Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a different player to both, he can be very creative but the thing that stands out is his ability to play in tight spaces against multiple opponents, he is very strong and skilful on the ball.

He is the type of player who is good against packed defences, as he weaves between them not with pace but with skill, power and brains. We don't have that.

Not sure if David Silva is an exact comparison but more than way than Eriksen or Dele.
As a creator, we can measure how many chances they create. Isco manages 2 per 90. Eriksen 3. There are 12 players in Europe this year who have made more than Eriksen per 90. There are 112 more than Isco.

Because Eriksen is playing in a poorer league against very limited opposition most of the time and is a key starter for a team fighting for top four.

Isco is a squad player in one of the biggest clubs in world football competing on all fronts against technically better footballers, I imagine.
Isco has played over 1000 minutes in a Real Madrid side that gives him Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Modric and Benzema to pass to. He creates 2/3 of the rate than Eriksen manages per 90 minutes. It's not about the total number, it's the rate. He is simply less productive.

Isco has played over 1000 minutes in a Real Madrid side that gives him Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Modric and Benzema to pass to. He creates 2/3 of the rate than Eriksen manages per 90 minutes. It's not about the total number, it's the rate. He is simply less productive.

Which is about 1000 minutes less than Eriksen. Against technically better players.

Which is about 1000 minutes less than Eriksen. Against technically better players.
I'm not talking about the total number, I'm talking about the rate. Isco creates a significantly lower rate of chances than Eriksen. The total number of minutes doesn't change that.

And he has better teammates supporting him. League strength is debatable.

No, the rate of chances created per 90 minutes. It's not a playing time issue.

The stat is pointless. I'm sure Payet was topping these charts over the course of the year, yet he wouldn't get anywhere near our starting eleven.

I personally think, you've probably never ever seen Isco play besides the odd game and this is why you're rating Eriksen higher (fishing for stats and the like), and I have no problem with that

Like I said, your opinion is your opinion

It's easier to create chances playing for Real Madrid in La Liga than for Spurs in the Premier League in my opinion.

Isco's problem is that he's in and out of the team. He's not had any consistency in his game since he left Malaga.

It's easier to create chances playing for Real Madrid in La Liga than for Spurs in the Premier League in my opinion.

Isco's problem is that he's in and out of the team. He's not had any consistency in his game since he left Malaga.

Who's created the most chances in La Liga this season?

The stat is pointless. I'm sure Payet was topping these charts over the course of the year, yet he wouldn't get anywhere near our starting eleven.

I personally think, you've probably never ever seen Isco play besides the odd game and this is why you're rating Eriksen higher (fishing for stats and the like), and I have no problem with that

Like I said, your opinion is your opinion
And your opinion is yours. I am not impressed with the suggestion that wearing a Real Madrid jersey sprinkles magic fairy dust on a player and makes them better.

Based on public amounts, yes he did. Good work by City. Bad work by us. But if Gabriel had failed, City could afford to just buy another. We can't, and have to sell Sissoko first. That is the difference.
Just wanted to point out we've broken the 30m mark on a few ocassions already - pity it hasn't quite worked out. But we certainty have the muscle for large purchases

I'll let the Real Madrid fans sort out if they'd rather James or Isco.

I know quite a number of RM fans, although I only talk to one about football much. When I asked him about Isco he said he would be one of the best PL players (really rates him) if he came and yes he thinks he is better than James, although he laughed his head off when I asked if he would come to Spurs, he laughed just as hard about James coming to Spurs as well. He also views Modric as the most important RM player although apparently according to him that is a quite a common view among RM fans.

I had this conversation only two days ago funnily enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom