Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone on GG who is apparently an acquaintance of some sort to Mason's family....

"Amid all the rumours he had a meeting with Poch yesterday who assured him he's in his plans for the coming season and he is targeting two players for every position as a MINIMUM.

Bournemouth and WBA were both sniffing."

Someone on GG who is apparently an acquaintance of some sort to Mason's family....

"Amid all the rumours he had a meeting with Poch yesterday who assured him he's in his plans for the coming season and he is targeting two players for every position as a MINIMUM.

Bournemouth and WBA were both sniffing."
Good news, I want Mason to stay.

michelle-mcmanus-3.jpg

28767335-Hurry-up-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-background-vector-illustration-Stock-Vector.jpg

It cannot be right that nearly every single potential transfer of ours is such a long drawn out affair. It really is a fcuking nonsense and in my possibly weird way of looking at it, this translates to how we play on the pitch.

Hesitant when needing to be clinical. Unsure whether to pass or shoot. At times a bit too reckless in defence.

We have been chasing Janssen for however long according to the papers and informed pundits but still nothing.

It might be the case with other teams but we have a real exclusive position in having the most protracted transfer dealings and I cannot believe that helps us in the final analysis and nor do I believe it wil impress Pochettino.

It cannot be right that nearly every single potential transfer of ours is such a long drawn out affair. It really is a fcuking nonsense and in my possibly weird way of looking at it, this translates to how we play on the pitch.

Hesitant when needing to be clinical. Unsure whether to pass or shoot. At times a bit too reckless in defence.

We have been chasing Janssen for however long according to the papers and informed pundits but still nothing.

It might be the case with other teams but we have a real exclusive position in having the most protracted transfer dealings and I cannot believe that helps us in the final analysis and nor do I believe it wil impress Pochettino.

Totally agree but the levy lovers will accuse you of moaning. I find our transfer dealings incredibly frustrating and drawn out. We never ever make things easy when it's a player we truely need. Conflicting reports coming out yesterday Jansen is pretty much done, then 2 hours later the AZ director says there's only been 1 bid which was rejected and no more from spurs. Typical tottenham hotspur transfer and don't be surprised if Jansen signs for PSG in the end such is our inability to get our targets over the line

Totally agree but the levy lovers will accuse you of moaning. I find our transfer dealings incredibly frustrating and drawn out. We never ever make things easy when it's a player we truely need. Conflicting reports coming out yesterday Jansen is pretty much done, then 2 hours later the AZ director says there's only been 1 bid which was rejected and no more from spurs. Typical tottenham hotspur transfer and don't be surprised if Jansen signs for PSG in the end such is our inability to get our targets over the line

I ain't interested in those who can't see beyond their nepotistic noses mate. Myopic Magoos.

We profess to be a club with ambition and yet conduct our transfer dealings as though we are a newly promoted club fearful of overspending with fans scared that a bit of healthy competition to Super Kane might see him running for cover.

It is just incredible that we came 3rd last season but I repeat and maintain that if we enter this season with the same lack of attacking options as last season we will be closer to 10th than top.

We needed 4/5 players. 2 of those had to be strikers. We have one and so far and in typical Tottenham fashion a lot of hot air.

Agree on Janssen. Eventually he will think bo!!ocks and go elsewhere.

Simply not true that every one of our potential transfers are long drawn out affairs. And we certainly have no exclusive position as the club with drawn out transfer affairs.

Your post is shit, as usual.

I ain't interested in those who can't see beyond their nepotistic noses mate. Myopic Magoos.

We profess to be a club with ambition and yet conduct our transfer dealings as though we are a newly promoted club fearful of overspending with fans scared that a bit of healthy competition to Super Kane might see him running for cover.

It is just incredible that we came 3rd last season but I repeat and maintain that if we enter this season with the same lack of attacking options as last season we will be closer to 10th than top.

We needed 4/5 players. 2 of those had to be strikers. We have one and so far and in typical Tottenham fashion a lot of hot air.

I bet you were one of the fucking idiots thinking we'd get relegated towards the end of last August.

Simply not true that every one of our potential transfers are long drawn out affairs. And we certainly have no exclusive position as the club with drawn out transfer affairs.

Your post is shit, as usual.

But it is true though. Just because the odd signing like Wanyama get bought quick although we were chasing wanyama last year and that didn't happen. So effectively it's taken a year to get him. We have not signed a proper striker in 4 transfer windows and you are still making excuses and accusing people of talking shit. 4 transfer windows to sign a striker and levy is dithering over a few million. Fucking ridiculous and so small time. Anyone would think we weren't a CL club by the way we conduct our transfer targets. We are currently a CL club so we should think and act like one for once

But it is true though. Just because the odd signing like Wanyama get bought quick although we were chasing wanyama last year and that didn't happen. So effectively it's taken a year to get him. We have not signed a proper striker in 4 transfer windows and you are still making excuses and accusing people of talking shit. 4 transfer windows to sign a striker and levy is dithering over a few million. Fucking ridiculous and so small time. Anyone would think we weren't a CL club by the way we conduct our transfer targets. We are currently a CL club so we should think and act like one for once

Poch stated that he would rather wait than not bring in the right player under the right circumstances. Fucking small time manager, I guess. But do lay it all at Levy's doorstep.

United went into last season with effectively one striker. Fucking small time. From one of the very biggest clubs in the World. Or could it be that strikers at the very top level are in short demand. But don't let realities get in the way of your narrative.

Poch stated that he would rather wait than not bring in the right player under the right circumstances. Fucking small time manager, I guess. But do lay it all at Levy's doorstep.

United went into last season with effectively one striker. Fucking small time. From one of the very biggest clubs in the World. Or could it be that strikers at the very top level are in short demand. But don't let realities get in the way of your narrative.

Yes and united come 5th so what a shit example to give. I'm not sure what pochettino info you read but pochettino actually said he wants his transfers in early before pre season. Read up on it if you don't believe me. So you are talking crap mate!!! Pochettino was basically making levy aware that he what's his transfers sorted quickly. But we never learn and we have taken 4 transfer windows to sign a striker. Don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit though hey mate

Or could it be that strikers at the very top level are in short demand. But don't let realities get in the way of your narrative.
One of the most accurate things ITT. The lot down the road have had the same trouble for a while (hope it continues) and we're no different.

With a stadium to build we'd be loathed to spend big on a backup to Kane but finding someone relatively cheap but not cheap because they're rubbish isn't always easy. Janssen looks like he'll be that guy though.

On Wanyama let's not cloud the sitting on hands narrative with that he was overpriced last year. This window with 12 months was affordable and as such done quickly.

Yes and united come 5th so what a shit example to give. I'm not sure what pochettino info you read but pochettino actually said he wants his transfers in early before pre season. Read up on it if you don't believe me. So you are talking crap mate!!! Pochettino was basically making levy aware that he what's his transfers sorted quickly. But we never learn and we have taken 4 transfer windows to sign a striker. Don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit though hey mate
The same utd that they then ridicule & use as an example of how not to run a club.
U couldn't make it up.

Lucky for us no one on our level are after janssen.
So still very confident we will get him.

My example was based on their status as an economic power house in football; not their league position. The fact remains that of the top teams in the league, when last season started only one of the top teams had more than one out-and-out striker that their manager trusted to play that position. But yes, 5th for United makes it a shit example :dembelewtf:

On Poch's preferences. Yes, he's said, he wants players in nice and early. But you were commenting on the past two years, so once again choosing what he's saying now, over what he's been saying for those two years is just adjusting to your narrative.

From Google cache from Goal.com

"But with Pochettino's men riding high in fourth in the Premier League, just four points off top spot, the Argentinian is adamant he will only strengthen with the right players.

He told a media conference ahead of Sunday's trip to Everton: "Myself and [chairman] Daniel [Levy] have a chat every day for five, 10 minutes.

"We know we are ready to take the best decision for the team and the future of the club. But that doesn't mean we need to bring players in or not.

"Today I am very happy with the squad we have. We have a strong squad and in the place we are after 19 games means we are in a very good way and our decisions were good.

"Only if we can help the team and improve the team will we maybe make some decisions."

From Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham face tough period because of stadium project

He would like to have signed an out-and-out striker last summer or in January but the deals for players that he wanted, such as Saido Berahino of West Bromwich Albion and Fulham’s Moussa Dembélé, could not be concluded.

Given that, Pochettino has preferred to work with the players he has, rather than spend for the sake of it, and save the money – which is available – for a signing that could truly make the difference.

“Our people need to understand that Tottenham changed their vision, not in terms of the football but in the way that we take decisions,” Pochettino said. “For us, it is very important to keep the balance and find the right player, not only the strikers but in different positions.

“You need to realise that to improve our squad today is a very difficult job. It’s easier to find different names on the market, to pay the money and to bring players but it’s not the way that we decided upon 18 months ago. It’s easier for me to say: ‘OK, we bring this and this, and this player but if we don’t believe that can improve our squad, why do it?”

Poch does sound like someone who wants to just pay the asking price whatever it is and be patient :pocheyes:

Fuck off and die. You're not a fan. You're a fucking embarrassment. We heard the same shit last year when we didn't sign a defensive midfielder or a striker. You know nothing and its become increasingly annoying to see your usual shit posts.

We have a squad full of players other teams would undoubtedly want but in a perverse kind of way we benefited from the relatively poor showing of Alli and Kane in the Euros. In truth even the usually dependable Alderweireld was not at his best.

They form a strong part of our spine but looked tired or unable to deliver on the expectation.

My take on it was that they were not caoable of producing the goods because the demands on them all season was too great. That they need even better quality alongside them or that this time next year they will start looking elsewhere. The same could easily apply to Rose, Walker and Dier.

We are seeing that loyalty is a cold tasteless dish unless served with disgustingly high wages or a clear sign of club intent.

Pochettino may have enviable relationships with the players but the Premier League now has some big hitters who will see our players on a regular basis and have a closer handle on their whims.

We have as firm a base as any. Nobody is asking for silly expenditure but we need to maximise our position right now and if that means a bit of speculating so be it.

Fuck off and die. You're not a fan. You're a fucking embarrassment. We heard the same shit last year when we didn't sign a defensive midfielder or a striker. You know nothing and its become increasingly annoying to see your usual shit posts.

I admire your brand of club idolatry. To believe last season can be replicated is so naive or hopeful as to not really warrant a coherent response. However.....

Pochettini obviously erred in getting Wanyama and if we do sign a striker or two I fully expect you to be outside our temporary stadium on CL nights with a placard bemoaning wastefulness.

We need a few players. Being a fan does not or should not preclude posters from having their say which at times can be critical.

Hopefully I get to see that start of the season and don't bring shame to the club. I assume if we score one goal more than our respective opponents that will mean a win? Just checking.

Back
Top Bottom