Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fnish 3rd and then 2nd. You have a number of your players in the Prem team of the year. You have a record points haul. You have a superb manager. You have the top goalscorer again and you are moving to a huge and new stadium.

Not sure what has gone on since Hull but in between them and Newcastle I do not see a club with the desire to take the next step I am sad to say.

Instead I see a perverse justification in our inactivity and a club that seems to want second best.

Really odd in every regard.
yeah. I agree. no desire to take the next step.

Tottenham-Hotspur-Spurs-1.jpg

:pochfacepalm:

Davinson Sanchez would be an astute buy. Completed the most passes in the Eredivisie and manhandled strikers in the europa last season. I would have no complaints if he is the one to replace Wimmer. He can be clumsy when pressed which hopefully can be coached right out of him.

I still hope our interest in Ricardo Pereira isn't dead and we can make a concrete offer for him with Trippier injured for the rest of the month. His rapid pace along with his technical ability gives him a higher ceiling than Kyle Walker and Poch could transform him into a monster of a fullback. Also started out his career as a striker and then played as a winger but now is predominantly a fullback which shows he has versatility which Poch loves.

Ross Barkley would be a gamble but one that would be worth it. He has potential game-changer qualities about him and would be someone to bring on if we are struggling or if Alli or Eriksen is injured. Our bench would look much better with Son/Lamela/Barkley as our attacking options.

:pocheyes:
35m on a Wimmer replacement? We don't even look like we are willing to spend that on positions we need let alone spending it on a position that we are covered in ( i know we would need to buy a cb if Wimmer goes but spending 35m on one is crazy).

The sheer inactivity is baffling.

I fully expect two of three from Eriksen, Toby and Dele to go at latest next summer, and we should be building for that future now.

Notwithstanding Rose's disgraceful antics today.

It is and if finding players that fit our ethos is proving a little more difficult than we'd thought then fine. As long as we find players that fit by the end of August I am happy.

Where I am less happy is RB. We sell our best RB 1 month ago Next Monday and there's no replacement. Now if they're backing in KWP fair enough, you can't knock youth promotion if they're good enough. One of the few great qualities that makes this club admirable, however, if the gaffer comes out after our last match and says he's not ready that does raise questions. If on Sunday afternoon KWP isn't named at RB then they've made a mistake by not having bought a RB that is ready for PL football. To start the league campaign with Dier at Right back is far from ideal and they've made an error. It's one or the other, they either back the young kid Matchday 1 or admit they made a mistake not buying someone.

Wasn't Dier signed as a right back?

Genuine question.

Spurs fans around the age of 10 and younger will hopefully grow up with the Academy in full flow and a successful team packed with homegrown talent.
It will help keep this shit to a minimal.....English players homesick in England, moving to cities that arent their home as a cure. Never heard of that one before this summer.

The club want to have players with emotional ties to it, nurtured from the start.

Some will leave of course, but most will hopefully stick around and make something of this club, and see through the commendable foundations being laid today.

I envy the next generations of Spurs fans, when since my first game at WHL in 89 or so, Ive had to wait until 2010, and then now for real promise. In the mean time, its just to ride out the transfer windows, let the mercenaries leave, and we keep marching on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom