Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the papers are suggesting today that City are going to buy Alli, Walker and Rose.

You know, just incase we want them to pay for the stadium with the fees Levy would want....

Not surprised at all that he'd refuse a new contract. No amount of wage increase would make him want to stay at Palace if there are top teams sniffing around him, surely?

I mean hell, they could still get relegated.
Nah they probably won't go down... game against Chelsea showed they have enough in them to stay up.

As for Zaha...that will surely mean Lamela is out? Very stoked to see what Poch is up to..as long as we're not going to make any Sissoko-like signings :pochfacepalm:

And he Wembley pitch isn't that much bigger than ours anyway. Too much is made of this

Over 90 it probs takes its toll to begin with (especially given the amount of running our system asks of some) but I can't see that we wouldn't acclimatise given a regular run of games there.

The main concern for me was the amount of passed that were going short cos they were presumably thrown by the pitch dimensions... Plagued us big time in those CL matches and was what caused us to be so easy to break on.

No point in leaning on it as an excuse tho; we must adapt.

zaha can be brilliant. he's the most extravagant and unpredictable player in the epl, and at times is unplayable.... but he's only just (finally) found some consistency in terms of productive output.

would be a punt, but could come off.

Forget Zaha, we need to insert ourselves in this business:

I would blow the entire transfer budget on him, and I'm not even joking. Winks, Wanyama, Dembele, Keita, and Dier is a midfield sorted out for the next decade.

Also, great example of why Bayern are so deadly as a club, both rich and very smart. And it will be very interesting if Red Bull can keep things together.

Random thoughts:

How bad would it be if Rose left for 50M and Shaw came in for 15-20M (if Rose wants to leave)? I honestly don't follow Shaw enough, but would he be a good replacement for Rose? Poch has history with him, obviously. Can Shaw play as a wingback?

I think Sissoko will be sold for 20-25M and those funds used (in part) to bring in Zaha, who is going to go around for what Sissoko did. I don't think Lamela is going anywhere, but I think GKN is gone this summer for around 10M, and that's who Zaha would be replacing.

I would be surprised if Janssen leaves and I don't think we are looking for another striker in the summer with him and Son on the roster.

Isco will be brought up again and again nothing will happen.

Honestly, I don't think Spurs will do much this summer unless someone wants to leave.

Losing any starting XI player at this point is awful. I don't care how much money we're being paid and who's replacing him. It sends the wrong message to our club and other bigger clubs who think they can buy our players.

Forget Zaha, we need to insert ourselves in this business:

I would blow the entire transfer budget on him, and I'm not even joking. Winks, Wanyama, Dembele, Keita, and Dier is a midfield sorted out for the next decade.

Also, great example of why Bayern are so deadly as a club, both rich and very smart. And it will be very interesting if Red Bull can keep things together.

I see Totti Totti has predictably agreed with this FM pin-up boy

How many times have you seen him play, Totti Totti ?

Nah they probably won't go down... game against Chelsea showed they have enough in them to stay up.

As for Zaha...that will surely mean Lamela is out? Very stoked to see what Poch is up to..as long as we're not going to make any Sissoko-like signings :pochfacepalm:

Why on earth would we sell Lamela to sign Zaha? That's like selling Kane to sign Benteke. Selling Eriksen to buy Sigurdson and selling Ali to sign Barkley. :pochfacepalm:

Random thoughts:

How bad would it be if Rose left for 50M and Shaw came in for 15-20M (if Rose wants to leave)? I honestly don't follow Shaw enough, but would he be a good replacement for Rose? Poch has history with him, obviously. Can Shaw play as a wingback?

I think Sissoko will be sold for 20-25M and those funds used (in part) to bring in Zaha, who is going to go around for what Sissoko did. I don't think Lamela is going anywhere, but I think GKN is gone this summer for around 10M, and that's who Zaha would be replacing.

I would be surprised if Janssen leaves and I don't think we are looking for another striker in the summer with him and Son on the roster.

Isco will be brought up again and again nothing will happen.

Honestly, I don't think Spurs will do much this summer unless someone wants to leave.

Rose is now the best LB in the Prem but Shaw was the best under Poch at Saints, I don't know what Poch does to full backs but he seems to have magic powers.

I wouldn't want to sell Rose but yes if he did force a move, Shaw would a good option as a replacement although so would Sessegnon. Let's just try and keep Rose.

Rose is now the best LB in the Prem but Shaw was the best under Poch at Saints, I don't know what Poch does to full backs but he seems to have magic powers.

I wouldn't want to sell Rose but yes if he did force a move, Shaw would a good option as a replacement although so would Sessegnon. Let's just try and keep Rose.

I can't imagine Rose will try to force a move. Spurs have shown great faith in him and made him the player he is. He owes us and most of all he owes Poch to commit himself to our cause and help us lift a title or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom