Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can give me a sarcastic reply all you want, I'd say 18 to a rival club and 15 to a club in a different league. But that still doesn't mean we can replace what he brings in to the club and the squad. If it weren't for him we would have lost points at Palace. You all keep saying other players are better and fit the system better, but in that game they didn't make the difference and his not fitting in the team allowed us to unlock Palace.

Had we not won that game we would be 10 points off of the title and it could be over this weekend. Do you really think Josh Onomah would have had that affect on the game even though it's "only Palace"

Although same could be said about the times he's been on the pitch and been the worst player.

I've said he can be useful but he can be so frustrating, he is currently worth £15m max.

Not the only player who can , certainly not. But a player of his calibre are what can make a good team great.

I can't bring myself to dislike him either as he was the talisman of the club in one of our most exiting seasons in recent history
Think you and Joe Clash Joe Clash are talking about different players :chadliwtf::baletroll:

Bale the talisman.

Chadli useful squad player, worth about £15m
Fair point. I don't want to keep banging on about Chadli. I hope he can put his obvious talents to the Tottenham cause. I admire his coolness in front of goal, he makes a difficult skill look easy, but he needs to up his work off the ball. That is where the team, as a whole, has improved beyond recognition.

Arguing over the merits of players is normal for us fans isn't it? Like chatting in the pub before a game.

Fair point. I don't want to keep banging on about Chadli. I hope he can put his obvious talents to the Tottenham cause. I admire his coolness in front of goal, he makes a difficult skill look easy, but he needs to up his work off the ball. That is where the team, as a whole, has improved beyond recognition.

Arguing over the merits of players is normal for us fans isn't it? Like chatting in the pub before a game.

Let's draw a line under the Chadli thing as I agree with you. He is a useful player but one whose position in the squad that could be under threat in the summer.

You can give me a sarcastic reply all you want, I'd say 18 to a rival club and 15 to a club in a different league. But that still doesn't mean we can replace what he brings in to the club and the squad. If it weren't for him we would have lost points at Palace. You all keep saying other players are better and fit the system better, but in that game they didn't make the difference and his not fitting in the team allowed us to unlock Palace.

Had we not won that game we would be 10 points off of the title and it could be over this weekend. Do you really think Josh Onomah would have had that affect on the game even though it's "only Palace"
Onomah is yet to impact upon any first team game. Zero contribution this season. Unfortunately I don't see enough ability there for him to shoe horn his way in in the future.

We should take circa 15 for Chadli and bring a versatile inside forward in, or develop youth in that role (Oduwa, perhaps). In the later case, the 15m could contribute to the signing of a forward.

There seems to be a consensus for a need for a Dembele back-up. Most be all the McGinn speculation...

Onomah will develop into a great central midfielder, but he isn't suited to the wings.

Poch tends to place people on the wings to ease them into the system, where they don't have too many responsibilities (He did the same with Alli and Dembele). Once they understand the system and have got game time, he tends to find their "proper" place.

Done it with Kane, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Dier, off the top of my head. Onomah will be dropped deeper as he ages. Put on some muscle, improve your ability to hold the ball and he has all the ingredients to be the next Dembele

Yeah. You're right. It must be ALL these people talking about McGinn.

Oduwa looked okay, but couldn't really cut it in the Scottish 1st Division, I don't imagine he will be good enough to merit a full time contract with us.

As for the sell Chadli for 15 and use the money to bring in a versatile inside forward, we have one, he's called Nacer Chadli. It's just spending for the sake of spending, something we have all seen hasn't necessarily been a good thing. He's a very good back up and will continue to be so, selling him in the hopes that we can find better, who can hit the ground running in what will be a vital season for us would be the equivalent of shooting ourselves in the dick with a shotgun.

I remember this being reported last month - not a marquee signing, but one I can see happening someday. Think he's the captain for England U19s and I read somewhere he is a Spurs fan!

Lens' Taylor Moore tracked by Tottenham, West Ham - source
i

Taylor Moore, left, is currently playing for Ligue 2 side Lens.
Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Southampton are tracking England under-19 captain Taylor Moore, a source has told ESPN FC.

Moore, who spent time with the West Ham academy as a child, is currently playing at Lens after his family moved to France at the age of seven.

The 18-year-old central defender has made five appearances in the Lens first-team and progressed through the England youth ranks from U17 to U19.

A source close to the player told ESPN FC said Spurs, West Ham, Palace and Southampton have all sent scouts to watch him play for England's U19s in their Elite Round of games against Georgia, Greece and Spain in the next five days.

Moore has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of Eric Dier, who has become a key part of Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham side as well as earning two caps with the senior England team.

Speaking in August, Moore told the Daily Mail: "I admire Eric Dier very much, he's got the exact same story as me.

"He's been brought up in Portugal and played his football out there and I admire him for making the leap back over to England and doing as well as he did last season.

"I still feel I'm far from what I could possibly do. Dier moved back at the right time. I think it would be interesting to see what I could still achieve out here in France."

Lens are currently seventh in Ligue 2.
Never mind how good he is, I just think it'd be hilarious to beat West Ham to signing Moore.
:levylol:

Onomah will develop into a great central midfielder, but he isn't suited to the wings.

Poch tends to place people on the wings to ease them into the system, where they don't have too many responsibilities (He did the same with Alli and Dembele). Once they understand the system and have got game time, he tends to find their "proper" place.

Done it with Kane, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Dier, off the top of my head. Onomah will be dropped deeper as he ages. Put on some muscle, improve your ability to hold the ball and he has all the ingredients to be the next Dembele
Put on some muscle......improve your ability to hold the ball.....
You shouldn't say things like that! You'll get absolutely slaughtered on here.
I too have high hopes for Onomah. I think he can play right across the park.

Put on some muscle......improve your ability to hold the ball.....
You shouldn't say things like that! You'll get absolutely slaughtered on here.
I too have high hopes for Onomah. I think he can play right across the park.

I say it about an 18 year old boy who hasn't grown into himself.

You say it about a 24 year old man who isn't far off hercules lol

The issue about Chadli isn't quality. He's very good alright.

The question is whether he fits in. Two main observations: He isn't in any kind of first XI ever, and every time he is subbed on, he seems to have a notable negative impact on pressing game

The issue about Chadli isn't quality. He's very good alright.

The question is whether he fits in. Two main observations: He isn't in any kind of first XI ever, and every time he is subbed on, he seems to have a notable negative impact on pressing game
I wouldn't say he negatively impacts the game necessarily. He generally comes on for Lamela iirc, so it's the lack of Lamela that does that.

Behind Toby I'd say Erik is our most important player. Whenever's he's missing we lack ''something''.

EDIT - sorry, didn't read your post correctly. Ignore me.

I wouldn't say he negatively impacts the game necessarily. He generally comes on for Lamela iirc, so it's the lack of Lamela that does that.

Behind Toby I'd say Erik is our most important player. Whenever's he's missing we lack ''something''.

EDIT - sorry, didn't read your post correctly. Ignore me.

I agreed because I misread yours - I thought you were talking about Eriksen. It seems churlish to take it back lol.

Back
Top Bottom