Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDQPMHpXUAEWtEw

I remember we had a turgid first season under him, but record points, and I was like "OK, progress, it takes time, that's ok, I like him, passion etc.". Next thing, I read an article about how he wanted to race the Paris Dakar and planned on retiring at 40, or some shit like that, and so after that I really lost all affection for him.

Between Redknapp and Poch exists a big smell hole full of a shit atmosphere, shit dressing room, and shit tactics with that Gooner Gilet cunt sneering at the club on TV.

Aye; my last regular season at WHL (before my finances hit the skids) was AVB's first in charge. Even though I've only managed to get back to the Lane a handfull of times since; I can't express how pleased/revealed I am to see that toxicity wiped out... Irrespective of league positions, botched spending etc.

The few times I got down there the year after it was fucking horrible each time (WWL... And iirc the loss was actually under the other cunt!)... Aside from the 2-1 vs Scum at WHL, even the wins were a dour occasion!

JJetset this morn said:
Sessegnon has become really difficult due to other clubs.
Really want to be wrong on Lemar but that is not happening

Cue the usual flapping
Translation:

Sessengnon is taking longer than my previous 'ITK' suggested, so here's a reason for that which doesn't rule out moving to Spurs anyway - meaning whatever happens it looks like I know what I'm talking about.

I'm also going to pour cold water on the Lemar rumours so will look correct if/when he doesn't come to Spurs - or will be forgotten about if he does come because the fanbase will be too happy to care.

:levystare:

5 year deal for a 20 year old who made only 6 league appearances last season? :gallashmm:

(I know you're just the messenger).

Not just that. A player we accidentally stumbled upon when scouting another player. From the stats, he hasn't contributed anything in the very little amount of appearances he has made.

Real strange signing. As long as he isn't our only attacking signing, I'm not too bothered as these young unknowns excite me if Pochettino WANTS the player.

Played well against Stoke, then got Charlie Adam'ed, wasn't the same after that. Alli is the mixed race Lampard.

Even against Stoke, it was more a case of a few flashes of excellence before getting banged by the thug.

As for comparisons to Dele's fwd positioning/runs...Dele actually presses, gets involved in build up play and isn't scared to get physical... Paulinho? Never before has 'ghosting' into the box been more appropriate... Zero presence for the rest of the time; it's hardly surprising he'd occasionally slip the attention of those playing game the game around him.

Last edited:
Not just that. A player we accidentally stumbled upon when scouting another player. From the stats, he hasn't contributed anything in the very little amount of appearances he has made.

Real strange signing. As long as he isn't our only attacking signing, I'm not too bothered as these young unknowns excite me if Pochettino WANTS the player.
Na, these are the level of signings we should expect mate. We can't go out and sign older more experienced players, we need to sign younger unproven ones

Really hope Marcel isn't an alternative to Lemar

What if he is...? And we don't get Barkley either...?

...I mean, imagine HOW disappointed you'll be come December; when there's no signs of us having the league sewn up...!!!

...Maybe 'quitting' is the answer?
Get out now, bro!!!! ...Save yourself the pain!!! :dierpochhug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom