Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hear we go, Levy signing players over Pochs head again I suppose.....

So tell me, who was Poch really after then? Barkley....well he got injured while recovering from an injury. Maybe Poch thought better of spending 50M there, like any sane person would.

The 3rd choice keeper.....oh how we cried when Pau left. Now we shouldnt sign a replacement. Was at Southampton under Poch too, yeah, Im sure the manager has nothing to do with this one.

Diop....well he's young black and has an African name so why wouldnt he be just like Njie and Nkoudou as you so astutely point out. Christ.

Yes, well done for bigging up Sanchez......I guess the logic here is that you've read he's good, seen some youtube and therefore decided that this was a Poch signing.

Fucking hell

:pochfacepalm:
Well I certainly weren't crying when Pau left. Don't think I even posted on it.

The fuck are you bringing race/colour into the Diop point. That fucking sucks, man

And Sanchez, by all the accounts the Ajax fans have been giving he's a fucking class act. Like I said, let's have a few more. Poch has been pleading for new signings to bolster the squad. Sanchez, from what I can see, fits the bill.

Was signing Dier and Alli considered competition for 1st team places at the time? Perhaps these unknowns can push for a place.
Yes, like N'Koudou, N'Jie, Yedlin, Wimmer, Stambouli etc.

Yes, few of the young low profile players we signed have turned into superstars, but there's also plenty of duds. Not saying a big money signing of a popular player would guarantee success, but the odds of success are higher and I think people just ignore the wow factor that would life the club's atmosphere if we sign someone amazing.

Yes, like N'Koudou, N'Jie, Yedlin, Wimmer, Stambouli etc.

Yes, few of the young low profile players we signed have turned into superstars, but there's also plenty of duds. Not saying a big money signing of a popular player would guarantee success, but the odds of success are higher and I think people just ignore the wow factor that would life the club's atmosphere if we sign someone amazing.

You need to mix it up with promising youngsters you can mouldy along with players for the first team putting it on the first 11 at any given moment they get a chance. We should be targeting players such as Gylfi along with players such as Pape Cheikh but with the market being how it is this year I really don't blame the club for being hesitant.

It's allegedly 6, as Gazzinigga and Foyth wouldn't be match day players.

The talk is that it would be perhaps Barkley, Sanchez, Aurier/similar, Balde/Martial type player, then Gazzinigga/Foyth.

Who knows

After reading up on Aurier and Keita Balde I think they'd be more hassle than needed. Both seem to have bad attitudes when it comes to certain aspects of their make up. No wrong'uns thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom