Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get some of that logic, but if you're a Watford-level club and don't think you can find anyone to replace your not that great front pair for £60m, then what does that say about your scouts/club?

Deeney/Ighalo aren't going to repeat last year, in all likelihood, and if you know that, then it makes more sense to cash in at peak value, even if only for one of them, and find someone for less £, but with a lot of upward potential.
That would have been valid 100% a few years ago but the truth of the matter is that TV money has meant that even lower Prem clubs can have a serious think about whether they need the money.

You say they are instantly transferable, I say I've heard that before! The only team I've constantly seen switch out effectively is Swansea and even their luck ran out.

£15m transfer windfall or £50m for staying up? I know where I'd stick my chips.

That would have been valid 100% a few years ago but the truth of the matter is that TV money has meant that even lower Prem clubs can have a serious think about whether they need the money.

You say they are instantly transferable, I say I've heard that before! The only team I've constantly seen switch out effectively is Swansea and even their luck ran out.

£15m transfer windfall or £50m for staying up? I know where I'd stick my chips.
So do I. Which is why I'm saying it's non-sensical to turn down at least one of the deals.

I really don't think Ighalo can repeat his performance, and expecting him to is a pretty quick way to wind up in a relegation fight.

Last edited:
Here's something to chew on. Have no idea who he is.

SPURS EYE MARSEILLE WINGER

Tottenham have joined the race to sign Marseille wide man George-Kevin N’Koudou, according to reports in
La Provence.

However, the north London club face competition for the France U21 international's signature from the likes of both Hamburg and Sevilla.

N’Koudou, 21, is expected to cost around €15m.

We are after a midfielder from marseille called George-Kevin N’Koudou he's 21 and has scored a few last season he seems decent.

Yes, Sammy mate we heard.

In other news Spurs are being linked with up and coming dutch striker Vincent Janssen.

So do I. Which is why I'm saying it's non-sensical to turn down at least one of the deals.

I really don't think Ighalo can repeat his performance, and exolpecting him to is a pretty quick way to wind up in a relegation fight.
How do you go about assessing a striker & judging this sort of thing?

If Poch and Mitchell see something in Nkoudou then I'm all for him. However, N'Jie hasn't really been given the opportunity, and when he has he's looked promising.

Whether he's unhappy himself, or Poch didn't actually want the deal in the first place remains to be seen. Shame though, I'd liked to have seen what he'd of reaches in our young and hungry squad.

Did Clinton feature in our 2 behind closed doors games (Forrest & Fulham)? The was no mention of him and not seen in the photos. If so odd that development squad players feature and he doesn't.

Did Clinton feature in our 2 behind closed doors games (Forrest & Fulham)? The was no mention of him and not seen in the photos. If so odd that development squad players feature and he doesn't.
Eriksen hasn't featured either as far as I'm concerned. I really hope this doesn't mean anything...

from Gotze to Boufal to Nkoudou

jamesfrancouhwhatev.gif

but tbf the lad looks like a guy with talent, already better than N'jie

Back
Top Bottom