Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The levy sympathisers have no excuse on this one if we miss out on Jansen. This happens every single transfer window and still Daniel Levy dosen't learn. It hasn't surprised me one bit that PSG are interested and I knew this would happen. If reports are true and Jansen would rather us than psg then brilliant but levy haggling over a few bloody million will end up ruining the deal and he will go odd elsewhere. Get this done levy you bald tight cunt!!!!!!
Some won't ever accept levy has done anything wrong.
Over a year to sign a striker.
Amateur stuff!

No melting, but not completing this transfer does look pretty stupid to be honest. £17 million is fair in the current market.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's melting to suggest that levy is a penny pinching cunt?

Because he is a proven penny pinching cunt.

No - I think you've both missed the point.

It's melting to start going apeshit over a story that is blatantly recycled from the same stuff they were saying last week, at which point Janssen himself said "They refuse to even sit at the table" when we offered £16.5m

Do you really think that the AZ board are giggling in the corner saying "well, we might have said yes if they offered £17m, but we'll wait for the papers to tell them".

:pocheyes:

The thing is though, the anti-Levy people keep taking rumoured asking prices as truth. To me knowledge, there's be no official word as to what AZ would indeed accept. They might have said 35m for all we know.

At least one person is on the ball!

hallelujah-cat.jpg

I mean, I think the journos would know more than the player, right?

No - I think you've both missed the point.

It's melting to start going apeshit over a story that is blatantly recycled from the same stuff they were saying last week, at which point Janssen himself said "They refuse to even sit at the table" when we offered £16.5m

Do you really think that the AZ board are giggling in the corner saying "well, we might have said yes if they offered £17m, but we'll wait for the papers to tell them".

:pocheyes:
What tight cunts AZ are, keeping a player who really wants to go - which is a no no isn't it - for the sake of half a million.
Everyone believes the papers but nobody has actually taken any notice of the quote from the players mouth that AZ didn't come to the table. So, how have they turned down a bid?
No one believes the club when they say he has 3 years left and they don't want to lose him ,even for 18m.
So, exactly, we don't know how much they want.
Martial last year, we wouldn't offer more than £15m, which everyone thought was fair for a kid in better league, we offered £18m and it was agreed, then £31m and could have got him for £25m according to which report you believe.

Lloris leaving us for Madrid makes like zero sense at this moment. We are finally in the champions league and Navas is a pretty good goal keeper, i dare to say, in a level close to our beautiful french men

I wish we had david sullivan as chairman, he would keep us informed on exactly how much he has bid for who and then why he didn't get them.
That way we would know exactly what was happening.

What tight cunts AZ are, keeping a player who really wants to go - which is a no no isn't it - for the sake of half a million.
Everyone believes the papers but nobody has actually taken any notice of the quote from the players mouth that AZ didn't come to the table. So, how have they turned down a bid?
No one believes the club when they say he has 3 years left and they don't want to lose him ,even for 18m.
So, exactly, we don't know how much they want.
Martial last year, we wouldn't offer more than £15m, which everyone thought was fair for a kid in better league, we offered £18m and it was agreed, then £31m and could have got him for £25m according to which report you believe.

Not only this, but the "just pay what they want" brigade are probably the same ones who would judge a player on his value and hold them to a higher standard of form.

If we signed everyone for far more than their value, fan expectation would be through the roof for "that £30m donkey" and the player would suffer so much pressure.

Imo this is why players like Dier, Kane and Alli have done well for us, and that's because the fans & media haven't jumped on them after a couple of bad games for being a waste of money. I do think it contributed massively to the Soldado scenario, and he might have carried on his Valencia form if he cost half as much (although the stattos/gibbs will jump on about tiny dancers, not suited, blah blah blah).

Imagine if the Sun had "Spurs £5m flop" on the back page if Alli had a bad patch of form - wouldn't happen.

If Janseen does sign for us, he might not hit the ground running - and he won't have a chance to develop if he comes in at £20m+, even if that is the going rate.

Not sure I believe us bidding £45 million but if it's that amount Id rather we buy Lacazette as he is more versatile and can operate as a wing attacker very effectively. Especially considering Janssen seems to be coming.

What I love is how everyone knows what poch wants like its fucking gospel.
I think it's the worst kept secret that he really wanted Berahino last summer & we didn't get him. Maybe that's down to Poch himself setting the bid limit- I doubt it, but maybe that's the reason he didn't come to us. Similarly, I can't see the club wasting time & energy showing Jannsen round the facilities & turning his head to us if he wasn't a player Poch wanted. Which brings me back to the fee for him. Maybe Poch has set the bid limit again for him. Maybe not. But if we keep missing out on targets in a position where we have a critical need to strengthen, then there is no point in complaining when we fall short again. I take it that is melting to some people. Manure are strengthening. Citeh are. As are the chavs, the dippers & the scum.

At some point we are going to have to spend on a striker. Historically the most expensive position to fill. We dropped so lucky with Harry Kane. Are we really even debating the need to lay out some serious money to consolidate our place in the league, or are we happy to fall back behind our rivals, having finally made a dent in the sky 4?

Sky Sports:

"£5M FOR YEDLIN?

Tottenham are demanding £5m for their United States right-back DeAndre Yedlin, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland according to the Daily Star on Sunday.

However, the paper reports that it's too high of a fee for the Black Cats, who are beginning to look at other defensive options in the position."

Who else could you get with that age and potential for <£5m??

Back
Top Bottom