Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You initiated it

I asked you about your post, yes? It's a public forum.... Nothing to see here.

you please stop....

I asked you to stop, simply for your own benefit because your incoherent musings about the word "gay", what it is to be gay and your gay friends were making you LOOK homophobic (even though I opted to think better of you than at the time).

You clearly found my question un-nerving and went into "how dare you?" mode (As you also did with GlasgowSpur GlasgowSpur )...

I did answer your question. I said I didn't use it derogatory.

Say what you want, but you are categorically mistaken to think this.

Bagelboy said:
You asked why I used gay as a derogatory term. What made you think that?
Just becuase I said if I saw a bloke that was poncy, by that I mean metrosexual, in the mirror all the time and I see stuff that makes me think he's gay, becuase I say, he's gay, doesn't mean it's derogatory. It's the context. I just think he's gay.

Funny thing about posting on a forum... Your comments are there for all to see...

You don't remember any of this then?

Yet I have made remarks that are not to kind like he's the taker, what a bitchy fag, or calling out a poncy cunt as Gay when he's not. It's done on TV a lot too. Ibra and Laurent are a pair of poncy, self adoring wankers too. I've called both of them gay and stated that i think one of them takes it up the arse.

Airfixx said:
Begs the question..... So why do you use "gay" as a derogatory term if there's nothing 'wrong' with being gay?

It's not derogatory.

Airfixx said:
Your use of it is... You already stated you use it to mean "poncy, self adoring wanker"(Your words!), FFS! ...Not gonna stretch to calling you homophobic but lets just politely say you come across as 'confused'.)

Bagelboy said:
So then I pointed out that bloke who thought my mate acted, looked and was gay. Told me he definitely has taken it up the bum, his words. He wasn't being derogatory, he was gay himself
You said it adds nothing to the conversation.

I was right about that part too.

Bagelboy said:
That's the gist of it. I will leave it there.

'Nite.

We sign a couple of players at last and you lot still cant stop cunting each other, fucking grow up

Fuckin' lighten up, some of you... If it wasn't for cunts wanting somewhere to cunt off in disagreement over transfers, this thread would have remained consigned to 'The Toilet' (FACT!)... Besides, on-topic is over-rated (See Godfather 1 vs 2, Homophobia and other debates that have blossomed out of this thread).

Un-moderated forums.... Take the rough with the smooth, innit.

Last edited:
Fuckin' lighten up, some of you... If it wasn't for cunts wanting somewhere to cunt off in disagreement over transfers, this thread would have remained consigned to 'The Toilet'... Besides, on-topic is over-rated (See Godfather 1 vs 2, Homophobia and other debates that have blossomed out of this thread).

Un-moderated forums.... Take the rough with the smooth, innit.

Don't forget the great chippy debate we had earlier.
One of my favourites :)

Does anyone remember the porridgew*g cuntoff during the last wc??
Who was it that started it and got binned??

I would be disappointed to see Vinny go on a permanent deal. Feel there is a lot more to come from him.

I like Vinny but he's not mobile enough for how we play. I want to see my strikers on their toes, sniffing around in areas where it can hurt teams. Vinny dropped too deep and watched the game pass him by so many times last year that I think keeping him on will only waste a year of his career.

He's strong and his link up play is great, I just feel he hides behind it as he can't keep pace with how we are expected to play. A shame and if he leaves I sincerely wish him all the best, he seems like a good bloke

If, and it's a big if we are able to get Keita and Barkley, it could potentially change the dynamic of our attack. do you think Poch would benefit from dropping Eriksen deeper but ahead of Moussa who can sit back a bit more in his older age and shepherd the mid with the occasional burst forward we all love to see:

Dembele

Eriksen Barkley

Dele Kane Keita balde

All 3 of the front guys with a license to roam with Mousa giving it the occasional drive forward and Christian picking out his gorgeous passes like he does, alternating with Barkley as and when required to develop space. Very attacking and I'd have concerns that we might lose a little bit of what Eriksen is all about but I also think we'd gain a new dimension from it as well. It would give oppositions all sorts of problems, especially with the flexibility to mix it up by switching Barkley for Christian in an in game plan B without needing subs (our defence would need to be on its toes though)

A big if but we all know the boss has been looking for a Mane/ Zaha/ Martial type player so I'm thinking how best he'd utilise such a player with the up top we have already. He's clearly keen on Ross as well. It would be good for Mauricio to have options all over to switch it up based on how a team sets up against us.

In play switcheroonies would really dismantle opposition game plans against us and give deadly space attackers like Dele space when doubled up on. It's something we struggled with against a Chelsea and I think other teams will be looking to do the same thing against us as the season goes on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom