Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this coming from the same guy who was joining in with the moaners weeks ago, when there was still plenty of time?

What a tosser.
We are playing at Wembley, it's a big stage, you can't just throw them in, we need 3 signings at least.

Son is out until September, squad is thin, we have 4 competitions.
We sold 4 players this month: Bentaleb, Njee, Fazio and Walker adds up to £80m min so there must be some money to improve the squad from last year.
All other top 6 are strengthening their squad, do you want us to fall behind!
We only have one decent striker, one RB and need an attacking midfielder unless Lamela is back soon.
We have to say 3 to Levy so he buys 2.

All 19 EPL clubs are strengthening, why not us?!

I am really shocked to read some people on here saying we don't need to buy. As if the EPL is already won. What are you thinking! We just sold walker and only have one recognised RB in Trippier. We have 4 major competitions. You can't just throw youngsters and expect magic, the young players will develop and come good with time, they aren't ready yet. We are playing at Wembley, proven hard for the senior players let alone the youngsters.
We don't know when Rose is back. Is Lamela match fit in 4 weeks time? Son still injured? Sissoko / Janssen staying?
We do have strong team in the PL but not in the CL. We have to win something this season. We need to strengthen the squad to achieve this. The club can't afford and not in position to sign marquee players but there is money to add good quality squad players.

We have £70m but DL won't pay £35m on a defender when he has new stadium £400m finance loan to pay in 5 years.

:dempsey:

At the risk of repeating myself:

Dembele is essential to us because he is a very low risk option, even when he is under pressure he is happy and capable of receiving the ball and moving it up the pitch either by dribbling or playing simple balls.

If you start asking him to be more dynamic, play higher risk passes in order to become more of a goal threat then he no longer plays that role for us.

We have a number of dynamic players already (either three or four ahead of him depending on formation) that can perform that role, and pose less of a risk if they lose the ball.

We spent years and years trying to find a role that work for Dembele and get him to his best. Now i'd rather see him stick to what he is good at imo.
I agree with pretty much everything you say I just think he should still be able to contribute more in the final third when there is a possibility. I'm pretty sure both dier and wanyama have Scored more than he has when playing alongside him and are the more defensive of the two man midfield. I rate dembele a lot probably one of the best at what he does in the world. I just think it's an area which could in the longer term be the difference for me. I just see barkley having that potential if we got him n see in few years if he can

Hang on mate, you were moaning along with the best of them a few weeks ago, and you said Levy wouldn't pay more than £35m.

Joe I said months ago that we could win the PL, and some will celebrate for 5 minutes before they start moaning about what we need to make sure we retain it next year...

Its just in their nature.

I read a post earlier saying if we do well this season, it will be luck more than judgement.

The club can never win....win the league "we were lucky that window didnt fuck us up, Levy could have let us down........"

This thread has gone full circle 50 times.

Fair enough. Let's both admit it and get it out there
We're both obsessed with each other.
Nope. I just don't like negative nancies. How many posts of yours have I responded to outside of the transfer discussion. Virtually none. The obsession and perception of one has always been yours. Bit self interested tbh. You overrate yourself. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom