Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's just about wages in general. You get the odd player that wants to go to a particular club but mostly it's about ££
CL, by & large = CL wages + CL transfer fees.
At some point, I think the club has to take some risks- otherwise we will always be the nearly men, the players we have will get sick of never winning anything & go to clubs who will pay them more to win trophies.

I don't even really see a €20 million punt on Janssen as that much of a risk to the club. We allegedly went up to £22 million for Berahino last summer. That was a far bigger gamble IMO. If we are stalling over €1.5 million then, in the world of truly big business, we are looking small time.

If we are stalling over €1.5 million then, in the world of truly big business, we are looking small time.

If you actually believe that, over what the player himself has said, there's not an awful lot of sense it entering a discussion about it, imo.

Telegraph, yesterday:

The Dutch club have rejected a £15million offer from Spurs for Janssen on the recommendation of Beane, who has calculated the 22-year-old is worth £16.5m

Janssen, day before yesterday....

In my view, Tottenham Hotspur have made a big offer. There was an offer of about €18 million. But AZ doesn't even want to sit at the table.

The Independent, yesterday

Tottenham transfer target Vincent Janssen has hit against his club AZ Alkmaar after they rejected a £16.5m offer from Spurs for the Holland striker.

AZ's technical Director Max Huiberts

We don’t want to let Vincent go for €18m. We hope he stays.

AZ are messing about - can we cease this "we're quibbling over £1" stuff unless we have some vaguely reliable truth behind it

1st of July, bring on the fucking melts. What a cunt our chairman is, right guys? Give it a fucking break. We finished higher than all you cunts predicted we would after last seasons Levy letdown.

"If levy had spent more we would have won the league you'll say" but another club did loosen their purse strings, Manchester United, man city as well, did them both a ton of good right?

Knobs.
But equally every year some just want him to spend an extra million or 2 on a player poch really wants.
But many translate that as we want to spend 100s of millions & also pay players 200k per wk.

From what I have read there's barely anyone on here asking us to spend loads like chelsea, city & utd usually do.

It seems to be the in thing on this forum to call someone a melt for the slightest of thing.

Read back. Overall there is hardly anyone posting for us to spend massively.

Ps. To be fair spurs did melt at the end of last season.
Just like england recently. Looking back, melting is kind of in are more recent history.

CL, by & large = CL wages + CL transfer fees.
At some point, I think the club has to take some risks- otherwise we will always be the nearly men, the players we have will get sick of never winning anything & go to clubs who will pay them more to win trophies.

I don't even really see a €20 million punt on Janssen as that much of a risk to the club. We allegedly went up to £22 million for Berahino last summer. That was a far bigger gamble IMO. If we are stalling over €1.5 million then, in the world of truly big business, we are looking small time.

Trouble is levy likes to get a deal , he haggles like no one but , yup, there will come a time when we'll have to just pay up.
I think the plus with Janssen is that his wages will likely be quite low , so to pay the extra £1.5 ( if that is in fact true ) is worth it.

Yeah, because there is either levy's or liverpool's way of doing it.
No in between.

1b2.gif

And the same could be said about players joining United, too.

It's so fucking depressing. Absolute scum teams like Chelsea can go to shit, but mercenary cunts will still want to join them for the money and probability of success in the future.
What I wouldn't give to see their entire club burn to the ground.

We're in the CL next season but are taking a while to get a sub-£20m signing over the line.
:chadliblow:

Can't you burn down West Ham & Woolwich while your at it? , I'll put in for petrol money

I hate to say it but I got a feeling we''re currently struggling to bring in the players we want at right price within our current wage structure. just my opinion. :levystare:

I hate to say it but I got a feeling we''re currently struggling to bring in the players we want at right price within our current wage structure. just my opinion. :levystare:

Our wage structure isn't too different from arsenals until recently. This isn't by mistake, it's by design. Once we have the stadium and much better finances in place, then it will start to change, but not before that.

Here's the thing. None of us know exactly how it works in the club.

Is it :
Pochettino: "I really really want player X"
Levy"Ill try and get him"
Later:
Levy "well, Im not paying what they want, so you can have player Y instead. he costs half as much"
Pochettino(privately) "Fuck. He's shite, slow and couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Don't want to play that fucker. Ohh well, capital one cup for him

is it :
Levy: "there you are. I've signed an agentine centre half. Called Fazio. You're argentine too. Just like Ossie."
Pochettino (privately) "fuck. he's shite, slow and lumbering. dont want to play that fucker. Ohh well..capital one cup for him"

is it:
Pochettino " We (the player recruitment bods and I ) think that player X is a player we really really want"
Levy "I'll try and get him."
Later:
Levy" They want 25 million, is that good, I'll try to negotiate, what's the maximum we should pay"
Pochettino " we (player recruitment bods and I) dont think he's worth 25. dont go above 22"

If i were a betting man, i would bet option 3 is the closest. and I dont want option 4:

lolerpool: "How much for andy carroll?"
Barcodes "errrrrr 35 million"
lolerpool "deal"
barcodes"fucking hell..they are gonna pay it. quick..dress that goalpost on a tracksuit and send it for a medical with them. Not only is it fitter, its quicker, more mobile and twice as intelligent"

Blindly paying the asking price is how you end up punting 35 million on Andy Carroll.

The more I think about Icardi, the more it makes sense we would go for him.

He fits the same profile as Batfuckboy.

I really believe our issue wasn't the 30 mill fee, but the wages.

If Icardi is willing to fit into our wage scale, a transfer could be possible.

The more I think about Icardi, the more it makes sense we would go for him.

He fits the same profile as Batfuckboy.

I really believe our issue wasn't the 30 mill fee, but the wages.

If Icardi is willing to fit into our wage scale, a transfer could be possible.

If I could guarantee you anything in life, it's that we're not signing Icardi.

Would be exciting, but I really can't see us spending £38m on a striker.

Back
Top Bottom