Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, if fees are correct...
+£75m net spend
giphy.gif

Squad looks very thin at the moment , with Lamela and heu min son expected to return in October and September respectively. And the future of Sissoko and Wimmer remaining uncertain.

We have a lot of players who might be ready to make the step up to the PL, players such as walker peters, CCV, onamah maybe even Edwards, if Poch thinks these are good enough I trust him, as you only have to look at the like of Dele and Winks to trust in Poch.

We have a lot of players who might be ready to make the step up to the PL, players such as walker peters, CCV, onamah maybe even Edwards, if Poch thinks these are good enough I trust him, as you only have to look at the like of Dele and Winks to trust in Poch.
We are playing at Wembley, it's a big stage, you can't just throw them in, we need 3 signings at least.

We are playing at Wembley, it's a big stage, you can't just throw them in, we need 3 signings at least.

So who do you improve on in the starting 11?
Who do you drop to accommodate these 3 new signings?
i still believe we have the best starting 11 in the PL, we just need to improve the squad.

Squad looks very thin at the moment , with Lamela and heu min son expected to return in October and September respectively. And the future of Sissoko and Wimmer remaining uncertain.
Rose out too. Winks?
So at the moment 2 full backs and Sissoko and Nkoudo for left and right AM.
Hopefully Rose and Son are fit and playing by the time of out first 2 CL games.
Yet we could be without Rose, Son, Lamela and the suspended Ali for those first 2 games depending on recovery times

Depends on your perspective.

If Poch is planning on bumping up some academy lads, it isn't so much.

So far, we've only sold one player who was at the club last season (as Bentaleb, Fazio, McGee and N'jie weren't). Lamela wasn't even available for selection for 80-90% of the season.

If Trips takes Walker's spot, and KWP takes Trips spot, there's cover there.

Even though you're saying it's thin, taking into account all of the above, N'koudou, Onomah and Sissoko barely had a chance to get into the squad due to competition for places.

The only spot we're a bit short on is LB, until Rose comes back in. Anything regarding quality and needs is down to Poch, and we don't know what he wants or is thinking.

So who do you improve on in the starting 11?
Who do you drop to accommodate these 3 new signings?
i still believe we have the best starting 11 in the PL, we just need to improve the squad.
We need options though mate. Going into the season with Trippier as our only RB (let's face it KWP is still a rookie) is risky. If he picks up a knock then unless we play Dier there, KWP is getting a baptism of fire.
That said, there's a lot of panicking on here at the moment, rather like we have got £50 million burning a hole in our pockets. I'd prefer to tie down any new signings quickly to give them maximum pre season time, but we do have to continue to be shrewd, without playing the silly 11th hour games that Levy seems to enjoy.
I don't think Levy will want to rock the boat with Poch though as he is the goose that keeps laying golden eggs for the club. We've just got to try & be patient because I'm pretty sure Levy will back Poch if he wants a player.
Shame about Pereira, but I am very uneasy with all these 3rd party ownerships. It's like a very lucrative slave trade.

We need options though mate. Going into the season with Trippier as our only RB (let's face it KWP is still a rookie) is risky. If he picks up a knock then unless we play Dier there, KWP is getting a baptism of fire.
That said, there's a lot of panicking on here at the moment, rather like we have got £50 million burning a hole in our pockets. I'd prefer to tie down any new signings quickly to give them maximum pre season time, but we do have to continue to be shrewd, without playing the silly 11th hour games that Levy seems to enjoy.
I don't think Levy will want to rock the boat with Poch though as he is the goose that keeps laying golden eggs for the club. We've just got to try & be patient because I'm pretty sure Levy will back Poch if he wants a player.
Shame about Pereira, but I am very uneasy with all these 3rd party ownerships. It's like a very lucrative slave trade.

Yeah I agree we need more options from the bench, semi final against the Chavs proved that, I'm pretty sure Poch has been told he needs to sell to buy so he now has himself a nice little 80million to spend plus maybe another 25 from the club and has players already lined up, I'm sure we will start to make some moves next week, or I'm totally wrong and we will end up with another panic buy at the end of the transfer window......:levyeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom