Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's correct to say that it has crashed. Once the rise to the top turned to an extremely potent, succesful side, they got milked for talent and had to reproduce. Now they lose their best few players regularly, and have to replace them with exciting potential. They also lost their head honcho, who was probably pulling a lot of important strings in the clubs. Things like that will cause a fluctuation in form and results. It doesn't change the fact though, that they are still an exciting team, mostly challenging Bayern in Germany, mostly doing well in Europe. And they do well while developing new, exciting talent. To me, that's the way to do it.
Cheers haven't really seen any hype since they were ripping it up......would be nice to see them create some kind of cycle of success in periods

So in years gone by Levy was approached by Roman about a buyout and he said "no". Where would we be now if things had gone the other way?

I'll tell you:

It would be like winning a race but cheating, everyone else would have seen the sly move and your victory whilst on paper would remain it would be hollow. That's how I feel about certain clubs:

Man City - anything they achieve is by cheating
Chelsea - anything they achieve is by cheating
West Ham - anything they achieve is by cheating (pure robbery that stadium)

I don't like Woolwich but they have done it the hard way. Fair enough, can't argue with that. Man U have been a massive well run club for many years pulling off some huge commercial deals making them one of the biggest clubs in the World, they genuinely generate a huge income and have for many years. the rest of use (mostly) are doing things differenly

So in years gone by Levy was approached by Roman about a buyout and he said "no". Where would we be now if things had gone the other way?

I'll tell you:

It would be like winning a race but cheating, everyone else would have seen the sly move and your victory whilst on paper would remain it would be hollow. That's how I feel about certain clubs:

Man City - anything they achieve is by cheating
Chelsea - anything they achieve is by cheating
West Ham - anything they achieve is by cheating (pure robbery that stadium)

I don't like Woolwich but they have done it the hard way. Fair enough, can't argue with that. Man U have been a massive well run club for many years pulling off some huge commercial deals making them one of the biggest clubs in the World, they genuinely generate a huge income and have for many years. the rest of use (mostly) are doing things differenly

In 10 years time when their cabinets are full of trophies, no one is going to say they won those by cheating. They will say club with history of "dodgy" trophies.

Last edited:
Plus, who is a pacey winger, where is he coming from and is he prepared to act as a squad player with our first 11 already settled?
We don't have a "first 11", Poch has said this on so many occasions

Chances are you'd have to look for someone young and up coming and someone who will accept average wages. Those players take time to find, and that's only if they are available.
So the moaners would still be out because he's not a star name and wasn't signed for £160 gazillion in the first week of the transfer window.
:kanehand:

In 10 years time when their cabinets are full of trophies, no one is going to say they won those by cheating. They will say club with history of trophies.
And in ten years time when ours is full, I will laud our policy proudly in front of those who needed to spend a billion of someone else's cash.

Then again, so will you.....like a true bandwagon hopper. Congrats

I think their history will be tainted by the lavish doping of oil money
It doesn't matter to some.

All that matters is "trophies".

They see no difference. To them it would be exactly the same if a poor person from a normal background worked hard for 20 years, opened a restaurant from scratch with his own money, and slowly generated a successful business and a top place to eat...........and some rich lazy kid that was given it by daddy and made money in one week.

Thankfully most people have and ounce of decency and find little pleasure in undeserved and vulgar "success" stories

XQFAWUk.jpg

Nobody really knows that. He might as well be very frustrated with him
Nobody knows anything then in that case.

The evidence points to a strong working relationship that goes both ways and both believing in the policy.

You can assume anything.

I can assume that your missus wants to bang her boss, maybe she has? Maybe she's unhappy with you.....you never know

What a weird and morbid way to go through life

I don't like Woolwich but they have done it the hard way.

Woolwich might have set to high a difficulty rating for their game. Not only do they not compete on the sign-big-front (although they have spunked some cash lately), it seems they also try to mostly have players that spend at least half of each season being injured and they reverse develop their young players, making each player worse every season. Look at the trajectory of Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Coquelin, Walcott, Bellerin, their poland ex keeper, Bendtner, and so on. Ridiculous.

You have missed every point so spectacularly and misrepresented all of my arguments that there is little point in even debating things with you.

Lets just agree that you are considerably more Tottenham then I am and leave it at that
What the hell do you understand about the points you are making, someone on here will always have a clearer understanding of what you meant than you did.
Strangely it usually turns out to be the same posters, and whoever it is he/they/it are on my ignore list.
My advice is do the same. Life is so much more pleasant when you don't have read the turgid responses to points you are making - from some of the know all's on here.
Probably people who couldn't hit a barn with a football from ten feet, in all of their lives, but suddenly become experts of all aspects of the game.

The internet era made the summer unbearable, I may be remembering it wrong but transfer windows weren't all that exciting and high tempo in the 90's. The lack on constant push notifications with stupid rumours made it calmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom