Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should sign Scott Sinclair from Celtic.

nintchdbpict0002577041771.jpg

Purely for football reasons.
Two big footballing reasons.
:sonhmm:

So what RBs that are reasonably known are available now.
Toljan is off to BD
Cancelo is off to IM

Pereira is still available but apparently we wouldn't match the £22m released clause for a 23yr old
Aurier is still Available yet has that permit issue
Sanchez can play there & we apparently are willing to pay £35m for his raw and versatile ability.

Here's my book...

Pochettino talked of a maybe maximum of 4 signings. I don't really count Gazza N'Word, but that's by the by.

Par is 2.75

Two signings would be below par, 3 would be above. 1 would be way below, clearly weakening the squad.

These being good to go players, not "may come good next season" types. Not N'Ks in other words.

Players that strengthen our 25 man squad, or whatever it is, players that push our starting XI.

Top 6 type signings, without going too far into that wasps nest

That's it for me.
I can see the way this is going.
I won't be bothering until we have actually bought these 3/4 players that will push players like Dele and Eriksen and give us new energy.
TTfn

So when you reckon we're wrapping up this Sanchez deal then mate?
Last night you seemed pretty certain it was nailed on for today.
What's the tea leaves telling you tonight?

I don't really know much at all, but it's a case of judging the confidence of people who have every right to be informed. Problem with this stuff is that you need agreement from a lot of people for a transfer to go through, and that can easily change if they think there's a more beneficial route.

It's going to happen, but I assume there's a bit of a shit storm around the publicity of it - I don't think we, as a club, like being associated with players on strike or similar "bad PR", so I don't think the videos of him training are a coincidence.

Absolute moose. Not a shred of intelligence behind those eyes, and it certainly doesn't help to have cheekbones lower than your nose. Anyway, in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Those sorts of things aren't considered for the kind of stuff she'd be intended for, I'll be honest

:ledleylick:

Those sorts of things aren't considered for the kind of stuff she'd be intended for, I'll be honest

:ledleylick:

Like Dad used to say to me "Son, you don't look at the mantle piece when you are poking the fire"......

Singed my balls several times trying that............

Never trusted anything Dad told me after that....

Barkley was injured when first linked, with a hernia, now hes done his hamstring

Cant believe anyone actually still wants him.....injured and average, for 30-50M...whats the point.
Just give it to Winks, hes far better anyway

We definitely seem to be narrowing it down now; the 3 names that keep cropping up daily are obviously
Papa Diop, Sanchez and Aurerier

If these deals are gatheting pace, it would suggest they are the 3/4 Poch had in mind all along. (I'm not sure if anyone is counting the Gazzinga transfer yet, even if it DOES happen!)

But it All makes the Barkley story seem like LAST year's transfer window now!

We definitely seem to be narrowing it down now; the 3 names that keep cropping up daily are obviously
Papa Diop, Sanchez and Aurerier

If these deals are gatheting pace, it would suggest they are the 3/4 Poch had in mind all along. (I'm not sure if anyone is counting the Gazzinga transfer yet, even if it DOES happen!)

But it All makes the Barkley story seem like LAST year's transfer window now!

Seems like that. Considering ITK didn't know about any of these 3 guys is proof enough.

But there is 2 weeks left and plenty of time for new names to be linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom