.

Before it's asked, why should I care about the costs? It's not like I'm DL?

Well, I think Soldado for £15m would be twice the player the £30m (or so) Soldado was (not hard, I know), as high price = pressure, imo.

With all due respect, if their asking price is $20m (whatever that currently is in pounds) then I don't think that's 'way over the odds' for the Eredivisie's top striker (who is also very young) given the prices at which strikers have been going to other Premier League clubs.

I'd be very happy with Sanabria, looks a very well priced player with lots of positives. I was happy with Janssen, until the price crept up.

Before it's asked, why should I care about the costs? It's not like I'm DL?

Well, I think Soldado for £15m would be twice the player the £30m (or so) Soldado was (not hard, I know), as high price = pressure, imo.
We're not in a position to pay over the odds for a player. Also by doing so, we send a clear message to all future negotiators, if you hold out long enough we'll cave in and stump up the dosh

With all due respect, if their asking price is $20m (whatever that currently is in pounds) then I don't think that's 'way over the odds' for the Eredivisie's top striker (who is also very young) given the prices at which strikers have been going to other Premier League clubs.
We've already offered that, AZ didn't even sit down to the table

We've already offered that, AZ didn't even sit down to the table
Do we know that though? Surely we wouldn't have been allowed to talk to Janssen, show him around the training ground, and agree a contract (provisionally) unless AZ and Spurs were in the same ballpark during initial negotiations.

Anyway, his head has clearly been turned now and his statements earlier will undoubtedly put some pressure on AZ to get this sorted soon.
I think it'll get done.

Do we know that though? Surely we wouldn't have been allowed to talk to Janssen, show him around the training ground, and agree a contract (provisionally) unless AZ and Spurs were in the same ballpark during initial negotiations.

Anyway, his head has clearly been turned now and his statements earlier will undoubtedly put some pressure on AZ to get this sorted soon.
I think it'll get done.
I hope so, but it's just very reminiscent of Berahino

Also AZ been talking to baseball guru Billy Beane who has extensive knowledge of PL football? Is he another clown who thinks the league should be gifted to the likes of Utd, Chavs, dippers....
Billy Beane is a Spurs fan supposedly, but his PL coaching idols are Ferguson and Wenger.

Back
Top Bottom