Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Why would we want a player that would obliterate our wage structure, then spent the season in and out of the treatment room? He represents what used to be wrong with the team, not what was right.

Oh, I forgot to add that Nike wants him as our global superstar, and will pay his wages, so we won't have to break the structure

(could work, in theory)

No. Here is what you said

So harder opposition, especially away Moussa starts yeah?

I'll take that as Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Woolwich, City, Everton, home and away. 12 games there for Dembele.
Possibly throw in Newcastle, Palace and West Ham away?

We're nearly up in half the season mate, yet you are prattling on about how signing squad players is defeatist.

Your solution is a squad player though, whatever your spin. You want a 40M marquee signing that we bench in the tough games.....laughable beyond belief.

Also fairly ridiculous that your marquee signing also requires a brand new formation to make it work......on the back of our best football in 30 odd years, you want to change it for some mysterious player you cant even name.
You can take it however way you like but if you honestly read my post saying "harder games especially away" as Everton home and away, newcastle, west sham and Palace then there is obviously something very wrong with you.

Also when the flying fuck did i say i want the marquee signing on the bench for tough games? Quit twisting its boring.

That's nice that you can't see it but I can. Dier is 7/10 as a centre back. Eriksen was guff from August to November, Son had a great season overall but is not a world class attacking mid or even good enough to be a future PL player of the season. We should have a striker good enough to make playing 2 up top seem a possibility not a handicap. We should have our eyes on players who are actually a step up in development from Modric circa 2008 or Berbatov 2007. Suarez when we shouldve signed him from Ajax. Players like Payet before he went to BNP United. South American players of the year or the best players in Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

We are in a better position than we've ever been to make those signings.

We were probably one great player away from winning the league last year.

That's nice too... But we also need to be able to out-pay the usual suspects to do so. Financially, winning the league is not the immediate agenda. Looking at things holistically, we are way ahead of schedule on the pitch, but we can't endanger the stadium project at such a crucial time.

I'm confident that by the end of the window we'll have seen a few ins and outs with an extra £XX,000, 000 thrown into the pot... That's all we've been promised and frankly I'm happy with that given the holistic picture.

Oh look who's back, can't stop posting on a subject he finds boring.

Totti posted a list of goals scored from corners by all teams in the League last year. He also posted that WBA scored the most with 12 goals. You then posted with glee that argument was won. I then took a look at WBA's stats and posted this:
"they ave 9.74 per game (370.12 corners) = 3.25% of their corners resulted in a goal, +0.25% above average".

Which shows without any fucking doubt that the most successful team in the League at scoring from corners has a fucking success rate of 3.25%, which is fucking shit and is only 0.25% better than the average. Which is the fucking point being made.

Please mate, stop this now. People hated it the last time and here you are yet again being a cunt. Please fuck off and embarrass yourself on another topic, I think this one has been done between you and I. I seem to be able to engage on this subject with other people without a problem, everyone respecting the others opinions and bringing a reasonable claim to support theirs, you on the other hand are incapable of this. So, for the last time fuck off.

*Apologies to everyone else who has to wade through this shite. I'll refrain from engaging with this wanker on this topic again.
I've posted perfectly valid and supported arguments in the topic. And it's you that's writing essays on corners and crosses in the transfer thread AGAIN that people are having to wade through.

I'm perfectly capable of debating the topic sensibly. Have I called you a dick / cunt / twat (twat once but that was just redirecting ur own use of it) or resorted to fuck this or fuck that? Nope that would be ur grown up debating technique.

Actually the last time this came up I wasn't even addressing you. I was talking to someone else's which went perfectly fine. It's u that gets irate on this topic and can't respect opinion without having to shout as loud and as long as u can to "prove" ur opinion is the only one that's right.

If u really wanted to stop this and like uve just pleaded u wouldn't have even replied so cut the holier than tho rubbish.

Crosses and corners are part of the game and as I said with shots I'm sure they are equally as low percentage. It's irrelevant. They aren't going away so u make the most of them and that means having the players with the attributes to do that. If you want to debate them further go and start a thread and see how quickly I don't follow u there.

Strangest reason for transfer I've read yet...

KEAN MAY EXIT JUVE OVER TRACTORS

Moise Kean could leave Juventus due to a dispute over some tractors, according to his father.

The 17-year-old made his full debut for Juve last season and became the first player born after the millennium to play a competitive fixture in Europe's top five leagues. His rise has made him a reported transfer target of a host of Premier League clubs, and his dad, Biorou, says the teenager may leave the Serie A champions because the club have failed to deliver him a fleet of tractors.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus offered a contract of €700,000-a-year, which was fine, but the problem is they had also promised me some tractors for my agricultural business in the Ivory Coast, but now they say there is no budget for them.

"I own several hectares of land in the Ivory Coast which I would like to cultivate with rice and corn. I'm an agronomist. I asked for agricultural materials and they told me "no problem". However, the other day, Juve's lawyer contacted me to tell me that the contract offer had been revoked because my requests were out of their means."

That's nice too... But we also need to be able to out-pay the usual suspects to do so. Financially, winning the league is not the immediate agenda.

We only need to outpay their current employer and any other bidders. Chelsea, Man U and City don't bid for EVERY player (just most of them).

Have another fantastic weekend posting in here fellas! All the best

giphy.gif

Stambouli was a blatant last min cheapo alternative to Schneiderlin (a la Fazio/Musachio)... Harsh to pin that one on Poch when we were just too slow to show any serious interest (by which time Liverpool had already met S'otons 'outgoing' quota).

Osvaldo defo... He'd played under Poch before at Espanyol, no?

All those guys seem like 'commitee signings' to me... Punts at better depth, with decent resale prospects... All the while we were desperate for a 2nd #9... (Concerns me that some windows we get caught up with these kind of peripheral deals and neglect our most pressing needs.... Something that reeks of board - not manager - to me.)

Hmmmm.... Even then I think there's a hint of Levy/'Dutch market has been good to us' about it.

Bearing in mind when brought in, he was initially head coach for the first 2 seasons, i think the only 1 that is a blatant Poch pick is Wanyama....

This summer intrigues me tbh... Let's see who's finger prints are all over the window this time around...

Pretty sure if you said to Poch at the begining of last summer "you can have a £30m AM on upper tier wages", we wouldn't have ended up with Le Lump.
I suppose Pochettino didn't go to watch Jansen play for Holland. He must have liked what he saw, and he didn't go becuase he wasn't involved in his purchase did he.
All I'm saying is Pochettino isn't flawless. He's human. To lump all the failures as non Pochettino signings is very convenient.

What's a thing? The only source to the information above is me, and it's all just based on fantasies. Would be cool though, imo.

As in "they do that now?"; not "is Bale coming?".

....Considering Adidas 'sponsored' Messi to Man of the Tournament at last world cup just cos he'd failed to shine, nothing surprises me any more.

We only need to outpay their current employer and any other bidders. Chelsea, Man U and City don't bid for EVERY player (just most of them).

Barca, RM, BM, Juve..... Should I keep going?

... Cos that's the calibre of player you're talking about.

And the kicker is, these days, if we shop within the EPL (subject to risk factor) we stand to get a lesser player for the same money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom