Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can rule out Mbappe - absolutely destined for one of the Europe elite clubs.

I think we should absolutely focus on Thomas Lemar though. I find it amazing that we scout France and we have ended up coming back with the likes of Stambouli, Njie and N'Koudou yet missed out on Martial and Dembele and couldn't even find Lemar.

If there's any justice in the world....

....I'll get my coat

Lemar would be nice, but I'd prefer at least one of Bruno Fernandes, Nabil Fekir or Vincenzo Grifo instead. They're all out-performing him this year, with weaker teammates. Isco would be behind any of those four though. He's good, but not as good, and has the benefit of playing with Real Madrid for teammates. For that kind of benefit, you'd expect more output.

Just saw that Mario Gotze won't feature again for Dortmund this season because of metabolic problems. Guess all the fat jokes were justified.

My personal conspiracy theory is that he's got issues stemming from propecia use, which I read screws with your metabolism and testosterone. Notice how he became worse once he started going bald then stopped, while on the other hand players like Harry who seem to be embracing their shit hairlines are better than ever... :sonhmm:

Why are there suddenly so many Dembeles?

It's a surname from West Africa, so maybe it's just a result of more people of West African descent living in Europe? Kind of like how American sports are full of people named Rodriguez/Gomez/Garcia these days because we all started showing up in droves about 40 years ago.

Last edited:
So many young players I want but we have to consider our own youth as well. We want a cutlure of lads who have grown up playing for and supporting the club. It'll mean that whilst talented they'll also be less inclined to crack the shits and leave/put in half-arsed performances. Not everyday that you get to play for the club you've supported for the last 15 years since you were 5 years old. Winks and onomah are crucial to this, there will be quite a few others in the academy as well.

Keita Balde's contract is up in the 2018, could be a good signing as well. Lots of options this summer
Yeah lot's of options. Espacially from monaco if you think about silva, mbappe or lemar. But business as usual it will be very difficult to find a player for a decent price who wants to be and maybe stay here for long.

I've just saw us once again linked with Rabiot. Saw him play against Barca the other week, looks like a really good player if I'm honest. 6'2, good passer, good presser, seems an interesting signing. Doubt we will sign him unless moose is on the move though.

The problem with dembele a the others from dortmund is that they all did go to dortmund cause they are a stepping stone, not to stay there. We need to do this different otherwise we will end up changing our first 11 drastically every summer because of outgoings.

I've just saw us once again linked with Rabiot. Saw him play against Barca the other week, looks like a really good player if I'm honest. 6'2, good passer, good presser, seems an interesting signing. Doubt we will sign him unless moose is on the move though.

He was exceptional against Barcelona, he really was. You can see why Pochettino was after him. He was actually shown around the new training facilities I believe but nothing materialised.

I honestly think I'd rather Tielemans though to develop further and continue with Winks development behind Dembele, Wanyama, Dier etc.

Some on here strongly disagreed with me when I said Clinton Njie was shit.
He's having a shocker over at Marseille.

He was exceptional against Barcelona, he really was. You can see why Pochettino was after him. He was actually shown around the new training facilities I believe but nothing materialised.

I honestly think I'd rather Tielemans though to develop further and continue with Winks development behind Dembele, Wanyama, Dier etc.

I wouldn't mind if we lost moose for a good sum of money. I like him in big games, but not so much in the lesser games. I think Winks, Dier, Rabiot and Vic fighting for that deep midfield pair and Alli/Tielemans fighting for that number 10 spot however would be a tremendous window.

I wouldn't mind if we lost moose for a good sum of money. I like him in big games, but not so much in the lesser games. I think Winks, Dier, Rabiot and Vic fighting for that deep midfield pair and Alli/Tielemans fighting for that number 10 spot however would be a tremendous window.

I think last season's Dembele was a first name on the team sheet. I still think we're a lot weaker in central midfield when he's not playing. His ability to take the ball forwards isn't matched by many. Would Rabiot be able to do that? He would need some adjustment time if he was to join the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom